It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physiques Prompt Body Image...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   

The unrealistic ideals portrayed by many of the models that appear in magazines and on television have been shown to negatively affect the way a number of women feel about their bodies. Now research suggests that the same holds true for men. According to a report in the latest issue of the Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, seeing muscular men in ads for cologne and aftershave makes male viewers feel less satisfied with their own physiques.

Read More: Full Story

Want do you think�is this true for you. For me sometimes I wish I hade mescals like that but I�m happy as a am have some mescals don�t feel less satisfied with my physiques.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by vaswegpg]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's really strange I've never been image conscious at all not about my body or anything. I have loads of friends who spend ages at the gym and I feel so glad I'm not like that.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
hmm.. dont really wish i had big muscles like that it looks stupid, i like the way i am, but i think i would be to lazy anyways to get muscles like that in the first place

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well, a good proportion of the people here are women... not men. While the 'buff physique' might not affect guys who are younger, about the time they start getting their first gray hairs, they may feel a LOT differently about it.

I don't think the overly muscled types are terribly attractive, myself.

top topics

join