It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Hey,

When the King Tut exhibition came to London I went to visit it and I tell no lies but there was an exact replica there pretty much.

Made from wood it was a cuboid with rings and wooden holding sticks running along the bottom through the rings and on top ... this is the best bit ... was Isis depicted closely like this image:

i.e. with one wing outstretched and one across the body.

Since becoming interested in the Ark I have been trying to find this "replica" but with no success.

Cheers

[edit on 26-6-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
attempting to watch the news now, it should be announced in 15mins.

Except just now my reception has cut out on every channel except 9 =/ (australia)

Which means the only thing i can possibly see on tv right now is 2 & a half men lol

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Nothing will come of this...like usual...although i would welcome such news...will confirm a lot about our history...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
At least here on ATS this is a top news story, I turn on the news this morning hoping to hear any news about a possible unavailing. Every channel from Fox News to CNN to MSNBC is about Micheal Jackson, I can't say I'm really surprised just a little disgusted.

Goes to show how shallow and manipulated the MSM is.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Any news ? I am waiting with baited breath. Its late here but still no news?

****2nd line****

Edit: Not sure if this has been posted but I found this on YT thought it may give a little bit more information on the subject.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I did some digging about to see if this was reported earlier at any point.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The telegraph published an article in 2008 about this.

If this was the real deal I think it would be on the MSM.

edit to add: I wonder how long before the wolves come to this thread?

The location does seem to be correct though.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yeah I cannot find any information.

I believe that this is being "unveiled" or announced at 2pm in Italy which I believe is 1pm here in the UK. So over an hour gone and I can find nothing

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chowyoungfat

Which means the only thing i can possibly see on tv right now is 2 & a half men lol

I'm so sorry to hear that, I watched it once. Once!

Originally posted by Mudman21

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?

www.wnd.com

The patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia says he will announce to the world Friday the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant, perhaps the world's most prized archaeological and spiritual artifact, which he says has been hidden away in a church in his country for millennia, according to the Italian news agency Adnkronos.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Just on the site: Adnkronos site
www.adnkronos

...and it could be me, but I cant seem to find any mention of it through their search engine. Anyone else want to have a look?

[edit on 26/6/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hey,

It can be found here but it is not in English. On the BTS post that I linked to on an earlier page the poster provides translation.

Still no news, maybe this was all just BS.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ignore my previous post, its under the Italian section of the site, which is odd, especially when it should world wide news.
3 major religions of the world, Christian, Jewish and Muslim all hold the Arc as significant in their theology, but only one news site in Italy is interested!

Italian translation through Babel Fish

Yes, found it as well, just was reading through then posted it, thanks george_gaz

[edit on 26/6/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am betting it is nothing special, probably a replica or maybe the real thing, but with no special powers or ten commandments inside. IMHO though...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Any word on this? Figured, even with MJ's death, that this would fetch some prime airtime.

Article I read said 8 a.m. Eastern which was nearly 1-1/2 hours ago.

Yet another false flag?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Yes, my avatar is a pic of a mudman from the Asaro villiage in Papua New Guinea. Their story is very interesting! Link

[on topic] Has anyone caught any news on the unveiling! I can't seem to find anything on this! I am starting to lose hope that this is happening!

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Mudman21]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is rediculous....... This should have WAY more attention than it has. Something is telling me that it's not going to happen... I would like to hear ANY amount of information on this, as do millions that know about it..... but it seems to me it starting to be like the "full disclosure of aliens" thing... They talk till they are blue in the face about it and then it just dies off....

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I cant get on Nazret.com

Server too busy. The request cannot be processed at this time. Please check back shortly

Has it just been unveiled?

news.google.co.uk...< br />
[edit on 26-6-2009 by Haydn_17]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The article talks about it being done at a press confrence today in Rome. Any idea if the conference even happened?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I don't see any reputable news source for this. I don't see any reference to a conference happening in Rome.

Sounds like someone wanted a little undeserved attention (not the OP).

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
As soon as I saw the words 'Vatican' and 'Pope' in the article I knew it wasn't going to be revealed. It is not in their interest for folks to return to a truer and simpler faith as it would take power away from them.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by cyberheater]

[edit on 26-6-2009 by cyberheater]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Found another website saying that the ark will be put in a museum, ...

Ethiopian Orthodox leader says he will unveil the Ark of the Covenant - Catholic Culture.org

Patriarch Abuna Paulos, the leader of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, has announced plans to reveal the Ark of the Covenant. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church has traditionally claimed possession of the Ark, but kept it securely hidden. Now the Ethiopian patriarch says that it will be placed on display in a museum in the city of Axum.

But, alas, it also says the source of this info is, ...

Source(s): these links will take you to other sites, in a new window.

* Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled? (WorldNet Daily)

Yeah, they ALWAYS get the "Big Scoops"!

[edit on 6/26/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia says he will announce to the world Friday the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant

It's Friday....

Any word yet?

I've looked nothing on the wire yet.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join