It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A history of US backed foreign coup d'états and operation TP-AJAX (IRAN)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Do not simply believe anything in this post - always check for yourself.
Treat the stories and quotes as pointers to find out more.
Learn to think for yourself and check all information.

(thanks to audas for pointing out this video in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Since 1945, the USA has been responsible either directly or indirectly of helping remove dozens of governments, many democratically elected, around the world. Sometimes the events are kept secret for years and only slowly come out. Other times, the events are the cause of demonstrations, anger and resentment at the time they occur.

Whenever, an event like this occurs there are two reasons to be considered.

• Reason 1: The reason given by the USA, its media and its friends around the world. Reasons like Communism, Terrorism, Human Rights, Freedom, Liberation, Weapons of Mass Destruction, etc.
  • Reason 2: The actual reason. This is usually hidden from the general public and has to be looked for in quotes by under-reported officials or subsequent events on the ground. Often, the victims of the change of government know the real reasons better than the populations of the Western countries. Real reasons are many but usually include Business Interests, Access to Resources, Markets, Military Bases, Strategic Value, or Political Support.

In the list below only successful changes of government are listed. Many attempts have failed. Cuba is the best example of this.

• Year :-: Country :-: Reason Given :-: Actual Reason
  • 1949 :-: Syria :-: Communism :-: Elected government against USA political interests and pro-Palestinian.
  • 1949 :-: Greece :-: Communism :-: Elected government against USA political and economic interests.
  • 1952 :-: Cuba :-: None :-: Elected government against USA business interests.
  • 1953 :-: Iran :-: None :-: Elected government against USA oil interests.
  • 1953 :-: British Guyana :-: None :-: Access to sugar and bauxite.
  • 1954 :-: Guatemala :-: Communism :-: Elected government against USA business interests.
  • 1955 :-: South Vietnam :-: Communism :-: French backed leader replaced by USA backed leader.
  • 1957 :-: Haiti :-: Haiti is near the USA :-: Previous government against USA business interests.
  • 1958 :-: Laos :-: None :-: Pro-USA government wanted.
  • 1959 :-: Laos :-: None :-: Pro-USA government wanted.
  • 1960 :-: South Korea :-: Communism :-: Previous leader not strong enough for USA.
  • 1960 :-: Laos :-: None :-: Pro-USA government wanted.
  • 1960 :-: Ecuador :-: Communism :-: Previous government too independent in foreign policy.
  • 1963 :-: Dominican Republic :-: Business Interests :-: Elected government against USA business interests.
  • 1963 :-: South Vietnam :-: None :-: Previous leader's policies led to televised suicides.
  • 1963 :-: Honduras :-: Communism :-: Pro-USA government and access to resources.
  • 1963 :-: Guatemala :-: Communism :-: Military government was about to allow elections.
  • 1963 :-: Ecuador :-: None :-: Elected government too independent.
  • 1964 :-: Brazil :-: Communism :-: Access to resources and cheap labour.
  • 1964 :-: Bolivia :-: Communism :-: Previous government too independent in foreign policy.
  • 1965 :-: Zaire :-: None :-: Access to cobalt, copper and diamonds.
  • 1966 :-: Ghana :-: None :-: Previous government too independent in foreign policy.
  • 1967 :-: Greece :-: None :-: Military bases.
  • 1970 :-: Cambodia :-: None :-: Previous king against USA political interests.
  • 1970 :-: Bolivia :-: None :-: Country took ownership of its oil and tin.
  • 1972 :-: El Salvador :-: Communism :-: Elected leader against USA business interests.
  • 1973 :-: Chile :-: Communism :-: Elected government against USA business interests.
  • 1975 :-: Australia :-: None :-: Elected government had unsuitable foreign policy.
  • 1979 :-: South Korea :-: None :-: Pro-USA government wanted.
  • 1980 :-: Liberia :-: Democracy :-: Pro-USA government wanted.
  • 1982 :-: Chad :-: None :-: Pro-USA government wanted.
  • 1983 :-: Grenada :-: Democracy :-: Pro-USA government wanted.
  • 1987 :-: Fiji :-: Democracy :-: Previous elected government supported nuclear-free Pacific.
    2002 :-: Venezuela :-: None :-: Disagreed with foreign policy of elected government.
    2004 :-: Haiti :-: Fraudulent elections :-: Disagreed with economic policy of elected government.

www.krysstal.com...

A History Of CIA Coups And Atrocities

CIA operations follow the same recurring script. First, American business interests abroad are threatened by a popular or democratically elected leader. The people support their leader because he intends to conduct land reform, strengthen unions, redistribute wealth, nationalize foreign-owned industry, and regulate business to protect workers, consumers and the environment. So, on behalf of American business, and often with their help, the CIA mobilizes the opposition. First it identifies right-wing groups within the country (usually the military), and offers them a deal: “We’ll put you in power if you maintain a favorable business climate for us.” The Agency then hires, trains and works with them to overthrow the existing government (usually a democracy). It uses every trick in the book: propaganda, stuffed ballot boxes, purchased elections, extortion, blackmail, sexual intrigue, false stories about opponents in the local media, infiltration and disruption of opposing political parties, kidnapping, beating, torture, intimidation, economic sabotage, death squads and even assassination. These efforts culminate in a military coup, which installs a right-wing dictator. The CIA trains the dictator’s security apparatus to crack down on the traditional enemies of big business, using interrogation, torture and murder. The victims are said to be “communists,” but almost always they are just peasants, liberals, moderates, labor union leaders, political opponents and advocates of free speech and democracy. Widespread human rights abuses follow.

pakalert.wordpress.com...

The Secret CIA History of the Iran Coup of 1953

The CIA history of operation TPAJAX excerpted below was first disclosed by James Risen of The New York Times in its editions of April 16 and June 18, 2000, and posted in this form on its website at:

www.nytimes.com...

This extremely important document is one of the last major pieces of the puzzle explaining American and British roles in the August 1953 coup against Iranian Premier Mohammad Mossadeq. Written in March 1954 by Donald Wilber, one of the operation’s chief planners, the 200-page document is essentially an after-action report, apparently based in part on agency cable traffic and Wilber’s interviews with agents who had been on the ground in Iran as the operation lurched to its conclusion.

www.gwu.edu...

A more recent example is Iraq, when the western governments let it be known publicly what they were doing.
British spies in Iraq to incite revolt

British and American agents are on the ground in Iraq fomenting revolt among opposition groups and potential traitors in Saddam Hussein's inner circle as part of a covert campaign to topple him, senior officials disclosed last night.

The admission, on the eve of a conference of Iraqi opposition figures in London, is powerful evidence of a renewed determination in Washington and London to overthrow the Iraqi dictator.
Although the officials conceded that the CIA and MI6 operations were unlikely to succeed without direct military action, a senior source in the Bush administration said that the world should not be misled by the lack of overt military activity.

"American personnel are supporting the Iraqi opposition and working with dissatisfied elements within Saddam's regime, even though he has killed quite a few of these people. Britain is involved too," the official told The Telegraph.

"We could wake up one morning and find regime change in Baghdad has happened completely unexpectedly. It would be hard to do but it's not impossible."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

So what can we learn from all of this?

• We learn that the MSM and internet are tools to propagate agendas
  • That the US has been at this game for a long long time
  • And lastly that you really need to read between the lines and have your thinking cap on when it comes to such things as Iran, Iraq or any other nation that get's painted in a negative light by any administration

Former CIA Spy Speaks Out

CBS News' Kimberly Dozier speaks with Robert Baer, who recounts his unique experiences as a CIA operative and discusses the future state of diplomacy between the U.S. and Iran.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
With the amount of rocking threads you are puting out at the moment warrenb I am beginning to mistake you for a person with an agenda.

Warrenb info agent

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I'm fighting the disinfo being spewed about Iran

I am not denying or in no way support the Iranian regime, however the tactics being employed by the "shadow people" are so blatantly obvious that it's almost like a joke. Almost like they don't care that it is obvious what they are doing. Like it's some sort of joke and they can flaunt their uber powers.

And if you agree that this whole thing is a charade please s/f

much obliged

[edit on 25-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

hell , i agree with you , that john124 seems to be a propaganda agent

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Right on the mark! S&F.

The CIA has its grubby fingers in more places than one can imagine.

In one of it more embarrassing black ops, CIA agent Michael Meiring accidentally blew his own legs off while constructing a bomb in a Philippine hotel room in 2002. It was apparently to be used to stage a terror attack and blame put on Al Queda. Sounds familiar? The aim was to forge a closer US/Philippine military alliance. He was acting as agent provocateur.

Based on that, can one really ruled out CIA hand in the Bali bombing? While the Bali bombers admitted their involvement as far as the suicide bombing is concerned, they were as perplexed at the intensity of the second explosion. It was much bigger than they had expected. Similar agent provocateurs could have been involved.

Further more, US and British authorities were tipped off in advance accounting for fewer US and British deaths. The aim, then, was to inflict maximum Australian casualties and sway Australian public opinion to support the illegal Irag invasion.

Lives lost are just mere statistics when it comes to fighting for "the greater good".

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98
reply to post by warrenb

oh no you've caught me

My reptilian Israeli overlords will have me for breakfast!

Anyway a more light-hearted approach to ats is better.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

reply to post by warrenb

oh no you've caught me

hey , twitter , still tweeting , huh .??

call me when you provide evidence for your lies . by the way use Al Jazeera or RT or the Hindu on this issue , not twitter BS or western corporate propaganda

like 'tanks rolling into tehran' BS . so where are your tanks rolling into tehran'

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Kombatt98]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Please don't derail the thread. If 2 members have a qualm with each other, take it to U2U's please.

WarrenB - great info and thank you for bring this to our attention. I've thought all along that things didn't seem right in all this "news" about Iran and it's election.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

reply to post by warrenb

oh no you've caught me

hey , twitter , still tweeting , huh .??

call me when you provide evidence for your lies . by the way use Al Jazeera or RT or the Hindu on this issue , not twitter BS or western corporate propaganda

like 'tanks rolling into tehran' BS . so where are your tanks rolling into tehran'

The Farsi link provided in that thread is there, and also Forbes mentioned tanks and other heavy equipment briefly used.

To be honest I would be glad if it's wrong and tanks not used. I don't want innocent people to have to face tanks. I did say it may not even be true. You're just another case of a silly person using more straw-man tactics.

I just report the info, you can believe what you like. I could not care any less about your opinions on this matter.

You speak like you wish tanks were in Tehran killing people. You fail to see the issue is not about us, and proving unconfirmed reports, it's about the people of Iran wanting freedom. So stick your petty comments where the sun don't shine.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by john124]

[edit on 25-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Protests in Iran - really? where?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

please provide evidence for so called 'info' you post or else its pure BS , as usual spewed by you, you have given no evidence in the regard 'tanks rolling into tehran' . I demand evidence , not rumors .

You speak like you wish tanks were in Tehran killing people.

again , prove the BS you post . show where i said that i want tanks to kill people .

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hey Warren. You know the story of Georgia is very similar. Have you come across any news about this from Russia? I am begining to wonder about Russias stance on the situation in Iran, they have been very quiet and I haven't read anything about them in the news lately.

Back in August last year during the 8 day war with Georgia, the CIA was caught red handed and fled the scene leaving alll kinds of goodies and documents, including details about previous plans to attack Iran before US elections and declare martial law in US. Russia promised to make the information recieved public but probably have not done so yet because they lack resources to do so or maybe they were safeguarding it for future use. Whatever the case, it seems that the game plan has changed in light of this and I can only wonder where Russia is in all of this and when they plan to make their next move. Any thoughts?

Maybe we should be reaching out to find foreign media, such as Russia to really understand whats going on there.

Furthermore, I did notice the Revolutionary Guard but who are those other cops? If these revolutionaries are backed by the west to bring a revolution ion Iran then they are liklely not Iranian and pro-israel and who says they are tear gassing anybody, how can we know for sure if they are tear gassing or what?

All I saw was a bunch of thugs attacking civilians and kicking down doors, killing women and children and gassing houses, so who are these guys taking orders from, because they look to me more like nazi's who have no qualms with hurting innocent people.

It seems that Iran has been blocked as well as other media outlets from reporting here in the US and not the other way around. Whatever is going on over there is terrible and if the west gets their government in Iran than this is bad news for everybody on the planet.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Warren as always Great thread!

There are some here who still just don't get it. I have put together a supporting post. It explains further along what Warren has been trying to clarify.

Warren S & F

Try to have a nice day

Iranian revolt Explaned

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Edit cause I suck and replied to the wrong thread all together. Not only did i reply to the wrong one, but i crossed two threads thinking they were the same thread. basically i'm stupid.

Good list by the way, I've always read about US attempts at coups in other countries and have been outraged by them. I don't think it's currently happening in Iran, once i get my thoughts in order and can figure out which to reply to I'll list reasons why.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by WinoBot]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinoBot
Well can you show any proof that this is currently happening in Iran? I mean, at least John has evidence or somewhat evidence that can be considered plausible.

sure thing, here:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Well can you show any proof that this is currently happening in Iran? I mean, at least John has evidence or somewhat evidence that can be considered plausible.

sure thing, here:

not really sure what this is proof of. This shows that america is causing a coup in Iran? I can take a picture of an empty street and China and say 'no chinese people live in China,' but that wouldn't be true.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

not really sure what this is proof of. This shows that america is causing a coup in Iran? I can take a picture of an empty street and China and say 'no chinese people live in China,' but that wouldn't be true.

Well like you said

I mean, at least John has evidence or somewhat evidence that can be considered plausible.

Has evidence of or evidence that can be considered plausible.

just like this correct?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Well like you said

I mean, at least John has evidence or somewhat evidence that can be considered plausible.

Has evidence of or evidence that can be considered plausible.

just like this correct?

Let me rephrase, John has evidence which I would consider more plausible then your evidence. Reason being...

There are protests in Iran... I don't think anyone can dispute this fact. Though they may have dwindled in sizes they are happening.

There are videos of Iran police beating protesters with night sticks and tossing tear gas on youtube... protesters that are wearing green. I think this is pretty much accepted as fact as well.

There are videos on youtube of dead civilians suffering from gunshot wounds. errr... done suffering from gunshot wounds since they are now dead. The Iran government has yet to release a statement claiming innocence from these atrocities... instead they say the protesters are instigating and causing these to happen. That right their tells me more then likely the Iran police are shooting these people... maybe not as frequently as people think... but it is happening.

so... after all that, to hear the recording John posted I would say it can be considered highly plausible as far as truth is concerned.

You on the other hand posted a picture of Mousavi with what appears to be some gloopy stuff on it, and from their you deduce that the protests in Iran are... an American backed coup. Can you see my scepticism and why John may be offended to be labeled a Disinformation Agent.

I think we are all on the same page that people are dying and it should stop.

Edited for bad spelling!

[edit on 25-6-2009 by WinoBot]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WinoBot

mkay

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Warren thanks for the video post!
that's dead on buddy. It's surprising that more people don't really know what has been done in their name.

Americans that is.

Great post

top topics

<<   2 >>

join