It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the LRO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

Yes i accept there are technical reasons why pictures could not have been taken right away but that only proves is that NASA designed their probe that way.

Its not impossible to take pics approaching a planet / satellite.

You don't hear about the Voyager space probe having to make several orbits of a planet before it can take any pics and that's using 40 year old technology.

Ill bet if you asked anyone on the planet which part of the moon they would like to see a photograph of FIRST almost everyone would say the Moon landing site. People on both sides of the argument would like to have that pic so they can see for themselves wouldn't you agree?

If the probe doesn't fail in the next month or so i don't doubt there will be pics of the moon landing sites. But because of the time gap between the probe getting there and the appearance of the final pics is going to be so large there is no way they could be held up as any kind of evidence in court.
I will be happy to be proved wrong about the moon landings but NASA just keeps providing us with evidence that is totally weak.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Well, the orbit would need to take the LRO directly over the Apollo landing sites to take a picture of one PLUS that site would need to be in daylight.

Therefore....

....unless they timed the insertion into orbit PRECISELY to put them
directly over an Apollo landing site...
...in the daylight...
...and at the same exact time that they turn their cameras on for the first time,

I really doubt the "first" pictures taken will be of an Apollo landing site. It's more likely that the first pictures taken will be of whatever is directly below them at the time they turn the cameras on. Chances are it isn't an Apollo site (since the moon is big).

Don't worry -- I'm sure they will photograph one of the landing sites as soon as the LRO's orbit takes it over one (in daylight).

jra

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
Its not impossible to take pics approaching a planet / satellite.

You don't hear about the Voyager space probe having to make several orbits of a planet before it can take any pics and that's using 40 year old technology.

The Voyager probes never orbited any planet, they just did flybys. And the Voyager probes most likely went through system checks before approaching there targets. It took the Voyager probes a few years to reach there first targets, so they had more than enough time. Where as, the LRO only took a few days to reach the Moon. Even if they activated the camera on the LRO during the trip to the Moon and were lucky enough to be flying over one of the landing sites, the camera still wouldn't have been able to see the landing site clearly. LRO needs to be in a 50km orbit or less to see the left over hardware. A Voyager style flyby would not be able see them.

If the probe doesn't fail in the next month or so i don't doubt there will be pics of the moon landing sites. But because of the time gap between the probe getting there and the appearance of the final pics is going to be so large there is no way they could be held up as any kind of evidence in court. I will be happy to be proved wrong about the moon landings but NASA just keeps providing us with evidence that is totally weak.

That's not how it works. The time it takes to get the photos of the landing sites doesn't affect how strong or weak of evidence they are. If you think they will be fake, then it will be up to you to prove it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Nice new image of the Lunar Highlands.

Source

[edit on 7/4/2009 by Phage]

[edit on 7/4/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I really doubt the "first" pictures taken will be of an Apollo landing site.

Apollo 14

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
So NASA says its a spacecraft and all the little Skeptic run and create a page that says "See" Its not a rock, its proof..." and now they tell me "Oh yeah but this" Yuppers its a SPACECRAFT"

But when Zorgon says "Its an artifact on Eros, and Zorgon's picture is much better resolution than NASA's, those same skeptics say "Its just a rock"

Funny how the Lemmings operate isn't it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join