It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Apache killings in Afghanistan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Wow it took six times to ask for clearance to fire.
The Taliban has enough time to have tea and take cover by then.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Didn't seem like there was very much 'taking cover' going on...bits and pieces flying everywhere...what amazed me was how far the apache must have been away for them not to have been detected. Man, must be quiet.

It worries me about when they turn these things loose on us.

Also, I am insulted that we call these instruments of death 'Apaches.' Yes, the Apache people were known for ferocity and courage in battle, but they were only protecting themselves and their way of life. They need to call these contraptions what they are.

"very Expensive Machines for Killing, Maiming and Terrorizing anyone foolish enough to not agree with the crap fed to them by TPTB" But I guess that's too long, huh?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The American Apache was the greatest guerilla fighter that ever lived, either mounted or on foot.

You'll note that these Taliban turds never knew that this advanced Apache weapons platform was nearby. Quiet, silent, deadly.

An accurate homage.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
HAhahaha Helicopters are not quiet, and I doubt that they didn't know it was there. I am sure they knew, and figured he just wasn't going to attack.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Watch the video again.

The helicopter was hugging a ridgeline. When they are in hover and hiding like that, at even short distances, they are extremely quiet.

Even the M1A1 Abrams tank is quiet and can be among the enemy before they are noted.

Not much experience in combat with helicopters, huh?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

So is calling an aircraft carrier the Nimitz, but I'm sure he's not rolling over his grave for that. In any case the Apache is not very quiet, but with a competent pilot he makes sure that he can sneak upon the enemy before its too late. He can fire those 30 mm rounds even from a far distance, but the closer the more accurate it is.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Watch the video again.

The helicopter was hugging a ridgeline. When they are in hover and hiding like that, at even short distances, they are extremely quiet.

Even the M1A1 Abrams tank is quiet and can be among the enemy before they are noted.

Not much experience in combat with helicopters, huh?

The video to me looks as if the angle is almost directly above. How anyone could miss a chopper right above them is beyond me. But you are correct in your assumption that I have not had combat experience with helicopters.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Think about it, look at the video, you have different zoom in zoom out features that shows the helo is from a far distance. These Taliban are not blind or deaf, its just that the pilot wants to make sure they don't see him. If you were the Taliban with no fancy gear to see from a distance, I can tell you for sure that the Apache would probably look like a small dot if you somehow manage to see it if you were looking, had you still not hear the rotor of the helo.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Look carefully at toward the bottom of the video. You'll see what looks like a slight hint of a ridge.

Apaches like to hide along and behind ridges, pop up to take a look, pop back down and relocate.

While an Apache or M1A1 Abrams are noisy up close, wind direction, terrain, vegetation, and a bit of distance can eat up noise.

Plus, if these guys were grab-assing and talking while on the move, that tends to interfere with acute hearing.

Another lesson in why one always travels dispersed and maintains considerable distance when moving in relatively open country.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The usuall issues aside just an FYI:

Multi bladed chopters are alot harder to pinpoint in terms of direction that a classic 2 blade system like the old Hueys. Instead of a whump whump you get a more consisten whine that is alot harder to spot from distance and at night.

I would not be surprised if they had other chopters up and the taliban may simply be used to haveing trasnports in the air and ignored it till the shells start dropping.

A agree 6 times to open up is a bit much.

A coloum of armed men out int he middle of the night are probably not out collection for the Easter Seals

[edit on 6/25/09 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Fred, the military does do some dumb things at times in overreacting.

We would be on ambush, and would be required to call in before firing. Here they were, all armed up, all in line, and approaching fast.

We'd call in, and as usual, it was an "I don't know a damned thing - so I'm going to have to get someone" on the other end of the radio.

By the time we finally got permission, they were long gone.

So we adapted.

We'd open up, smoke them, and then call in requesting permission. Later, if they said "no," we'd just walk off and it didn't happen.

If they gave permission, we'd take a short break, and call in our success.

There's cautionary procedures, and then there's stupidity.

We got tired of risking our butts so some clown in the rear, who couldn't see what we saw, hear what we heard, smell what we smelled, or could intuit what we knew - could continue to put us at risk without having the ability to do our job.

If you're given the responsibility - you should automatically be given the authority.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
thank you very much
good video

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

If you're given the responsibility - you should automatically be given the authority.

Amen, dooper. Amen. There are two types of soldiers:

1) Warrior
2) Politician

#2 are worthless bastards who get in the way. They serve time in many places where the action is. But never serve at the front line. They push some pencils, do their time, and get medals for it because they kiss ass to the right people.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
HAhahaha Helicopters are not quiet, and I doubt that they didn't know it was there. I am sure they knew, and figured he just wasn't going to attack.

You actually cant here a apache until it is to late. Its designed that way

new topics

top topics

join