It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother watches Stone Henge Festival *Video first*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hi guys, i went to the Free Summer Solstice Festival at Stone Henge in the UK a few days ago. The amount of Police there for a free event was utterly ridiculous. There were warning signs all over the place that police sniffer dogs are in operation as well as 2 sets of body searches just to get close to the stones! The as if that wasn't bad enough the police had decided to use their new unmanned areal drone for the first time ever. Ive been told this was reported in the news but they didn't show any pictures or video.

Luckily i had a digital still cam and a digital video cam. I tried to get a few shots with my stills cam but it kept moving about every few seconds which was making it difficult to get a clear shot. I did a lot better with my video cam .

[edit on 25-6-2009 by VitalOverdose]

[edit on 25-6-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
ive never seen that before, what is it, some kind of surveillance drone?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow. interesting surveillence drone. What kind of noise did it make?

As for the police presence, yeah, it seems a bit overkill by what you describe. Almost as though they were expecting something.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Weird it reminds me of a cheap rendition of the C. drone.

I suppose it was feeding live footage back to the PD and others interested in making a bold statement to the festival goers.

Did you get more footage of the event? I do hope so as it was something I wish I could have gone to this year.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Very interesting, it looks like the $300 dragonfly. I bet it is the same with a much higher price. I will investigate this. Expect to see many more of these. No more urinating in public for anyone.

seems they have been doing this for over a year.
www.officer.com...

[edit on 25-6-2009 by earthman4]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Was a low to mid range buzzing sound.. rather like a bi-plane at a distance.

CX

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
With that many people there having a good time, i am so suprised no-one started a game of trying to hit it with a rock.

CX.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Catapults are going to make a comeback, in fact i may buy a load and sell them on. It's getting beyond the joke, you can just imagine them flying them past your bedroom window, snooping on your terrorist activities

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It looks like it has 4 helicopter rotors on top and a peanut shaped body.

It would be interesting to take a frequency counter to an event like that and you could pick up the frequency it is transmitting on. A lot of police don't scramble the signals so you could (with proper gear) watch what they see and know what they are really looking for.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Police send 'spy drone' into the skies

The miniature helicopter, classified as an unmanned aerial vehicle, is almost silent when in use and is fitted with night-vision cameras to enable operators to carry out surveillance after dark.

It can be airborne in less than three minutes and the high-quality digital images it records can be instantly transmitted to a support vehicle or control room.

"It is much easier to control than an ordinary remote-controlled helicopter. It's pretty much forward, back, left, right and record," he said.

"They are military derived and obviously I can't talk too much about that particular use but they are essentially reconnaissance tools.

With the level of military in the surrounding areas it is reasonable to assume that the MOD would want a group of this size gathering near their operations to be closely monitored.

"The MOD owns part of the Stonehenge WHS and DE attends various stakeholder group meetings which discuss and direct the management of the site. It also directly contributes to the management of quite a large number of scheduled monuments within the WHS that fall within its ownership."
www.mod.uk

They are using these at other festivals now. Probably for a good few drugnk and disorderly arrests.
Eye in the sky: police use drone to spy on V festival

[edit on 25-6-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I sure wouldnt like top have one drop out of the sky onto my head

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well, that pretty much proves every shaky UFO video as being bunk. Good camera work.

I wonder what the advantage is for the thing honestly. I understand they can do surveillance etc, but from your description it sounded like that was pretty well under control already considering the security just to get in. Maybe a test run?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is the first test run as far as i can tell.

I think one of the major advantages of this device as far as the police are concerned is the directional microphone + video.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
looks like a better version of my walmart remote-controlled hellicopter.

they can do better then that, cant they?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
A pic i took of the police letting the cars into the event.

(c) Vitaloverdose 2009
Also some more video i found on youtube

[edit on 27-6-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
These drones were first used in 2007 by Mersyside police.

Our drone will be used primarily to support our anti-social behaviour taskforce AXIS, in gathering all important evidence to put offenders before the courts.

Link
news.bbc.co.uk...

They were also used at the V festival in 2007 by Staffordshire police.

The Government are also working on a new citizen spy plane

Unmanned spy planes could soon be used to carry out covert surveillance on UK citizens, under controversial new Government plans.

Link
www.dailymail.co.uk...

We have blindly walked into an Orwellian surveillance state, with no turning back

I have been going to Stonehenge to celebrate the solstice for the last fifteen years, this was ,despite the large police presence, the best for a long while imo.

new topics

top topics

join