It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea vows nuke attack if provoked by US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I know it's North Korea...but 100,000 protesters. A direct threat of a nuclear attack. They keep amping it up...I am starting to wonder

Link

SEOUL, South Korea — Punching their fists into the air and shouting "Let's crush them!" some 100,000 North Koreans packed Pyongyang's main square Thursday for an anti-U.S. rally as the communist regime promised a "fire shower of nuclear retaliation" for any American-led attack.

North Korean troops will respond to any sanctions or U.S. provocations with "an annihilating blow," one senior official vowed — a pointed threat as an American destroyer shadowed a North Korean freighter sailing off China's coast, possibly with banned goods on board.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
They have pulled out of the talks and seem insane.

North Korea's "armed forces will deal an annihilating blow that is unpredictable and unavoidable, to any 'sanctions' or provocations by the US," Pak Pyong Jong, first vice chairman of the Pyongyang City People's Committee, told the crowd gathered for the Korean War anniversary rally.

Should the international community call their bluff??

Should it be someone besides the US? How about China???

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Call their bluff. Only the weak show such aggression to the rest of the world. The strong reserve their power, knowing they will survive.

Russia just claims it feels it;s being aggravated against when the US was planning to put up its missile shield in Europe. They know that they are strong enough to resist such efforts. North Korea flat out threatens nuclear war when a single ship moves in.

The simple fact is that an old man is dieing and the politburo is desperate to look strong. They are not. They are week. 100,000 is not a lot, and how can you trust a militant government's information of its own people?

They will try, and fail. We need to call their bluff and we need to do it now. Quickly before they can actually have time to seriously do anything.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

N. Korea vows a 'fire shower of nuclear retaliation' if attacked

Link

Yeah I saw this earlier. It does not look good. I don't think we will all just make up and be friends again. I believe they will keep testing us until they actually do what they are threating. It sucks because I would like to live the rest of my days on this earth peacefully.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I had a bad thought, what if the "freighter" is carrying a nuke, then when the US tries to board it they detonate it and destroy the US ships that are near it. It would be an act of war but it would also be a pretty big statement.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

RULE #1 - Never underestimate your enemy.

RULE #2 - See RULE #1.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

A big statement on how stupid they are.

The US doesn't have a no use policy when it comes to nuclear weapons. We have a NO FIRST USE policy. They open that door and NK will become the worlds biggest parking lot.

They can fire as many as they want at us. We have a pretty good defense for that. How good do they think their umbrella is?

I guess the question they should ask themselves is, do you feel lucky punk, well do ya?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
N Korea MIGHT, just might get one shot off, and then that would be the end of N Korea. I highly doubt that they would even hit anywhere in the US, but just the fact that they launched one at us would lead to their complete destruction.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was under the impression that, while N Korea obviously has nuclear capability, they do not have a delivery system capable of carrying nuclear weapons. So their nuclear annihilation threat is somewhat empty.

And even if they could pull off some kind of attack, I seriously doubt that the US or any of it's allies would turn their country into a "parking lot".

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
I was under the impression that, while N Korea obviously has nuclear capability, they do not have a delivery system capable of carrying nuclear weapons. So their nuclear annihilation threat is somewhat empty.

And even if they could pull off some kind of attack, I seriously doubt that the US or any of it's allies would turn their country into a "parking lot".

If they do actually try to hit us or South Korea with a real deal nuke, we will most definitely nuke them. We have all these nukes, and if that is not a time to use them, when is?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Regardless of our right under UN sanctions to move in on the vessel, it's not N. Korea that I'm worried about. The question that the top brass will be looking at is China. China will decide the fate of this entire situation. Sure, N. Korea is just some little kid with a "short man complex", but China may very well be this kid's big brother that's the "big man on campus." We DO NOT want to get into a scrap with China!! World War III lies not in the Middle East, but right smack dab in the middle of China! And if we nuke N. Korea, what are the chances that fallout will affect China?

[edit on 6/25/2009 by Tunatarian]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Even if Nkorea nukes America the other countries reaction will be: ally with Nkorea or all be against north Korea because nukes are the extreme violence and no one likes it. its like they are breaking the rule and no one likes the one who breaks the rules... its to extreme..to me its as if they are breaking human rights

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Danna

Correct.

There is an unwritten rule for nations with nukes. It goes like this:

Nukes shall only be used for

A.) Destroying something that will hit the Earth
B.) Annihilation an alien invader
C.) Destroying the first city to be infected by zombies
D.) Destroying anything that risks the human population.
E.) Shooting at a nation that uses nukes in a way not described above.

This unwritten rule is simply understood. To break it is to wish death. In all honesty I think it is the politburo's want to look like a victim. Boo hoo, I'm the last powerful communist nation left. I have to go out with a bang looking like the victorious loser who defended till the end.

To hell with that.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Some of you have absolutely no clue when it comes to the DMZ, NK/SK and nuclear weapons. You talk about wiping NK off the map and turning them into a glass parking lot? And I guess all the nuclear fallout and radiation would stay in NK right? THINK PEOPLE! My god. I hope the people with their hand on the red button are smarter than some of you claiming the US will just nuke NK into oblivion. It doesn't work like that. Why the hell do you think we haven't done anything militarily in the last 50 years to NK? Even one large nuclear bomb would have SERIOUS repercussions for the countries surrounding NK i.e. CHINA, Russia, etc. You think they want nuclear fallout in their backyard? The DMZ and SK would turn into a the worst firefight the world has seen before we even got a nuclear weapon launched from one of our subs. NK has been preparing for this exact scenario for 50 years. So have we but our options are much more limited being on the defensive.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Fact is the South Koreans will suffer most. There are approx. 10 million people in Seoul alone. Easily reached with standard missiles and artillery.

So it might be a hostage situation we are facing here.

China must know this is bad for business why don't they step up and board the ship themselves?

Are we therefore to assume China's tacit approval of these tactics???? I am baffled. I thought China was about making money now and left all that goose stepping, missile parading, old time commie crap behind.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You do realize that modern nuclear weapons do not produce fallout? Not all things nuclear create waste and fallout. helium, for instance, has 0 wastes.

Believe it or not but the nukes of the 50s are not the same as the nukes of today. Believe it or not, but today is different.

We do not nuke NK because we don't want deaths in such numbers on our hands. We want peace. All this talk of war hungry people is only for small wars. Nuclear war is for extremes.

Oh yea, and China and Russia probably wouldn't do anything. China would probably just see it as more land to absorb.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Russian military expert plays down fears of N.Korea nuclear war

MOSCOW, June 25 (RIA Novosti) - A Russian disarmament expert has played down North Korea's threats to carry out nuclear strikes if attacked, calling them "political rhetoric".

In a statement on Wednesday, the reclusive communist state threatened "dark clouds of nuclear war" and a "fire shower of nuclear retaliation" if attacked.

"I think this is mainly political rhetoric aimed at both mobilizing the population to support the Workers' Party and pressing for certain diplomatic and economic advantages," said Alexander Pikayev, the head of the disarmament section at the Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of the World Economy and International Relations.

"Nevertheless such statements are dangerous, as they aggravate the already tense situation," he said.

en.rian.ru...

top topics

join