It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God an Alien?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If there is a god I think he or it needs to rethink "free-will"

That little bugger(free-will) is whats screwing it all up and has been thoroughly worn out by followers of this god which turns out to be apologists for god. Free Will is an excuse for a god to do nothing and at this point in time, we need intervention. Kinda like when you have a family member suffering from alcoholism and drugs, you intervene to save them from certain destruction.

Why doesnt this god intervene? Oh yeah thats right, free-will
forgot

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
Preest are you able to translate any relatively aged text?

What do you think the definition of elohim is? Jehovah was an ancient astronaut IMO.

Hey, Preest could you give me a link to the more accepted scientific translations of these text or heiroglyphs? well hell i guess i could do a google.

Can I translate any relatively aged text? Absolutely not! Which is why I in turn asked RedHerring if he was able to translate ancient Sumerian cuneiform. I know for a fact neither of us can. He can copy and paste all the comparisons he wants but ultimately I choose to stand by proven, solid, researched translations by true archaeologists and experts in Sumerian. RedHerring chooses to stand by mystical links by esoteric fringe speakers/thinkers and their loose "translations". Sitchin is an undoubtedly intelligent man but it's far from intelligent when you take what's nothing more than creation myth and blow it up and expand it to fit the UFO communities ideas of alien creators.

I try not to read too deeply into the translations of ancient texts because many of them are nothing more than myth and creation stories which is what all cultures and civilizations have had. Every single creation story by every single culture could be "translated" to mean aliens and genetic altering...but who would be the ones translating them that way?

As for the meaning of Elohim...
www.netwaysglobal.com...

www.revelations.org.za...

www.irr.org...

lists.ibiblio.org...

I'm not saying RedHerrings theory isn't interesting and exciting, especially to those who believe in UFO/OIL but realistically it's very inaccurate and the translations are being twisted to fit his modern ideas of "aliens". These texts were detailing nothing more than Sumerian creation myth and culture. Not genetic altering.
Feel free to look over a bit more scientific data than RedHerring posted and remember...not all scientists are out to "cover up":

early-cuneiform.humnet.ucla.edu...

www.eee.bham.ac.uk...

www.jhu.edu...

chnm.gmu.edu...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The simple truth is that early archaeologists in the mid east were sent to confirm the bible, it was a mandate.
Funding was dependent upon it, hardly objective.
It is impossible for early linguist to translate words that had no modern equivalent. In the 1800's-early 1900's
Rockets and space travel had no concept beyond fiction or myth; the same was true of genetic engineering. Etc, etc, etc.
The process of transliteration involves an equivalent term in the final languages, if it is not there an error or mis-interpretation occurred. This is what happened over and over.
The textual translations of early scholars are biased and often incorrect, they lacked the vocabulary to understand the subject matter, it really is that simple.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedHerring
The simple truth is that early archaeologists in the mid east were sent to confirm the bible, it was a mandate.
Funding was dependent upon it, hardly objective.
It is impossible for early linguist to translate words that had no modern equivalent. In the 1800's-early 1900's
Rockets and space travel had no concept beyond fiction or myth; the same was true of genetic engineering. Etc, etc, etc.
The process of transliteration involves an equivalent term in the final languages, if it is not there an error or mis-interpretation occurred. This is what happened over and over.
The textual translations of early scholars are biased and often incorrect, they lacked the vocabulary to understand the subject matter, it really is that simple.
I see...so...you aren't able to translate cuneiform or ancient Sumerian texts? You're simply going against scientific staus quo and the archaeological establishment in favor of men who aren't even qualified to transliterate let alone translate?

Is it more likely that these Sumerian texts were translated incorrectly or that they were translated correctly and there are people out there wholey unqualified in this type of research interpreting these translations to fit into their theories? With enough time and imagination I can weave the beginnings of vampires into the Sumerian texts and there's no way of proving my theory is any more correct or incorrect than yours? The only thing that has been proven is the translations and the basic fact that they're nothing more than creation myths...what others read into them can't be proven no matter how much of Sitchins work you have stored on your harddrive.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
the origin of mankind is a very compelling, interesting, and exciting topic, and it is good to look at it from all sides or possibilities. i personally believe that the ancient text are quite a bit more than just myths; i am sure that they are not any where close to 100% accurate historical fact but do actually contain the only clues to our origin that we have. the enuma elish and other ancient text if traslated as close to literally as possible probably are a lot more closer to the truth about origin or history, or atleast the history of the time they were written in. if they are as politically motivated as the bible was, maybe not.

just out of curiosity do you, Preest, believe in darwin's theory of evolution.

[Edited on 5/7/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I already told you I am familiar with proto Sumer-akkadian cuneiform and babaylonian, what is it you want translated?
Please excuse the message if I am not understanding,
English is not my native language

Your last post failed to address the content of my quoted post at all. why?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Red Herring, i was looking in one of my bible enyclopedias for jehovah and then i saw Jehovah-Jireh, Jehovah-nissi, Jehovah- shalom, and a couple others and it says that these are the names given to alters. my original question
was do think that these sacrifices where eaten by these ancient astronauts?

i also want to know what you think about the story where jehovah comes out of the sky in a ball of fire and some loud crashing noises. i can't find the verse you probably know it? my impression was that jehovah crashed his spaceship on the mountain, was mad, came down and started ordering the people around.

and they were not to use his name in vain. this sounds a little weird to me. why if you where a spiritual loving being would you want to enforce such strict rules and force your creations to serve you up the best calf or lamb? but it really sort of makes more sense if we were created to be slaves.

[Edited on 5/7/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
the texts concerning dietary requirements of the annunaki, that I am familar with state that they ate special foods known to themselves, but also fruit and grain products, vegetarians if you will.
I don't think they ate blood sacrifices.

The crash you are referring to is unknown to me.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You know what's weird?

I heard somewhere that there was an archaeologist from Hungary who actually matched ancient Hungarian writing with Cuniform/Sumerian text.

Now, it is well-known that Hungarian is not descended from any known language... what could this mean?

As many people believe that Hebrew/Aramaic descended from the Sumerian language, this is quite puzzling.

I heard this a while back and was amazed when it was confirmed by a few Jewish professors too... just a thought.

To add:

Some interesting research is here:
www.acronet.net...

I bring this up because I'm interested in knowing what affects this may have on understanding the validity of the texts by understanding the background.

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by Hawk]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
just out of curiosity do you, Preest, believe in darwin's theory of evolution.
No I'm not an evolutionist, Darwin himself wasn't completely convinced of this theory. Nor do I believe that ancient Sumerian texts are being translated wrong by archaeologists but being successfully translated by proponents of mans alien origins. Nor do I believe the scientific community is "out to cheat us" of our alien origins. These texts are being translated and transliterated correctly and from there alien origin proponents are "reading into" these texts to mean what they want and essentially taking away from these ancient people and their civilization. To claim that they weren't privy to what an alien looked like so they must be talking about aliens is just silly. They were simply writing down their creation myths as the Jews did...as the Native Americans did...as the East Indians did...as the Pacific Islanders did.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So Preest, do you believe in a God of some sorts?A creator perhaps?If so, who is "God" to you?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhova
So Preest, do you believe in a God of some sorts?A creator perhaps?If so, who is "God" to you?
This thread has nothing to do with "believing" in God or Gods. Please stick to the topic. If you'd like an answer to your question please post in the Religion forum and I'd be happy to stop through.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedHerring
I am familiar with proto Sumer-akkadian cuneiform and babaylonian, what is it you want translated?
I'm not familiar with it but the guy who gave it to me is. Feel free to throw down on the translation.

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I will post that for you soon

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Is God an alien? Give me a break! God is God! He is the creator!. Is He a n alien - NO - He is God! What is so hard about believing in God vs. believing in an alien? Folks, spend some time off the boards - go to CHURCH! Hear something that is real!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Alright, lets get this straight "Iam God"lolololololololol

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

"Oh no They know we created them now...... well lets go ahead with operation doomsday" lololololololololooloololololol

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
Alright, lets get this straight "Iam God"lolololololololol

well warhappy, good luck.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
it was a pic of the tallest from Invader zim!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join