It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best game in the market?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hi, so summer has started and I would like some opinion about a good game I could buy...something that will keep me addicted
and that has guns xD

it can be either for playstation 2 or pc...

* I know the post sucks but its my first

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Depends what you are into.

If you want pointless, linear shooters (that are all about stuff going boom) then try out Call of Duty 4 and 5 (if you haven't played them yet).

If you want some realism, and a bit of difficulty (that leads to great rewards i.e lots of fun) then grab ARMA: Gold for PC (should be cheap now, the sequel just came out).

If your PC is fairly beasty, you could get ARMA2, but it is making most people's machines struggle at the moment. Operation Flashpoint 2 is also coming out in the next few months, and is promising to be a realism nerdgasm.

If you want to shoot some aliens instead, then something like Prey or STALKER would be a good time filler.

BTW, welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

thank you I was thinking about call of duty a friend of mine told me to play half life... is that cool?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

If your PC is fairly beasty, you could get ARMA2, but it is making most people's machines struggle at the moment.

I would've said the same thing, but I don't have it yet, but play Battlefield 2 atm.

Well, if you're realism junkie, then ARMA2 is probably the best FPS out there..

Battlefield 2 and WoW, these are games that got me hooked. But like I said, ARMA2 might be very good!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Danna

If you haven't played Halflife and Halflife 2, do yourself a favor and get them.

If you have a credit card you can get both off of Steam (a program that updates and runs games) for really cheap these days.

They will give you hours of entertainment. Then the (almost) endless list of multiplayer mods for Halflife 2 can keep you occupied for a decade.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
HI,

i can tell you that all call of duty series rock..they have a wonderful single player and addictive multiplayer..

I have a beast for a pc and still am addited to Call of Duty 2

For playing those games online download and install xfire..than add me as a friend..my xfire is uboatss ..i'll be more than happy to give you a tour

Also remember..playing online with real persons is different than against the computer..online is the true competition

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
A great PC FPS game is Left 4 Dead, lots of shhoting and beating zombies
also has great onling game modes. for a straight up FPS game tho id go COD 4 or 5, both great games. Left 4 dead isnt the typycal fps tho. i suggest doing some reaserch on the games i mentiond and making a descision based on what u find.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I think i'll buy call of duty...im not sure maybe ill buy it... call of duty 2 right?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Danna

Break down and by a PS3 or 360.

Lots of great games out there that you are missing out on.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If you're a fan of scarface the movie and the grand theft auto-franchise, pick up ScarFace:the world is yours. It will keep you busy. I don't like grand theft auto and was only mildly interested in the truecrime installments but something about the game is just different. And things definitely explode.

You could always get a 360 and pick up The Darkness. Its a fresh break from the typical First person shooter.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You know, a lot of people shrug at its mediocrity, I still say Halo 3 is a can't-miss.

I've had it for years and still play it at least once a week.

But I agree with the above poster.. People will hate me for saying this (and I'm sad about it too) but PC gaming is DEAD. Get a new console and start searching bargain bins for the real gems.

PS: Just played through Psychonauts.. Its amazing, I highly recommend it.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
First danna...post us your PC specs..

Ram = ?
Processor = ?
VIdeo Card = ?

then i'll give you a list of the hottest games..

Also i need your gender since i think your female right? or wrong ?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
You know, a lot of people shrug at its mediocrity, I still say Halo 3 is a can't-miss.

I've had it for years and still play it at least once a week.

But I agree with the above poster.. People will hate me for saying this (and I'm sad about it too) but PC gaming is DEAD. Get a new console and start searching bargain bins for the real gems.

PS: Just played through Psychonauts.. Its amazing, I highly recommend it.

sorry but your pc might be dead...

mine..
i have Core i7 cpu...8 gig ram...vista 64bit....Nvidia 9800 GTX X 2 SLI....4 500gb hd sata 2...

eat that

and bring with you your consoles man...lol

the PC can never be beaten...because once a console is out..is out...pc you can upgrade all the time..but you must have the hardware to understand what i mean sry dude

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Dude, I'm not challenging you.. Its not a matter of power anymore. Its the matter of reach.

PC games are becoming less and less profitable to produce as compared to their console counterparts..

Want a perfect example?? Crysis. Amazing game, but forget playing it on anything but the most powerful PC at the time. It lost a ton of money.

On top of the fact that PC games are much more easily copied and pirated.

Simple math. If they aren't making money, they won't make it. Graphics don't need to get better as much as gameplay does. We are at a standstill as far as graphics, nuances aren't noticed by the average gamers.

My PC?? Double Quad Core with 6 Gigs of ram and 3 terabytes of HD space. I am a music producer, I need my processing for better things.. My PC is business, my xbox 360 is for fun.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The only PC game i play is Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne. The Campaign mode is horrible. But it is much more fun on b.net . OR, i would suggest Oblivion. If i could, i would get a PS3 and get the game Little Big Planet. That game is awesome. Its cooler the more people you have playing.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
OMG I have such a poor computer maybe i'll stick with the sims no really my pc only has 1gb ram, 2.80 ghz processor and a radean x1600 series and a secondary one...man my pc is last year.. oh and the hard disck has 291 gb and 233 gb free space...now should I stick with the sims now?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Danna

It would still run Halflife 2, or Call of Duty 4 or most of the other games listed above.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
sorry but your pc might be dead...

mine..
i have Core i7 cpu...8 gig ram...vista 64bit....Nvidia 9800 GTX X 2 SLI....4 500gb hd sata 2...

eat that

and bring with you your consoles man...lol

the PC can never be beaten...because once a console is out..is out...pc you can upgrade all the time..but you must have the hardware to understand what i mean sry dude

No need to insult anyone. While I am a PC gamer, consoles are unbeatable when it comes to convenience...

By the way, it will take a while before you can actually take advantage of the raw power of your PC for the latest games... By that time, it will be obsolete and new graphics rendering techniques which are much faster has made it to the market..... Unless you don't mind the costs of upgrading top end all the time... But in reality, mid-range are the most cost-effective way in getting updated in specs and playing the latest games but not costing too much!

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
sry but i have to reply to all who says the pc market is dead...i have to explain you something...

this is how the story goes...

1st there was the playstation 1 which took over the pc...they have different programing languages so the developer 1st wrote the stuff for the playstation than obviously he wouldnt do the same work again and ported the game for the pc...we all know that ported games will result in less performance gameplay experienece..

BUT

Now that we have the XBOX console way above the playstation, how was that achieved?..the answer is simple...

You have the XBOX and PC with the same programing language (Microsoft)..so now you have the developer writing his program for XBOX..which automaticaly writes it for PC and than its ported to playstation...so yo uhave the best games for XBOX and PC

So neither the PC nor XBOX is dying..only the playstation.

I hope you understood

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

your field is music production...mine is game development..so please trust me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join