It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farrah Fawcett dies after battle with cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Farrah Fawcett dies after battle with cancer

www.chicagobreakingnews.com

Farrah Fawcett, whose stunning looks and blinding smile made her a pop icon of the 1970s, has died. She was 62.

Her spokesman, Paul Bloch, says Fawcett died this morning in a Santa Monica hospital. Her 2-1/2-year battle with cancer was depicted in the TV documentary "Farrah's Story."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What a brave lady. She had been battling cancer for a long time. I remember when "Charlies Angels" first came out, every teenage boy bought the poster of her. I also remember her in the made for T.V. movie "The Burning Bed." She was excellent in that film. Also had seen her on the David Letterman Show, where she was acting kind of goofy, but I suspect that was from the medications she was taking. She will be sorely missed...

www.chicagobreakingnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.latimes.com...

abcnews.go.com...

www.people.com...

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
She knew what it felt like to love and be loved. She knew fame and fortune. She lived a charmed life. Better than most.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't want to sound callous , and it is a shame she lost her battle, but this belongs in BTS. Unless there is a conspiracy or something untoward here.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
RIP Farrah. It's a shame you won't be able to share in the immortality technology coming in this century ....

I hope Patrick Swayze can win his battle ... I'm really worried about him.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Looks like the rest of her body caught up with her brain...which died YEARS ago.

I don't care about celebrity deaths. There was probably a kid thrown in a dumpster somewhere today, why doesn't that make the news?

Why is her death any more important than anyone elses?

It shouldn't be a headline...that's for sure...but it is.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Looks like the rest of her body caught up with her brain...which died YEARS ago.

I don't care about celebrity deaths. There was probably a kid thrown in a dumpster somewhere today, why doesn't that make the news?

Why is her death any more important than anyone elses?

It shouldn't be a headline...that's for sure...but it is.

Why not? Millions of people loved her (or at least jerked off to her pin-up :lol

but no i think any death is tragic.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread : Here

Thanks

CLosed.

top topics

join