It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

In the text Moses is physically moved into a cleft of rock and covered by the Hand of Hashem, while the Divine Glory passes. After the Divine Glory passes by the Hand is lifted and Moses sees a remnant.

The whole thing would have probably been terrifying considering the description of G-d's Glory earlier in Exodus as a massive devouring fire, lighting, and thunder within black clouds of darkness. Moses saw the remnant or aftermath of the passing.

It really doesn't strike me as alien, unless one means alien in the sense of some face melting cosmic horror from H.P. Lovecraft.

[edit on 26/6/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think the arc is alien in origin, the bible says when people looked inside they died, and had horrible accounts of mutation.

I think the alien filled it with a crap load of radiation.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
New to ATS, hope I am doing this correctly.

According to israelnationalnews.com they did not say it would be revealed at 2p.m. they said a full anouncement would be made then.

"Paulous said he would make the full announcement this Friday, June 26, 2 PM local time (3 PM Israel time, 8 AM New York time) at a press conference in Rome."

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hello all,

I believe that this has already been posted or at least a "prelude" to this has already been posted here, however, it appears to have been moved to BTS, not sure why.

Either way, I am happy for this to have as much coverage as possible. I love the notion of the ark ever since reading Hancock's Sign and the Seal.

The ark is a fantastic story even now with the many legends of its location.

I do not believe that Ethiopia has the real ark of the covenant in Axum but with all of this anticipation building they must have something.

I will definitely keep my eye on this.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz
[more)
Maybe the Ark was taken to roslynn scotlnd and buried beneth Roslyn Chapel?
The floor plan for Roslyn Cahpel and King Herods Temple are exact after all.
The Sinclairs of Roslyn took 4 years to dig the foundations as an absolute replica of the catacomb remains beneath the 'Dome of the rock' also.
Is it not possible the Ark may be there

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

The ark of the covenant is in Ethiopia as far as I am aware, that is the part that makes me wonder about the story.

This has not went mainstream which makes me think its not happening.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Without sounding nasty but did Jacko have to snuff it today because that is going to overshadow this Ark news

Kris, I have looked into the theory that you suggest but more along the lines of the Holy Grail having gone to Roslyn. I agree that the floor plan is a match of the temple especially with the West wall having been built as a "ruined" wall on purpose and has no structural advantage to the building (Hiram Key - Second Messiah).

I am very eager to learn what the Ethiopians will unveil. I believe that they genuinely believe that they have the Ark but based upon the reports of the thousands of replicas that can be found in most churches in Ethiopia I am skeptical as to whether they have exactly what was described in the bible.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

What really stands out is the statement: "Muslim scholars say it will be found near the end of times by the Mahdi – a messianic figure in Islam." Many believe that the "Mahdi" = "The Great Deceiver" a/k/a "The AntiChrist", who, according to biblical prophecy, will also falsely usher in a time of peace and prosperity (and a world government system). I PRAY FOR GOD'S MERCY AND ENLIGHTENMENT SO THAT WE ARE NOT DECEIVED!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Hi geoge!
As you would know ( from your study of Sign & seal), Ethiopia has many Arks, displayed and paraded at Timkot.
Although these 'Tabots' are many; no one is realy sure if these objects are replica of the Ark or the stone tablets of the Law (Commandments).
Who knows if the Ark were not whisked away in some long gone event and hidden; all these replicas may be a colossal 'Throw-off"!!!?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

I heard that this is not the real thing. That this os some sort of cover, there really is a conspiracy on this.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Hey,

Yes I read it a while ago, I think I will pick it up again once I am finished reading the ATS book

I do recall them saying that the replicas were "tablets" and I think that during a time of civil strife and corruption in Ethiopia maybe these "replicas" were used to prevent the government or rebel armies knowing where the true Ark was because if they got that power ... in the wrong hands ...

That is to speculate however that the true Ark was moved around church to church whereas it is commonly stated that it stayed in Axum for centuries.

Really looking forward to this though ... just waiting for 2pm (Italian time) come on come on come on hurry up time come on!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Actually, a quick question to people ...

What do you WANT to see?

I want this to be the true ark, acacia wood and gold with the cherubs atop. I want it to have the phenomenal power spoken of in the bible (as I believe that the knowledge to build this came from Egypt) to highlight that the Egyptians really did have tremendous power at their disposal.

That would be sweet but I fear hat I am just dreaming

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
If it really existed in a place like Ethiopia do you really think there's any chance that it wouldn't have been snatched by now by some power with high tech gadgets / soldiers and be sitting in a warehouse full of crates somewhere (or being auctioned off to the highest bidder).

It makes me chuckle the way whenever the ark is mentioned these days someone brings up the face melting
. Just remember to keep your eyes shut!

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Nova]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
Actually, a quick question to people ...

What do you WANT to see?

I want this to be the true ark, acacia wood and gold with the cherubs atop. I want it to have the phenomenal power spoken of in the bible (as I believe that the knowledge to build this came from Egypt) to highlight that the Egyptians really did have tremendous power at their disposal.

That would be sweet but I fear hat I am just dreaming

I want to see this as well, but this is ONLY the Ark
The problem is its a locked cookie jar. You only see the jar but not what cookies are inside.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I think somethings are best left alone! At any rate do you trust liars to present the truth?
Its like the old story of the Boy Whom Cried Wolf.
Even if they did tell the truth at this point would anyone (except their brainwashed minions) Believe it?
It may be another stab at Catholics proclaiming realization of holy relics.....remember the 'Veronica' and the 'Shroud of Turin'

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
If the ritual tabots used in Ethiopian churches are modelled on the one in St Mary of Sion in Axum, then I would imagine that the one there would be a simple cuboid (i.e. no cherubs, no poles, no stucky-out ornamentation). If it is the original one, presumably then it's just the acacia wood inner box and the gold has all long since gone.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by d60944

How could these tabots be replicas of the original design. this is clearly given in Exodus; and states that there are indeed Cherubs on top.
Now if you are saying that this is not the original design- I would probably say that I think your theory is indeed plausible!
I think Moses robbed many ideas from the Pharaoh whom was silly enough to cloth, feed and educate this ungreatful turn-coat (Moses).

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by d60944

How could these tabots be replicas of the original design. this is clearly given in Exodus; and states that there are indeed Cherubs on top.

Because Exodus 25 describes the Ark specifically as starting as an interior box of wood, then this was covered with gold casings and all the ornamentations.

If you can cover the wood with gold and cherubs and rings and so forth, then you could also remove these. Don't ask me who, when and why though. That is what I would expect to see, otherwise the ritual tabots don't make a great deal of sesne to me. I mean that if the ritual tabots are indeed replicas of whatever is in the church in Axum (and why should they not be?), that therefore that if the Axum artifcat is the original Ark then is must no lonmger have all those golden protruberances.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by d60944]

[edit on 26-6-2009 by d60944]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by d60944

Good point d6....never thought of it that way!
Although I wonder who had the power/authority to touch or modify it. Apparently it wasted anyone who got near it, let alone touched it.
I remember seeing a photographic plate of an ornamental chest from Tutankhamens tombs; listed as an Ark!
I do often wonder if the design was stolen, our did one particular Ark have an unusual power source?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It doesnt matter how good it looks, if they dont open it for the public it will be just another hoax imo.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join