It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best game in the market?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I speak as a consumer, not as a professional. I dedicated my gameplay to the PC for many many years. Then I got an XBOX 360, and I don't get it. Crysis was great, but not worth a whole workstation to run. It's silly.

Last computer game I bought? Sims 3 for my girlfriend.. She uses her computer for regular-day stuff, so Sims fits on there just fine.

Its so interesting how critical you get of my opinion considering your position. I give an opinion, and you come back with an argument. I am a consumer... You're the developer. I used to be dedicated to your product, and you've lost me.. What does that say?

The market is stupid. They want silly entertainment. Believe me, its the same way in the music industry: for every great album I produce, I put out a piece of complete garbage to make a few bucks.

The market's desire is no more apparent than with the success of the WII. You'd be a dummy to think they didn't have the right idea... Short development combined with a family-friendly console?? They made millions before they even decided too.

Now me? I like the Valve team. Thoughtful games, great atmosphere, incredible story, and killer graphics.. But guess what?? I can buy all their games on XBOX!!!!! No HD space on my precious PC needed. Do I care about the graphics?? Well yeah, but I can't really tell the difference during those 4 hour gaming-thons.

AGAIN!! Its about efficiency.. You're not part of a for-fun softball game, you're in a business. The score matters. Sadly, the PC score is so far down that the normal consumers will never be able to bring it back. Throw in XBOX live and PS3 online and you have no argument.

So yeah, develop the best game in the world. A ton of people will buy it on the PC, but not enough to make it worth the dev time. Then port it to a console and make some real dough. That's what makes the world go round.. I don't want it anymore than you.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

The market is stupid. They want silly entertainment. Believe me, its the same way in the music industry: for every great album I produce, I put out a piece of complete garbage to make a few bucks.

You know, I'm a hardcore simulation-gaming fan. Like I only bought PC games with realistic physics and graphics, obviously, flight simulators, driving and racing simulators, realistic FPS and RTS games. I never played with keyboard, and mouse solely or even game pads. I use a high quality steering wheel and joystick.

And then I played this silly game called World of Warcraft, I got hooked! Though I play on private server so no money wasted! I still play FPS games though to keep my reflexes razor sharp.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
pc, ps3, xbox..... its like debating god

hey Danna, I downloaded a game called Mount&Blade that was really good.
Its a third person action game in non-magical world. you can download a demo to test i out, but the game best when you can add one of the many mods (and that is why PC is best)

hope you like it

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by putiplot

Mount and Blade is awesome. I tried to start a thread about it ages ago and got no replies.

It is an awesome blend of combat, empire management and roleplaying. Historically accurate? No way. Fun? Hell yes.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
mine..
i have Core i7 cpu...8 gig ram...vista 64bit....Nvidia 9800 GTX X 2 SLI....4 500gb hd sata 2...

eat that

and bring with you your consoles man...lol

the PC can never be beaten...because once a console is out..is out...pc you can upgrade all the time..but you must have the hardware to understand what i mean sry dude

I have a similar setup as you but am running a core 2 duo 2.8 OC'd to 3.4. Anyway; I play WoW and CoD4 on my PC and not much else. For all other games (FPS excluded) I play them on my PS3. I like racing games, sports games, RTS games etc and they are just more fun on a console. The reason I can't deal with FPS on my PS3 is that i'm just too used to mouse+keyboard.

I purchased Fallout3 on the PS3, got really into it then a friend brought me his copy of it for the PC...The PC version with all settings maxed looks like a totally different game but I still play it on the PS3 because it's just more fun for me that way

EDIT to say: the entire point of my post was to say- Go get Fallout3! it's available on PC, 360 and PC

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Anjin]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
its gonna be splinter cell convinction but its not gonna be out untill october, current best titles are end war if anyone ever plays online or i would have to say probably left for dead

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Dunno but PES 09 (pro evolution soocer) always keeps me entertained!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
lol so many options... humm i'll just have to see some reviews about the games.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Definately GTA 4 for me.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I really like Red Faction: Guerrilla for PC. You can destroy any building you see and get mines, big rockets, and yes, guns. It takes place on
Mars and you fight against an oppressive police government, the Earth Defense Force. It also has fun multilayer online.

Minimum System Requirements:

* CPU: 2.0 GHz Dual-Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2)
* Memory: 1 GB RAM / 15 GB of Hard Drive space
* Video Card: 128 MB 3D Video Card w/Shader Model 3.0 Support (Nvidia GeForce 7600/ATI Radeon X1300)

I have played it on 360 but I bet you could get by with a single core processor if it was fast enough. It's the same game on computer.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
time splitters or dark allience 1 or 2

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I wouldn't say best game... but I would say that Call of Duty 4 is the game that your looking for.

I don't believe theres a best... because how good a game is depends on my mood at the time

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
If only to get my 2 cents in here, I've been playing Guild Wars and all the 4 campaigns now for 4 years and have yet to tire of it. I've played WoW but found myself going back to Guild Wars, besides there's no monthly charge for Guild Wars. They have tons of armor sets, weapons, skills and it's not your basic slam bang game, it requires a little ingenuity when using skill sets, they have PvP as well as PvE, new challenges or quests daily, there's just too many attributes to the game to fully mention to do it justice here. Shortly they will be coming out with Guild Wars 2 which is supposed to be pretty cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join