It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the light of the world!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"You are the light of the world!

A city built on a hilltop cannot be hidden! In the same way neigther should you hide your light under a bushell basket. No, instead, place your light on the lampstand where it may shine for all in the house, and by letting your light shine this way before people, they will see your good works and know that what is done in you is done in God."

~ JC, paraphrased

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

~ Marianne Williamson, author of "A course in miracles"

---------------------

Question: What precisely do you think this light is, and how can we get it, contain it, radiate it..?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a lamp most likely.

i dont really see where youre getting those things to mean "find super awesome 'light' and use it"

the light is just metaphor.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Obviously, it's a metaphor, I'm just putting it out there, as a question to the group, instead of trying to answer it myself. I'm no fool.

I think it's a reference to conscious awareness, and the compassion and love which arises from higher levels of awareness and being.

That said, I also do suspect that there is also a field of awareness, or light of God -consciousness which may, I repeast may also have a physical counterpart in terms of frequency or radiant energy, but that's more speculative.

However, when I am "in the light" I sure notice people more and they notice me, and it is kind of like being a walking light of sorts - it's hard to describe.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Omega,

The light you are reading by.... how does it get into your brain?

Even if you had windows on your head, how would that light if it got from out there get out there again to create what you see, as you are aware what you see is actually made in your visual cortex of your brain....

I have mentioned this several times on ATS and imho it is a really really important thing for everyone to ponder, think about and understand not just intelectually.... but to really really think about it....

ALL the light we see, read by etc is not out there it is imposible biology and science proves this as such, and philisophically to... in meditation etc to and the NDE of blind from birth people...

WE create in ourselves all the "stuff" we call light or the experience we have of physical light out there..... there is no other way for it to be.

And in a similar way when doing much diety meditation or such like, or when the name of god in certain traditions is repeated endlessly for years or whatever the path.... the very fabric of your experience changes to become that thing as such.

You might be very very interested in Chenrezi, look deeply into the creation of him in meditation how it is done and imagined... I am sure that will interest you indeed....

We are and create any light we experience... though I am not saying that out there light waves are not so, but all we "See" as light is self generated... no normal human has ever truley seen light... because he cant step out of his/her visual cortex to experience it.

This is imho the light the yogic JC was reffering to... he knew this profound reality before scince from experiencial awareness within meditation etc...

Just to add, not to long ago, this year anyhow I did a very highly regarded Tibetan Yogi/Lama a favor and gave him a lift to a college close by to spend a few hours talking to students of the faculty of religion.

Afterwards walking in the grounds with him and some of the students and his reception party as such one of the students asked me if I thought he was enlightened (the Lama) now I certainly know he has much levels of realisation way beyond anything I can acces or understand at the moment... but enlightened I doubt it.... however I also know something about this so i gave him the most natural answer...

well if he was he wouldnt let you know anyhow...

The student and a accompanying Philosphy Teacher gave me a bemused look.... so I continued

Because then you would start worshipping him.... and also start looking for the answers outside of yourself, looking for him to give you it...

I noticed as I was saying this he had started to take notice a bit more and slow down his pace from a few yards ahead and the group he was walking/talking with, concerned i may have overstepped my mark and shouldnt be saying anything... I regardless continued to finish with what I knew was right...

It's within you, all of it.

He flashed a wonderfull smile brilliantly glimsped upwards to a clear blue sky briefly, and then ignored me carring on giving 100% attention then to those around him picking up his pace again.

I knew I was at least part right then about what I said... but if I am right as my description shows about him not quite yet being enlightened I have no idea lol as he wouldnt tell me, as its all within me.

And you.

The light to.

Love and Kind regards

Elf.

top topics

join