It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Indigo?Who cares?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I read my wife the list of what makIndigo. She says it sounds like an excuse for poorly behaved children and bad parenting.

edit for spelling

[edit on 25-6-2009 by exile1981]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh, isn't this fun. Of course I care. Care about all of you and your labels. We can have a ton of fun with this, to be sure. For complete disclosure, I am an indigo and not. Whoa, both at the same time. I guess it depends on which me we are talking too and which you is asking the questions. At the end of the day you are WAY more "indigo" than me for sure, cause you demand the answer. Tell you what, friend, let us see who is more Christian, Muslim, Iraqi, Canadian, Spiritual and then attack. Sounds like a great idea to me. I actually think that this makes sense. Would love to see the enemy, because ultimately I know that you are not. You never were and never will be.

Back on topic... So this little label of "Indigo". What shall we do with it? What shall we think? Where do we draw the line with all the little "crazy" differences between a whole group of people that are basically the same?

Are we dealing with you as a racist? It seems to me that black, white, yellow, purple, native, female, male, gay, straight, transgender, indigo, star, etc... we should just exist. Now, apply the labels, where would we stop? When are we people?

Jumps off soap box into a more comfortable place...

Thanks for the thread, needed that!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
that's exactly what it is. and excuse for parents to make themselves feel better about their poorly behaved children. "Oh, he's special, he's an INDIGO CHILD that's just how they act."

I might have grown up to be an indigo child as well, but my fathers belt put a stop to that tho.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
reply to post by mellisamouse

Well, I'm agnostic myself and consider myself to be someone open. Well, I like to think that, but I'm also pretty ignoarant at the same time, but at least I can admit it, right?

It's just from what I've read about these "saviours" doesn't sound good at all. Perhaps I envy their so-called abilities. Maybe I want a little piece of their power. We'd all be better if we had the upper hand against something, right?

Or maybe I don't. Maybe it's just their motives I question. For pure beings they don't come across as pure whatsoever. I just don't get how they can be the ones that lead people into a new age. They really sound like they can't even fix their own breakfast. They're not the leaders they're made out to be.

I just feel that if there ever was an end of world scenario and they're they ones that are supposed to help out, I doubt that the new world would be any better and we'd still be repeating the same mistakes. Plus, there'd be the division of normal man and indigo being. We'd still be operating in a tier based society.

Yeesh. Maybe I just need to chill out and shower or something.

lol...

I just think some newagey types made up a lable that a bunch of people tried to fit themselves in...

The newaginess really bugs me, because then people who really are seemingly here to help the environment etc get put in the same box as a bunch of people who attatched a lable to themselves by ones WANTING to feel superior with ANOTHER lable etc.....

meanwhile, the peacful ones who are trying to make a differnce get put in the same categorie as these arrogant types that gave themSELVES the same lable.....

Ug..... the more lables, the more categories, the mosre seperations it seems.....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
hey, what can we call the people who aren't Indigos.maybe we can be opaques\:

1: exhibiting opacity : blocking the passage of radiant energy and especially light2 a: hard to understand or explain

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

A thought on your post: Destroying the free thinking elements of our society, children or otherwise is dangerous at best. Probably good for me that this thread gives me pause when I assume goodness in humanity. Damn the children, their parents, and the teachers quickly! We may run out of excuses and time to place blame. No room for free thought. Line them up before the judges now! Let us quicken a judgment of the innocent by the guilty before we run out of time! Please,
god
print us more dollars quickly, our illusion fades so fast and Taco Bell doesn't taste as good as it used to...

Oh, and you can read my car license plates from space in color but our flippin' satellites have black and white cameras looking at the moon etc...

Found the angry bone...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Well regardless, they're probably better than indie music, anyway.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
It really is just another label that no one needs. Another stereotype to put yourself and others into which limits how you perceive yourself and others. I don't care if anyone is indigo, violet, red or rainbow colored (jk) just stop the stereotyping. No one really knows who anyone really is anyways, we only know what we perceive so why are we always judging others constantly? Nobody is smarter or stupider or better or worse than anyone else, it is all relative to your experience and perception.

EXACTLY!!!! the stereotyping thing.....arggggg!

We are ALL equal, just because I am small doen't make me less than someone tall...

Some people are attracted to small people, others to tall... I am not going to go around trying to put down the "talls" just because I am small, lol....iof someone comes around that lkes small people, cool if not cool, I am not going to hold it against the tall people....

and the tall guy thinking he is better than me??? the last thing I am gonna do is awknowlege him or that he thinks he is better than me..... I am gonna skip right past to the people who have common interests and forget the tall guy who thinks I am lesss than him.......I don't wanna miss out on a great game of cranium just because there is a tall person playing....he isn't the same as the one guy who put me down! He might actually like a shorty like me....lol

Hpe that made sense..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Maybe we should hang out, melissamouse.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Indigo kids etc.

Just another way to sell books that P.T. Barnum would snicker at.

Worthless tribble.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
I might have grown up to be an indigo child as well, but my fathers belt put a stop to that tho.

I went through that too. Hated it to be sure but I don't think you can beat this out of anyone. Indigo may be an exaggeration, to be sure. But. we are all special and able to contribute to life. Indigo, or otherwise, here we are to make it better for everyone, imo.

Call your mom. Hug your kids. Pet your animal(s). Talk to your plants. Rub your wife / husbands back.

One simple gesture means the world in context.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Are you one of those talls that would take a walk on the darkside with a shorty..lol????

See we can brealk free from these divisions! lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Are you one of those talls that would take a walk on the darkside with a shorty..lol????

See we can brealk free from these divisions! lol.

Well, life's all about trying different things and experiencing things to build character right?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Indigo smindigo. It's the taupe and mauve children that scare me.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
First off, before I make any statement I need to say this:
the Indigo Children Theory is just that...a theory.
It's an idea.
Just like any belief that anyone has. And we all have them...too many to begin to count.
I'm not here to defend said theory because I don't take with it myself. It has interesting ideas and is entirely optimistic...but it's a tad on the saccharine side for me.
Personally, however, it's been able to add a few more pieces of the puzzle of the big picture for me to tinker around with.

But, please, people, take the time to become informed on something before you blatantly bash it.
It was a breath of fresh air for me, as they say. Its positivist tones are something sorely lacking anymore.

But to attempt to comment on some things that has been said thus far:
Overly sweet, yes, but not so grandiose once you put it in relative, everyday terms. Think of it like this: we all know charismatic people and there have been many that we adore and even worship and they've all made change to the given social structure some how (JFK, MLK Jr., Gandhi, Buddha, Jesus, etc. etc.). This theory says we are all becoming this.
It's not narcissistic either. If, once again, you had read further into the theory, it states that the Indigos, for better or worse, have come as the trail blazers for the rest - the Crystal children afterward, and everyone else that was already here. It says, once again, that we are all becoming this, that are all heading in the same direction.
These are labels with a subjective meaning, not to be taken literally.

Come on, people...it is "new" ideas that are going to save this world.
You all see what the status quo is doing for us so far.
If nothing else, at least somebody is trying. It may be deluded and misguided...but at least it is something.

Take care, all.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by onenotsaved

WOW, you must be one of those Indigos. lol just joshin

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Great thread, when the indigos come and do something productive, they are worthy of praise, otherwise, they are just like everyone else. Do we get all excited when a scientist watches football? Hell no! We get excited when a scientist finds a cure for a disease plaguing the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
wow

a whole thread dedicated to jealousy

what relevance does this thread have at all

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Looks like someone's an Indigo!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

new topics

top topics