It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the BNP Nazis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The rise of this party in England really scares me. I hope they do not get bigger.

Their ideology is totally racist. Are they Neo-Nazis?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
In what way is their ideology racist?

Just interested - I looked at their site for the first time as a result of your post and couldn't reference racism?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
from wikipedia, sourced:

Ideology British nationalism
Euroscepticism
Fascism[1][2][3][4][5]
Right-wing populism[6][7][8]
Third Position
White nationalism[9][10][11]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Oh read this:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
And wikipedia is a source of infallible wisdom?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Why does the rise scare you? It's the old story of extremes giving rise to extremes.

And you live in the UK?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The rise doesn't scare me at all...

In 15 yrs another extreme (perhaps more liberal) will replace them...

For me it's just part of an ideological/political cycle. This is a reaction and change for change sake.

What they do seem to be good at is making a strong and simple message. Something the Westboro Baptist Church also excels at.

However, what does make me uncomfortable is when people on both sides of the coin show gullibility through believing the simple pamphleteering of the BNP and also those who automatically jump on the BNP=Fascist bandwagon without really thinking about it.

The BNP are riding a trend. Trends end. They wont get into any form of powerful government.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
i wouldnt call the nazi's as such..

their more biggots who , to the core are recist.

not all bnp members are racist though, but all their mp's and representatives are rotten to the core though.

ive never heard them being anti semetic , if i heard them coming out with that then id believe they were nazi's, they are more like that old dude who sits at the back of the pub every night, sipping pints and hating everyone thats not the same as him.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ach yes mein Führer,

Europe shall not go fascist a second time. That would be just impossible. These people are just right-wing populists who will ride their populist wave and go away.

This has happened before. In my country the party most similar to BNP was popular some decades ago, disappeared almost completely for twenty years, and now came back with a whopping 10% of the vote!

But fortunately these people are only good at flapping their mouths and hating everybody else, they have no original ideas and they cannot do anything to the things they are talking about... So they will go away a second time. And maybe reappear around 2040 or so...

And they are so full of hatred against everybody who isn't like them it is already making them seem stupid. They have no real agenda except hatred, only fools would vote for them in the long run.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Etsivä Romppainen]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
[edit on 25-6-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The BNP are the shiny face of fascism...the suit-wearing racist. They aren't right-wing populists 'riding a trend.' They've been around for 25 years and didn't just appear from nowhere. Look at their family tree...'Blood & Honour,' and The National Front are the parents of the BNP.

Who are the National Front? They're a far-right organization of white supremacists that started in the late-60s in response to the influx of West Indians and Pakistanis in Britain. They are notorious for organized violence against gypsies, gays and non-whites. They have a fairly large following where I live. The National Front have had members convicted for racist and homophobic murders. Their salute is the Nazi salute.

The BNP formed from a splinter group of NF members and share the same values whilst trying to distance themselves from the overt violence of NF. They're the respectable face of race hatred and white supremacy. Nick Griffin (try you tube) presents a mild non-confrontational idea of repatriation for non-whites. In his unguarded moments, he's been filmed using the Nazi salute and promising to kick ''n-word's and pakis' out of England.

Out of the BNP we have Combat 18 the 18 is A&H in the alphabet...Adolf Hitler's initials. They're like the para-military wing of the NF and BNP. They have groups in all the white countries of Europe.

I'm not linking any of the NF, C18 or BNP You Tube vids, but they're out there if people want to look. The BNP are offering some appealing policies to white working class Brits. The thing is...if they ever gain any power the shining face and the suits will be seen as just 'window dressing.' Is there any such thing as 'acceptable fascism?' Given the opportunity they'll be throwing s*** and bricks through the windows of non-whites like they did in the 70s and 80s.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The BNP are the shiny face of fascism...the suit-wearing racist. They aren't right-wing populists 'riding a trend.' They've been around for 25 years and didn't just appear from nowhere. Look at their family tree...'Blood & Honour,' and The National Front are the parents of the BNP.

Who are the National Front? They're a far-right organization of white supremacists that started in the late-60s in response to the influx of West Indians and Pakistanis in Britain. They are notorious for organized violence against gypsies, gays and non-whites. They have a fairly large following where I live. The National Front have had members convicted for racist and homophobic murders. Their salute is the Nazi salute.

And the Democratic Party wasn't always so fond of "African-Americans" as it is now - to put it very lightly.

Go back far enough in "any" Western democratic party's past, and you're sure to find a few unsightly skeletons in the closet (If the predecessors of the Labour and Conservative Party were so "enlightened", one wonders why the U.K. was involved in the trans-Atlantic slave trade and empire-building...)

They're the respectable face of race hatred and white supremacy.

Actually, they mostly want to preserve the indigenous white population, culture and religion of the U.K.:
The only reason they are slandered as "race-haters" and "white-supremacists" is because:
1. They are advancing the interests of the "indigenous population" (Hey, just like the "Society of Black Lawyers"!
2. The majority of immigrants to the U.K. are not "of European descent"

Nick Griffin (try you tube) presents a mild non-confrontational idea of repatriation for non-whites. In his unguarded moments, he's been filmed using the Nazi salute and promising to kick ''n-word's and pakis' out of England.

You mean...you don't like the Thai method of dealing with asylum seekers?!?!

Out of the BNP we have Combat 18 the 18 is A&H in the alphabet...Adolf Hitler's initials. They're like the para-military wing of the NF and BNP. They have groups in all the white countries of Europe.

Unfortunately, I cannot link to the "BNP"'s site to support my claims, but - in regards to the recent attacks on Roma immigrants in Ireland - Nick Griffin denounced both the attacks and Combat 18 (who aren't that fond of the BNP either).

I'm not linking any of the NF, C18 or BNP You Tube vids, but they're out there if people want to look. The BNP are offering some appealing policies to white working class Brits. The thing is...if they ever gain any power the shining face and the suits will be seen as just 'window dressing.' Is there any such thing as 'acceptable fascism?'

Yeah, darn those evil facists preventing the rise of political parties they disagree with!

Given the opportunity they'll be throwing s*** and bricks through the windows of non-whites like they did in the 70s and 80s.

Yeah! Leave [i[that to the experts - "anarchists" and benefits-lusting illegal immigrants!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

The OP question is 'Are the BNP nazis?' I suggest the answer is (generally) yes. Nick Griffin can publically decry the activities of Combat 18 and the NF until he's blue in the face. They all support ideas of repatriation for non-whites...

England has had black, far Eastern and Asian families living here for hundreds of years. Where do they get repatriated to?

If some families opt to be 'repatriated' what happens to those that choose to stay?

What happens to mixed race families?

What happens to the people that are friends and extended family of non-whites?

A national policy of repatriation can't exist without being enforced. It could only lead to violence and forcible repatriation. It supports racism and prejudice and would only give license to the activities of C18 and NF.

Your post makes some interesting points without addressing the likely outcome of these policies. Sure, no nation has a clean history of race relations. Yes, other countries treat immigrants worse than Britain does. Yes again, US political parties have a documented history of supporting racial policies. I'm also well aware of the Triangular Trade and it's importance in building the foundations of both British and US political and economic power.

The thing is...can any of these facts be used to support modern mistreatment of non-whites? Immigration is a world-wide issue that shouldn't be dealt with by left or right wing extremists.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

The OP question is 'Are the BNP nazis?' I suggest the answer is (generally) yes. Nick Griffin can publically decry the activities of Combat 18 and the NF until he's blue in the face. They all support ideas of repatriation for non-whites...

Do you honestly believe that any other nation seeing their indigenous population become "a minority" in its own cities in almost 20 years wouldn't?

England has had black, far Eastern and Asian families living here for hundreds of years. Where do they get repatriated to?

I highly doubt that they comprised almost 20% of the population of the United Kingdom (England especially)at any point before the '60's as they do now

If some families opt to be 'repatriated' what happens to those that choose to stay?

Financial inducement? I mean, wasn't that the whole darn idea about "guestworkers" in the first place?

A national policy of repatriation can't exist without being enforced.

Like the U.K.'s "immigration policy"?

It could only lead to violence and forcible repatriation.

"Violence" eh? So...who's the "South African National Party"?

It supports racism and prejudice and would only give license to the activities of C18 and NF.

I repeat: It's called the British, not White, National Party for a reason.

Your post makes some interesting points without addressing the likely outcome of these policies.

And what are the ethnic, environmental, and economic benefits of previous, current, and future mass-migration to the U.K.?

Yes again, US political parties have a documented history of supporting racial policies.

Exactly - so if such currently "minority"-pandering parties as the United States Democrats can have their origins in Southern racism, segregation etc does that render the "NF-BNP" connection moot?

The thing is...can any of these facts be used to support modern mistreatment of non-whites?

And is the reduction of "indigenous white Britons" to a minority in their own lands an acceptable cost for the spurious "advantages" and "diversity" immigration to the U.K. brings?
Are the previous fifty or so years of the U.S.' economic, military, political etc dominance good enough cause to support the marginalisation of Native Americans to around 1% of the continental U.S. population?

Immigration is a world-wide issue that shouldn't be dealt with by left or right wing extremists.

When neither of the "main" political parties are willing to tackle such an issue, it is only inevitable that someone else will fill the void.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Howdy again. I'll be clear..I am an 'indigenous white Briton.' The OP asked are the BNP nazis? I'd say yes. I identify them as representing a thin edge of the wedge. They present a shiny face of caring repatriation. As I've pointed out..it's impractical and would lead to violence. You can't 'repatriate' a non-white individual or family to a country their ancestors left some hundreds of years ago. What happens to them? Have you really thought the ideas through?

Your reference to Native Americans is ironic surely? 380 million Americans would be 'repatriated' to where they came from in the past 400 years. S Americans returned to Spain and Portugal? Black families returned to Africa. Chinese back to China. Spain would be glad to see the back of the several hundred thousand Brits that have segregated the southern coastline and islands
Last year IIRC 700 000 Brits emigrated...

Immigration is a problem for most countries in the world. It's not a color issue. It's a political and economic issue that won't be helped by evicting people from whatever country. I'm not in favor of unlimited immigration.

When neither of the "main" political parties are willing to tackle such an issue, it is only inevitable that someone else will fill the void.

At least we can agree on something
Hitler's rise was predicated on the economics of the Weimar Republic. When people have little or nothing, they become willing to accept extremists. The UK political parties are effectively 'spit-roasting' the population so the BNP looks attractive to some because the others aren't trusted. The repatriation argument is simplistic and appeals to many simplistic people.

The real issues of immigration are far deeper than repatriation. The real motives of BNP and similar organizations also run deeper than people see.

new topics

top topics

join