It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Goldblum dead [HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
News reports are filtering through on the morning tv shows in Australia that Jeff Goldblum has died after falling off a cliff while shooting a movie in New Zealand. Three shock hollywood shocks in one day. RIP

Thread title modified to indicate that this was originally a hoax propagated through Twitter.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
can you provide a news source?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Do you have any news links that might help confirm this?
Would be appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Today is a dismal day for bad news. There is No online confirmation but New Zealand Police are reporting that Jeff Goldblum has fallen to his death on the set of his new movie according to Mediafetcher.com.

Wonder if this is true, it is a huge news day so it may be back seat just now.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If Jeff really is dead, with all the Jacko coverage I doubt we'll hear anything for a few weeks. Hope it's just a rumor.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I cannot find any news on this at all. I say prove it.

I hope you are wrong!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Oh my god, I adore Jeff Goldblum. I hope this isn't true.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If this is true, it is to bad. I have always enjoyed Jeff Goldblum's work from "The Fly," "Independence Day," and the "Jurassic Park," films. If the report is as stated we have lost another great actor. In agreement with the other post ,and with Michael Jackson dying, Jeff's story will be put at the bottom of the list.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Im not believing this.

I just checked

tvnz.co.nz...
www.newzealandstar.com...

And many other NZ news sites. Nothing.

And no breaking news of this.

[edit on 6/25/2009 by greeneyedleo]

link   
But Jeff Goldblum was just on the Colbert Report, not two days ago!

Did the Colbert "Bump" knock Jeff Goldblum off the cliff and into the next world?

link   
reply to post by AKARonco

I am seeing the same buzz when I search for details. Reportedly he fell 60 feet from the Kauri Cliffs at approx 4:30AM (GMT +12). New Zealand police have not made a public announcement and all I can find is rumor on other message boards. So this is still unsubstantiated.

Maybe he'll come on tv and say the rumors of his death have been slightly exaggerated.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I am a huge fan of his and rally like him but I am a little suspicious and since I don't know the inner workings of Television and Movies I will just offer this as suspicions. Jeff was on the Colbert Report twice this week. I checked on IMDB and see he is in production but that the filming locations are in the US not New Zealand. I believe Colbert records in the same day it is shown?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
boards.straightdope.com...

It might be helpful to take a gander at this Straight Dope thread.

link   
reply to post by zenius

Yeah I just heard about him dying in my office. Now that makes 3: Terry F., Michael Jackson and now Jeff Goldblum

link   
Every "report" I am seeing about this story has this link...

jeff.goldblum.mediafetcher.com...

But it always times out.... we shall see I suppose.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's a hoax it was also listed as Brad Pit falls to his death in NZ. Neither have died.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This reminds me of the spate of these that made the rounds last year. First it was Mel Gibson, then everyone down to Gary Coleman.

Smells like a hoax.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ok, this has been cleared up for me since I just made James Dean die in the same way. You can to at FakeAWish.com if you can get the stupid thing to work. Ahh.. the power of search engines and random media generators.... *sigh*

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You know what? We treat celebrities like gods, perhaps TPTB are killing them to create some sort of diversion, like a sacrificial ceremony of some sort. Maybe we should check to see what bills are passing in the White House right about now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join