It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military coup in Iran RIGHT NOW? June 25 09 4:00pm CST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
CNN has some banner saying there was a military coup in Iran.

Can anyone confirm?

What the hell

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Good ol BBC, Breaking News: Michael Jackson taken to hospital

Good to see they've got their priorities!

Will keep checking!

There isn't even a banner on the CNN website, was it on the TV?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That wouldnt make much sense. The military would coup against Ahmedinejad or the Ayatollah? Unless the Iranian military is surprisingly Western minded I doubt they would coup to replace what is essentially themselves with themselves.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe something is up...

AP Top News at 5:00 p.m. EDT

10 minutes ago EDITOR'S NOTE: Iranian authorities have barred journalists for international news organizations from reporting on the streets and ordered them to stay in their offices. This report is based on the accounts of witnesses reached in Iran and official statements carried on Iranian media. ___

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

EDITOR'S NOTE: Iranian authorities have barred journalists for international news organizations from reporting on the streets and ordered them to stay in their offices. This report is based on the accounts of witnesses reached in Iran and official statements carried on Iranian media.

I've seen that on Reuters for a few days now, I don't think it has just happened.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This thread seems to have more info:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Agree - Country is far from divided, like MSM media is giving us to believe here. I think this is just a psy-op to spread this kind of false information out... Maybe there is some aranged "coup theathre" in its way, from where Iranian officials dont want any reports.

I think Iran is far from any real coups. Army is well funded and gets lots of respect from public and Ahmadins government - why in the earth rhey would want a coup?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

www.google.com...

Sorry - link was missing!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ok, what the snip is wrong with CNN.

There better be a coup going on, otherwise I think i'm going to have to not watch them during prime time again.

Still nothing on their web page, but they have updated their breaking news section to reflect that Michael Jackson had a heart attack.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by kiwifoot

www.google.com...

Sorry - link was missing!

OOOHHH that's got me interested!

Maybe there is something afoot!

Maybe a massive crackdown Tiananmen Square style.

God help the decent folk of Iran if this is it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's not being reported here in Germany. CNN International over here has a giant yellow banner about Michael Jackson.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Ok, what the snip is wrong with CNN.

There better be a coup going on, otherwise I think i'm going to have to not watch them during prime time again.

Still nothing on their web page, but they have updated their breaking news section to reflect that Michael Jackson had a heart attack.

We'll just keep checking on it, part of me wants you to be right, the other part of me fears for the people of Iran if it is true and fails, or even worse, succeeds. Lets hope the military is on the side of pro democracy, and isn't looking to install a military junta.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well check this out, dated today:

“It is difficult to say which revolution is greatest in Iran at the moment. Senior Iranian commentators are saying this morning that a military coup is under way,” says Sperling, Politiken’s Reporter and Commentator on International Affairs, who covered the Iranian presidential elections for Politiken and who returned to Denmark from Teheran Monday.

politiken.dk...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Good find:

“It is difficult to say which revolution is greatest in Iran at the moment. Senior Iranian commentators are saying this morning that a military coup is under way,”

politiken.dk...
Posted an hour ago

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just a tought from yesterday...

State Dept. issues Iran travel warning

WASHINGTON, June 24 (UPI) -- U.S. travelers now more than ever should avoid Iran in the wake of violent election protests that have gripped the country, the U.S. State Department says.

U.S. officials warn American travelers that both international and internal communications have been interfered with by the Iranian government, including text messaging, cell phones and the Internet, ABC News reported Wednesday.

The State Department also says that Westerners in Iran have at times become kidnapping targets in southeast Iran. It warns that even those with dual U.S.-Iranian citizenship are not immune to detentions and harassment, saying that Muslims who have converted to other religions are subject to arrest, the broadcaster reported.

ABC said 10 other countries that have recently come under State Department travel warnings include Uzbekistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Mali, Chad, Nepal, Lebanon, Yemen, Georgia and Sudan.

www.iranfocus.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
BULLETIN -- MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50 -- TMZ.com confirms that Michael Jackson has passed away.

Sad day for the fans of a music icon that made great music and entertained us for a long time. RIP MIchael

Not much from BNO on coup

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Between Jackson and Faucett we wont see any real news for days.

Whoops, can't forget Ed McMann.

Truly the most turbulent week in the worlds history.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

top topics

join