It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.T Skeptic. Looking For Other Views

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

Thanks for sharing, it was interesting!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
But UFO's to me are simply Top Secret Government Programs.

So you don't think ETs could possibly come to this planet, but you are willing to believe governments of the world would send their most secret projects over top populated areas to be seen, photographed, possibly crash in plain view of the public potentially causing injuries or deaths, and then deny they ever did it for over sixty years.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Frith]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Anyway, I suppose that each of us here has our own perception of things. Unfortunately, none of us hold the "truth"... yet.....

yes i agree with you on that.

i have to ask though, what would you consider as proof that Aliens are visiting this planet ? what would it take to convince you ?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Interesting video.
A agree with the entire change scenario.
Which, by the way is a favorite phrase of mine.
"Change is the only thing that never changes"

Originally posted by reticledc
"Truth" my friend, is a matter of perspective, as well as perception.

I got into a really elaborate debate once, here
Read it if you choose to. It's long though.
I think that I made a valid point though.
Just to keep it simple, at any given moment an answer must be settled upon.
An answer to the best of our ability to calculate.
The answer, while it may be settled upon, if false, will always end up coming up again.

The point is, even if there were at one point, undeniable proof, and everyone believed it, would it stand the test of time?
Which is what I think you may be eluding to.
Well, I believe that we have faced this exact scenario in the past.
I can feel it.
Perception is 9/10ths of what you see, the other 10th must be felt.
That by any means does not mean I am correct. I could be wrong.
This is why I am on the fence about it, but the evidence seems to point towards a yes. As far as I am concerned, it's real enough for me.

[edit on 25/6/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

meaning that multiple threads occur at the same time

That happens all the time here on ATS,lol....

reply toTheMythLives

It seems like you are trying to consider every possibility BUT extraterrestrials. Why don't you try considering every possibility that EXCLUDES extraterrestrials? So start with ETs and work your way down from there, excluding obvious things and researching much more interesting accounts. It helps of you start your problem by starting from the problem itself: your problem is Is there ET life? Well instead of trying to attribute everything automatically as being mundane, why not try considering it ET related first and then rule out the possbilities from there?Start with the original question "Do aliens exist?". From there look at all the evidence and rule out the evidence supporting ETs, rather than ruling out the evidence from the ET phenomena. I hope that made sense,lol.

By the way, the truth is the truth, it is objective, the only thing subjective is the interpretation of the objective truth,

EDIT because this keyboard I am using SUCKS!lol....

[edit on 6/25/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 6/25/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

You know, I was thinking the same thing as I was writing it..lol

To put your statement in my words (because it was a tad on the confusing side), are you suggesting that Myth start with cases of reported ET encounters and try to see if the evidence backs up ET involvement rather than starting with the evidence and trying to see if ET life might fit the bill?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I revised it a little,lol. But yea, you were close. Basically it seems he is looking at mundane things and trying to explain them away as possibilities for ET events. Rather than looking at the ET event first and excluding alternate explanations from there. Just changing his perspective really.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hi TML. Instead of going through theories and number crunching, lets focus to some extent on abduction of people and the experience of the abductees. Though you can say someone might have made it up. There is lots of evidence(missing time etc..) to attest to that.

I would recommend you to look through the various abduction cases and the abductees experience.

Alien abductions

If you ask me how I believe this aliens and ufo stuff. I would say, that I saw an ufo once. And then I came to a conclusion that we are not alone in the universe.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I think you should just study the topic more, for the past severl months I personally have been studying and looking into various theories and stories everything from aliens and the government to reincarnation stories to UFO cases and so on, trying to piece all this together, because there IS a truth and there IS a reality, but there are so much contradicting evidence out there.

Anyways, I cannot personally believe that we are the only life in the universe, or even the galaxy. Really study astronomy deeply, we are not even a bucket of water in the thousands of miles of ocean on this planet, to think that out of all the galaxy, all those stars, all those planets, we are the only drop in this infinite ocean, is simply absurd and quite honestly, somewhat ignorant. Now don't take offense, please, because at least you are open to debate or to knowledge, and not close minded from what I can tell.

Here is just a quick video if you have not seen them already, showing how tiny we are in the ocean of 'everything-ness' (I suggest watching them all, pretty short) :p

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Also, if you think all UFOs are simply US government top secret programs, then why are they seen all across the world? And why have they been seen for thousands of years, and more recently since the dawn of man flight? If you REALLY think all UFOs are simply US aircraft, watch this documentary: video.google.com.au...

Why would a US top secret flying machine follow aircraft and observe them? If it is top secret, they would not want to be known.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If you claim that UFOs are all "top secret government projects", then how do you explain the depictions of "flying objects" found within ancient structures, glyphs, etc? Further, how would the mayans claim that "beings arrived from the skies"? Flight would have been inconceivable then.

Here's an article that touches upon a few of the various "ancient" Ufos and alien encounters.
www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You pepole rock! I appreciate the alternative views and the kind support. It really means a lot. I will have to say that now I am considering that life maybe elsewhere. In part to what jkrog said and the excuding part. That was a nice psychology move that got me going. And with everyone here posting what they believe but posting it with decorum and respect really meant alot as well. I think I have to say aliens could exist on naother planet and just stating that says a lot. But them visiting earth is another story. But hell, I do believe that aliens could exist
Congrats folks, you open the mind of a skeptic...lol

[edit on Jun 26th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Well that is the one of the main goals of any ufologist; to change the mind of a skeptic.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Well that is the one of the main goals of any ufologist; to change the mind of a skeptic.

I would say, that the main goal of a ufologist is to identify, unidentified flying objects, and prove the origins of such objects, be it human or extraterrestrial.
Changing minds, would only rally people to your cause.
Although, the more people researching a particular topic, the better the likelihood of discovery is.

YAAAAA!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join