It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC vs. MAC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jake_
No, you wrote that "MAC periphials are too expensive". I understood that to imply that peripherals made for macs are too expensive. The company's (Apple's) products are very often relatively expensive.

Apple.... Mac, same thing...! Geez.......:shk: What did you think I meant? Pls read earlier posts.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hmmm, being that I've been on PCs all my life (x86 based architecture) all my life I might have a biased view point on this subject.

Macs in my opinion are nothing more then an expensive piece of furniture. They look very nice & they contour to the room�s atmosphere but in my opinion that�s about all there good for.

A PC you can do anything a Mac can if not better at a fraction of the cost. Not to mention performance. A dual G5 is no contest to a dual Xeon or a Dual Opteron. So in my honest opinion Macs are for people who don't know any better & are drawn to its outward appearance.

[Edited on 22-7-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
Hmmm, being that I've been on PCs all my life (x86 based architecture) all my life I might have a biased view point on this subject.

Macs in my opinion are nothing more then an expensive piece of furniture. They look very nice & they contour to the room�s atmosphere but in my opinion that�s about all there good for.

A PC you can do anything a Mac can if not better at a fraction of the cost. Not to mention performance. A dual G5 is no contest to a dual Xeon or a Dual Opteron. So in my honest opinion Macs are for people who don't know any better & are drawn to its outward appearance.

[Edited on 22-7-2004 by oconnection]

That is a pretty ignorant blanket statement to make. I use Macs because nothing works better than them in the music industry. They are in every major studio I have worked in on both coasts. Do a little research before you paint such a broad picture.

<< 1   >>

join