It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Exorcism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Not sure where this belongs, so feel free to move it around Mods..

This is a video that speak for itself.

www.fox61.com...

A Connecticut church posted a controversial video on YouTube that raised questions about the treatment of children by a leader of a gay and lesbian teen mentoring group among others

The video features church elders performing what looks like an exorcism, of what they refer to in the video as "homosexual demons"

Frankly, I'm disgusted that such IGNORANT human beings exist. But it is the country of freedom of beliefs, isn't it?

Thoughts on this story?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I saw that video and I was disgusted. The way the people in the video seem to actually believe that he just needs and exorcism is ludacris.

The people in that video are beyond ignorant as they refuse to acknowledge the science behind being gay. It is a genetic thing. It is NOT a choice and it is not demon possesion.

What a shame that people just don't get it. religion and science don't mix for a reason. Science always proves religon wrong. What you see in that video is a medievil treatment for everything. If you were sick you had a demon, if you were rolling on the ground shaking uncontrollably its a demon.

Now we know that when you roll on the ground shaking uncontrollably you are having a seizure, or when you are sick you just need medicine.

Being gay does not need to you have a demon... It means you are born with it. It is genetics. You can not help being gay any more than you can help being a certain race or what sex you are.

the people in this video, are beyond ignorant and for that reason have no business being around children anymore.

Truly disgusting....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
there was a thread on this yesterday. try going there for more discussion

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I see nothing obviously wrong with the video. There is plenty of evidence that these types of sins are mediated and exacerbated by demons. Binding the demons might help the situation.

Of course the world is too deluded to understand what is going on in the spiritual realm. Moreover we are currently brainwashed to believe that not only is homosexuality normal, but it's actually preferred to the point where it is the only behavior that, when criticized, can land you in jail.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wow. Really? In the old days I hear they also use to drill holes in the heads of the mentally ill, you know, to let the demons out.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That isn't an exorcism.

Screaming at someone isn't performing an exorcism.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

... I'm not gay, ... and do beleive in god.... in fact i'll take that farther, and say I experience god. However I only beleive what he allows me to see, .... not what some pastor tells me, .... or a book older than your ancient ideals. Sorry, but the only one here brainwashed is you, .... and you wouldnt know Jesus if he was on the street asking you for money.

.... like I've said before, Living in ignorance is a form of spiritual death. I'm curious ? ... what does it feel like to live in a box ?? .... I cant have a serious discussion with someone who hasn't the intelligence, or guts, ..... to discover the world on his own.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacevelvet

You forgot to add the putting leeches on the body and blood letting and other outdated ways to heal/help people.Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with exorcism its just in this case I don't find being gay all that evil.The gay people I know are nice, polite,and aren't closed mined biggots.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I guess somewhere they are still hanging witches...

Mankind has always over reacted and attempted to blame anything we don't understand on something evil..

It's funny, but the more things change, the more they stay the same...

Sad really....

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

We weren't having a discussion. You were just reacting within your carefully programmed anti-christian worldview. That's OK, I understand how pervasive the antichrist brainwashing is.

The fact is there are unseen negative spirits that promote behaviors directly forbidden by the Bible. This has been amply demonstrated by many case histories. Read for example "The Road Less Traveled", or "People of the Lie". These books clearly show case after case of what can only be called demon possession in a clinical setting.

The current paradigm of scientific atheism (first promoted by the communists), does not allow for the idea of a spiritual realm let alone demons. That's how they like it. Since I've had personal experience with casting out demons and wrestling with their malign influence, all I can tell you is that it takes a power far stronger than yourself to rid yourself of them. That is why Jesus spoke of binding the strong man and that is why casting them out can be very traumatic.

The strong man (the devil and his angels), can only be bound by the presence of Jesus Christ. Thus even if you had a demon and he was cast out you would be helpless unless you had Jesus to fill the gap. Keep in mind that the prayer over this young man was strictly voluntary. He wanted the prayer in order to overcome his demonic temptation.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by SevenThunders]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

... I dont have an anti=christian worldview, I was devout for many years, ... however for me it was the beginning of a journey, not an end. I have seen many exorcism's as well as meeting some not so friendly entity's in my time.
I just dont like the presumption that homosexuality is wrong ( dont bible quote me on this one, haha )
.... The bible is man's interpetation of god, .... and its over 2000 years old at that. As mankind evolves so does his understanding.
.. Most religious view's hold god almost microscopicaly, life with blinders.
Whatever path we choose the end is never in question.

The method doesnt' matter, only the will. as a great teacher put it.
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

... the journey begins with an open mind, just because a view doesn't suite you doesnt mean its brainwashing, .....

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
The fact is there are unseen negative spirits that promote behaviors directly forbidden by the Bible. This has been amply demonstrated by many case histories. Read for example "The Road Less Traveled", or "People of the Lie". These books clearly show case after case of what can only be called demon possession in a clinical setting.

I've had my share of a little demon/what-ever-you-call-it presence. As almost anyone had, even if they didn't know at the time. It was a start of my journey - not the end. I've returned to the years of my childhood where many traumatic things happpened. And after quite a lot of searching, discovering, undercovering things buried deep within me I've come to the inevitable conclusion.

Demons don't exist. Don't get me wrong - You still can find them, they can try to hurt you, they can try to instill fear in you. But still - they don't exist. It's a meme. It's an artificial life inside a vast, complex system which is the multiverse. Those are the products of many complex functions of the world, somehow they were brought to life in this reality.

Ateists, true ones, that really don't believe in ghosts/demons/god, don't ever get demonic presence. It's a function of people that somewhere deep believe partially, that such a thing might exits. In other words - those people create those experiences.

You said that man wanted the prayer in order to overcome his demonic tempations. That would mean he thought of himself as a sinner. Boom - a direct target for a meme. Really - homosexuals that don't think of themselves as sinners - * don't ever * get such experiences.

Which implies? It's just a part of his/hers power of creation. Is such a thinking anti-christian, depends highly on what you take as words of Christ as true, the Bible (mostly modified), or the gnostic tales (not many survived, had to be hidden and so on). Anti-god? Sure, jahve is a great meme, the greatest of all. But still... a meme.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join