It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School's strip-search violated teen's rights: US high court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

School's strip-search violated teen's rights: US high court

rawstory.com

School officials in Arizona violated the rights of a 13-year-old girl when they ordered her strip-search and looked for extra-strength pain medication in her underwear, the US Supreme Court ruled Thursday.

In a closely-watched case, the US high court ruled 8 to 1 that the strip-search by the Safford, Arizona middle school violated the girl’s Fourth Amendment constitutional right against “unreasonable searches.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I see this as a victory for the "4th Amendment", it's about time! I had been following this case for awhile and could not be happier to see that it was a 8-1 ruling in favor of the student. I have been telling my son's who I am not concened with doing something so wrong that would cause them to be searched that if the school they attends attempts to search them "ALL BECAUSE" another perosn falsely accuses them of doing something wrong which is what happened in this case. It was another student that didn't like this person going to the office reporing that she saw her giving out med's to a friend. This is geat news for our children and all parents should truly be getting the word out to other parents to tell the schools to back off on searching without calling the parents first. I am ranting like Alex Jones lol but I can't help it

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join