It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latvian firm accepts souls as guarantee for credits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well I think we have a known it was like this anyway, but at least this first has just come out and said it. Although why anyone would actually agree to this, either they are just that desperate or just that stupid. I like to think that this is a joke, but for some reason, I just don't think that it is. Whatever happened to the good old days of just giving up your soul for a million dollars or for a car.

mosnews.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
WoW!

"Latvia is offering residents loans secured by nothing but their immortal soul."

Kind of sounds like selling your soul to Satan. Many get famous and wealthy by doing this. They must be ateists.

I certainly wouldnt trade my soul. It is one thing no one can take from me.

S&F good post!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

That's what I was saying, but that's more of a saying or a joke in reference to someone aquiring wealth by any means necessary, even if it means killing their own parents for it, but this is the first time i've actually seen anywhere where they actually want to possess your soul. It's funny because a soul cannot be possessed by anyone, nor could anyone give it away.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It grants loans of 50 to 500 Latvian lats ($100 to $1,000) to any adult after he or she signs the a very short agreement.

According to the agreement, the only security required of the borrower is their immortal soul, which they are asked to confirm as their previously unmortgaged property.

The loan is subject to one percent per day in interest until full repayment.

The period of full repayment is 90 days, and in case the borrower fails to return the money, the creditor gets full possession of his soul.

wtf lol.....

I thought this was a joke article, but the company really exists.. The terms actually are not bad at all to be honest.. well, unless you fail to repay.. I wonder if they then try to command your soul to do certain things? utterly bizarre

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
wow about the time that you think that you have seen it all, sha zam this pops up!

the devil must be running out of funds, so his brokerage firm is going public

top topics

join