It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did aliens pose as gods in earlier times?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Were earth visiting and perhaps earth “farming” aliens perceived as gods in earlier times? For instance, was the God of the Bible a successful conqueror of humans? To enter into this discussion I present the first two of the Ten Commandments:

(Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.”

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.”

Taking these commandments literally would mean that at the time of Moses there were other gods in contact with humans. If not, why such a commandment against them? So as to be “jealous” would there not need to be a target for that jealousy as in actual competing gods? "Any likeness of anything that is in heaven above"? What could that have meant for people without air travel let alone space travel? Were there objects and beings coming from the "heavens" that people worshipped? Perhaps this simply meant no likenesses of the sun, moon or stars. I think it safe to say that "or that is in the earth beneath" meant no "golden calves".

The God of the Old Testament gives specific orders to the Jewish people as to how to dispatch of His and their enemies. This despite His sixth commandment. Entire tribes/nations were wiped out by the Jews. Was this how one alien/god did away with the followers of another alien/god? Perhaps these tribes were following alien/gods that had left the vicinity of the earth and were not there to either come to the defense of the tribes or to instruct them on how to defend themselves against the Israelites. Is that how the Jews and not some other tribe became the “chosen people”? Was it that their God stayed until the end of the fight? Did other godlike aliens just lose interest in the earth at some point?

Could the Bible stating that God always existed be the best way for an alien with an extensive life span to communicate that point to an early tribe of humans that lived roughly 50 – 100 years? How would humans 4,000 years ago have dealt with facing an advanced space race? Could the Bible prophesies have been first communicated and then fulfilled by aliens with extended life spans and time traveling ability with the intention of controlling humans through the ages? Perhaps with the intent of harvesting humans or their spirits in some manner?

I don’t want this to get bogged down discussing only the God of the Bible. Were aliens vying for godlike control over various parts of this planet throughout history? Was there competition between godlike aliens? Were the religions that currently dominate our world started by the most intelligent and/or most successful of the alien gods? Were the Sumerians, Egyptians, Mayans, Native Americans and other ancient peoples documenting alien visitors? Are the Chilean Atacama Desert Glyphs, Peruvian Nazca Lines, Egyptian Pyramids, Easter Island Moai and other ancient artifacts evidence of failed competitors for human control and conquest? Were failed competitors simply bad at communicating with humans?

Were some populations and geographic regions poor choices for alien intervention? Did some aliens simply get what they wanted and leave, abandoning their human followers? Was this why previously thriving civilizations fell into ruin if not extinction? Were aliens the catalysts for building advanced civilizations from scattered human populations?

Was Allah an alien god attempting to divert followers of earlier alien gods? Perhaps attempting to steal the human harvest before the prophesized “second coming”? Are godlike aliens still at work on the earth?

Sorry to have presented this as a series of questions. I know there are ATS members with extensive knowledge in the various specialties that intersect in this thread. I hope you find the premise of alien/gods intriguing enough to contribute your opinion. Thank you for your attention and thanks in advance for your contributions.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yes, the God in the Bible, is largely based upon several gods from much older Sumerian texts, predating the Bible with several thousand years. These gods, states the Sumerians, flew around in "Sky-boats", fought wars with "Blazing missiles" and created Man by crossbreeding themselves with "apeman". Or, as the gods expressed it; "Let's bind our image on the existing Being".

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yea, they did. Its all over the bible and many many sculptures all over the world. I'm suprised your talking of this now, I thought it was common knowledge, well it is to me anyways. They didnt pose as Gods, we thought them to be Gods thats what we treated them in that way. I mean if you were acient man and believed that the Gods lived in the Heavens, and then one day a ship came down with Aliens in it, I'm pretty sure they would be like "IT MUST BE THE GODS" Makes sense to me if they were.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

You asked :

Are you serious ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c194c6bcf106.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e987f8ecdbe4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Paintings from Val Camonica, Italy, c.10,000 BC.

Sego Canyon, Utah, c. 5,500 BC.

Egyptian hieroglyphs.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Mtheory]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain

You asked :

Are you serious ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c194c6bcf106.jpg[/atsimg]

I saw something similar to THAT thing when i was a kid... me and my grandparent were staying at my aunt's house in Padang, we were sleeping in living room cos the guestroom was being renovated. I woke up at night, we didnt close the curtain so the living room's lighten up by moonshine from outside, i saw clock in front of me it was around 10 pm, then im turning to left i didnt see my granddad instead i saw my grandad replaced with that creature, then i thought "ok, this must be im dreaming" (i was scared though) so i turned to right to my grandma, but she wasnt there either (she was also replaced by that creature!), i called my grandparent but they dont change, i was terrified that time but i couldnt get up, I still remember it had long head exactly like that, but the jaw and teeth were much longer, and their bones were black (i remember their body as bones cos they were very skinny). I still couldnt get up or scream that time, i just blinked and scratched myself couple of times to make sure it wasnt a dream, i saw my grandad and grandma again couple of times but they still replaced with those creatures, so i just said my prayer and trying to sleep.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Ponyo]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Thanks for the Sumerian tie-in. I was vaguely aware of that, that the Jewish traditions among others built upon the previous. Shhhhhhh!!! I don't think the Christian or Jewish faithful admit to the borrowing! How could you be the "chosen people" if your scriptures were borrowed? In my opinion the title "chosen" was to build up pride within the tribe. Were the Sumerians "chosen" first and then cast aside? I don't think so.

Anyway Nightchild, I don't have all of this in my mind and I appreciate input like yours rather than my Googling and pasting clips from other websites. That said the pictures from other posters are much appreciated as they clearly illustrate the premise of the thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Paveway27

Interesting point Paveway27. I think it's also possible that a belief that "Gods lived in the Heavens" followed the aliens coming to earth and perhaps coming and going back and forth to the sky. I'm not sure the ancients would have thought that a possibility prior to seeing something living come from "the heavens". Thanks!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Yes I'm serious VV! LOL!

What I don't have is a rock solid case built on intimate knowledge of the various aspects that are entwined. That said, this place is a font of conspiratorial knowledge and I was hoping that posing the right questions would pull the various experts into the fray. I know for certain this topic has been kicked around here before. Is there anything new under the sun? Hopefully there is as far as this premise goes and I'm able to draw it out.

I did get you to post the Egyptian elongated skull! Then again you might pull that out for laughs at parties for all I know. But seriously thanks, that adds handsomely to the pro alien/god premise column.

I believe I read something on those skulls before. Correct me but isn't one school of thought that the Egyptians were using some means of shaping their skulls to mimic the aliens? Or was it that the Egyptian royals were thought to have been alien or alien hybrids due to their elongated skulls?

Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mtheory

Mtheory, many thanks for getting those photos posted early in my thread. Those alien forms are repeated in many cultures around the world. If not for alien contact how else would those same forms arrive in places and cultures totally isolated from each other? Were the same aliens visiting different earth destinations? Or were there competing groups with similar forms?

And that hieroglyph with the various depictions of what we would identify as flying machines of various types is perfect for this discussion. That hieroglyph just reminded me of the middle eastern legends of flying or magic carpets. Could those tales have derived from alien technologies?

Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I was just reading this, incredibly relevant well worth the time to read.

www.freedomdomain.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ponyo

Ponyo, thanks for that story. Perhaps what you experienced in Padang, Indonesia is evidence that aliens are still among us. You might not have experienced aliens posing as gods but instead they were posing as your grandparents. Perhaps that is even more strange and frightening to consider.

There are many people on this website that tell of similar alien experiences to us and so you are not alone. I'm certain you will find people here in the alien and UFO related threads that want to know more details from your experience. It's fascinating to us and must have been frightening for you. Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DJones

DJones, very relevant to this thread. That link everyone is to the "The Terra Papers - A Hidden History of Planet Earth" a book written by a native American named Robert Morning Sky. I have not read this work, I had heard of it previously but have just now scanned a few chapters and I find it fascinating enough to go back and read it through when I have adequate time. I saw mentions of various stages of what we know as world history combined with alien history. Annunaki, Hitler, greys, Aryans, Sirians, mind control, electronic devices and seemingly a treasure trove of alien conspiracy world domination. I don't know exactly what to make of it at first glance, so please check it out for yourselves.

Here's the link for Robert Morning Sky's personal website:

Robert Morning Sky

Just a snippet from his website biography:

In general, the legends of Native Americans speak of spirits who had descended from the sky, from the mountain peaks or even from an Underworld. But as I began to study the oldest religions from the oldest civilizations of our historical records, I discovered that in virtually every case, every religion of our world also speaks of beings that have descended from the sky. I was entranced and hooked. The more I read, the further and further back I would have to reach into ancient history. Every religion had another religion that preceded it. My self-assigned task was to try to find the world’s oldest religion. - Robert Morning Sky

It sure sounds pertinent to this thread.
(Do ya think Hemi?) And so between the Terra Papers and his website I've got some reading to do.

Thank you DJones!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Thanks. Nice to find comment that dont make me feel delusional with that story (nobody believes me anyway, everybody says i was just dreaming). That time i doubt those were aliens though, because in the morning my grandad and grandma were there. I tend to think those were 'elemental' beings who were trying to scare me out.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The first line of our traditional KJV bible say In the beginning god created the heavens and the earth. The Koran says In the beginning the gods created the heavens and the earth. As far as the question regarding aliens...If I had to guess its the fallen angels posing as aliens from distant worlds giving the appearance they are here to help us transcend to a higher plane or way of thinking or simply to make life easier for us. But remember the reason they are "fallen" is they followed Lucifer who was very displeased with our creation and the fact we were given Free Will. And theres blatant proof our ancestors were visited by beings in temples and pyramids and such. The difference today is only a select few know of these "aliens" and they are the ones running the show and keeping it hidden from us. Back then I am almost certain the masses in each civilization knew of these so-called aliens but as time passed mankind grew in numbers and knowledge so the aliens went into hiding for a period.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Or maybe they have lived among us all this time. If the angels were so attracted to the women that they mated as said in the bible then it should be safe to say it didnt just happen for a season but has continued all this time which means some of us are decendents of fallen angels which may explain the behavior we are seeing in our fellow brothers and sisters all over the world. No one knows except God when the curtain will drop but I bet the fallen ones and their offspring sense it is near. IF that doesnt explain all this madness then we are all screwed because that means we are evolving once again and this time into monsters. And I mean that both figuratively and literally.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
And do not think for second that demons are ravenous mindless creatures without self control. They were angels not morons. Also keep in mind the Roman Catholic Church has more secrets than any government on earth. In fact it is probably safe to say it is the largest form of government on earth. But what do I know. I am just a cook.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e987f8ecdbe4.jpg[/atsimg]

She is actually King Tuts mom and dad is Akhenaten & Nefertiti
Source

Some scholars believe that Nefertiti ruled briefly after her husband's death and before the accession of Tutankhamun as Smenkhkare, although this identification is a matter of ongoing debate.

They were pretty strange looking. Makes one wonder.

Photo Gallery: Who Was King Tut's Father?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59c5f4149767.jpg[/atsimg]

July 10, 2007After setting off to solve the mystery of NefertitiEgypt's best known royal wiferesearchers instead found evidence supporting the theory that a mystery mummy may be the powerful pharaoh who some experts believe is the father of the famous King Tut.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

Good posts Max, I was hoping that people would be coming at this from different directions and with intuition not just parroting their sources.

These slight variations between the creation stories are fascinating. Not being a linguist, I always wonder if somethings have been lost and perhaps on purpose. I always wondered why say the Gnostic Gospels were thrown out. There's a lot of that involved with the scriptures. This is God's word this isn't. Then you have some stories were assigned to the Apocrypha, "those having been hidden away". So, we used to think this was God's word and now we don't (or something along those lines). With that going on it's hard to know why anything was accepted other than it simply fit or didn't fit the politics of the times.

You mention the Biblical fallen angels. Perhaps these were aliens and just not as powerful as "God". Outcasts or mavericks following Lucifer as you mentioned. Was Lucifer just a loser alien like the political candidate that doesn't get elected? And so being out of power his story is written by the winner? I'm not saying I believe that but there's the old addage about there's three sides to every story. Your version, my version and the truth lies somewhere in between.

Of course what you say about the Catholic Church is widely accepted. I've heard similar claims saying it is the largest corporation on earth.

Thanks!

And to everyone that has contributed thus far, please feel free to add to what you've written or comment on the other posts. Thanks all!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, I look at those skull xrays and think maybe this was a genetic thing caused by inbreeding. But I also recall something about how they bound the heads of infants so that they elongated. Probably caused brain damage. Or were they alien hybrids and the shape of the skull is what distinguished them as "royal"?

A little off topic but I've also heard people discuss how much the president looks like the various likenesses of Akhenaten. I can see the resemblance. The man is at least half African and the Egyptians are African. That fact is often forgotten in that Egypt is always part of the political middle east discussions.

Thanks!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join