It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ive done an exhaustive search for updates this morning and if this "unveiling" is true... its being squeezed tighter than elephant through a keyhole.... which almost lends an air of credence to this matter for me... people love to debunk and refute religious claims or artifacts... and even the nay-sayers are silent...we will see. No ones cried foul yet....

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
this i'm afraid is just not even happening, and its time to move on guys. the wolves they are a gathering.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
*sigh* yet another disappointment..not that I thought it would happen in any case.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We will be left to wonder if the Ark of the Covenant is a simple, symbolic, perhaps even alien, artifact of no power, a weapon of massive supernatural lethality, or a colossal centuries-old super fraud designed to make an certain group of people seem more 'special' than the rest of the profane folk.

Meantime, MSM will be offering a full plate of Jacko coverage, UNTIL you forget about this 'matter.'

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Off topic
OH I HEAR YOU!

I liked Michael and many of his songs but....

Enough already the guy was a pop star not the one who split the ATOM or found the cure for Cancer.

On topic still waiting for follow up

[edit on 26-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wow I hate to ruin all the hopes in this thread. There will never be an Ark of covenant unveiled unless it's fake because it is not on Earth.

Revelation Ch 12 v 19. And the Dwelling Place of Yah ( that's his name not God) was opened in the heaven, and the Ark of his covenant was seen in his Dwelling Place. And there came to be lightnings and voices, and thunders and an earthquake and great hail.

So as you can see according to the scriptures the Ark is in Heaven so if someone comes out and say they have it. They are straight up lying.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by truthofyah12

There is no Revelation 12:19. And even if that was so, since Revelation supposedly hasn't happened yet there's always the possibility of the ark getting there sometime between now and then.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Sorry about that I was one chapter off is Revelation Ch 11 v 19

Still means the same thing it is a future event

Revelation Ch 11 v 18 says. And the nation were enraged and Your wrath has come, and the time of the dead to be judged and to give the reward to your servants the prophets and to the set-apart ones, and to those who fear Your Name, small and great, and to destroy those who destroy the earth.

So until this happens there will be no Ark unveiled until the Most High reveils it himself all others will be fake. Ethiopia or anywhere else

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Did a quick search and while it doesn't appear to have been revealed..

I did find some reading material while we wait for anything new..

Some interesting info..

Ark of the Covenant Being Unveiled? - update

It should have happened an hour ago. Not clear yet what’s going on, but I’ll update this post as often as I can throughout the day. Nothing scheduled on Vatican TV.

WND, at least, is picking up the story, beginning Wednesday as well as in this extensive top-story article they posted last night. It quotes Bob Cornuke at length, along with other scholars and investigators:

Bob Cornuke, biblical investigator, international explorer and best-selling author, has participated in more than 27 expeditions around the world searching for lost locations described in the Bible… Next week, Cornuke will travel to Ethiopia for the 13th time since he began his search for the Ark. He told WND he believes this artifact may be authentic.

“They either have the Ark of the Covenant or they have a replica that they have believed to be the Ark of the Covenant for 2,000 years,” he said.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The only source I can find that is giving any updates is the Ethiopian Review and they are just saying that there is no updates yet! Could be a good site to watch if there is an update.

With that stated, I think this is going to be a non-event and isn't going to happen. Thanks for another BS story WND!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthofyah12
reply to post by theyreadmymind

So until this happens there will be no Ark unveiled until the Most High reveils it himself all others will be fake. Ethiopia or anywhere else

There is still time for the ark to get from here to there before judgment day. You can't know what happens between now and then.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow, just wow... So the Ark that's on hand, even if it could date to the time of its use, is still a 'replica'?

Some people likely won't accept it as being the 'original' ark and insist that somewhere, is the real Ark with all the terrible powers contained within and only certain people can touch it and that its alleged powers are not some amazing hoax.

It's possible the Ark is one of the world's first known disinformation story. Would you attack an enemy that had the power necessary to vanquish you?

[edit on 26-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by truthofyah12

When Moses got the specs for the implements in the Tabernacle, including the Ark of the Covenant, it was based off of what was already in God's heavenly Temple. Hebrews says this. The Temple/Tabernacle and everything in it are only copies of what's in heaven. Therefore, it makes sense that there is a Tabernacle in heaven.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just watched the news here (Sicily Italy) and not a world was said.
Not one.

Really upsetting.

It's either been way squashed by the Pope, or - it was all just a hoax.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

“They either have the Ark of the Covenant or they have a replica that they have believed to be the Ark of the Covenant for 2,000 years,” he said.

Or - they opened the box holding the Arc and *POOF* they all turned to dust...

Wouldn't that just rock the world...

Problem is we'd never hear about it if it did...

[edit on 26-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Maybe they found the "Made in China" label on the bottom, on closer inspection.

I do want this to be true, however. Really really really really really do. I still pray it is true. Come on people! Let it out! Give humanity a reminder that the tales are not fairy tales but real history!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Looks like I was right, it's starting to come out that it was a mistranslation or something and the ark won't be revealed. Hahaha you can't reveal that which does not exist and never has.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
all I can say is...please let it be true.

nothing like nuking a couple mainstream religions in one quick blow...and get at least one religion complete debased (not saying which, but sounds like his lamb)....

just sayin.

of course, if it was unveiled, there would need about 100 years before it was confirmed real.

How would this "nuke" any mainstream religions? Or debase Islam? I fail to see what you're getting at.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If they did that would mean 1 of 3 things.
1;they r starting to notic how many people are saying screw church and turning ayay from them and the ark will being EVERY ONE TO Christianity
2;they r being good ppl
3;its a distraction to get the NWO get into place or allow them to strick

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Vinveezy]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

That's the problem that I see.

If the arc of the covenant is really just a gold-adorned wooden box with nothing inside, of coarse the religious zealots will claim it is the fake one. Even if it is, truly, the only one in existence. Of coarse, there's no way to know how many are out there.. But if the arc really just existed to act as a religious symbol, of coarse there isn't going to be anything inside it.

Religious folks could be missing out on one of the most amazing archaeological discoveries ever. Finding the one true arc would still be amazing to me. Regardless of whether or not it will kill you or melt your face off.

-ChriS

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join