It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luxury yachts offer pirate hunting cruises

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
In my daily random trawling of the net i happened upon this:

www.ananova.com...

Im not so sure about this one.... I MIGHT just deter pirates in that area, but i can't help thinking this is just a new sport for the wealthy - Human hunting... IMO it's just murder, plain and simple, even if your victims are pirates... (unless there's some fancy don't-shoost-first clause, to turn it from murder to self-defense or what-not)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I dont even know what to say. Thats so freaking sickening. Its the stuff like this that makes me wounder why were still here.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Interesting. Let's see what happens to these Safari hunters after they make their first kill. I hope that this is just a joke because many of this little pirates have RPG's. So, I wonder how well armed these yachts are??

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It's sort of like Charles Bronson waltzing through a ghetto of machine gun toting crackheads with nothing but a sock full of nickles.

Should one of these boats be attacked so be it. I can't say I'd ever pay money to be in a firefight but I guess some would.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Whaha i love it! Russian style cowboy capitalism..Reminds me of the movie "Hostel"...So they just do it in Somalian waters[not even high sea] under Russian flag, and as last line of defence they're backed by ex-spetsnaz?
Wonder how that will turn out, at least they do something about it, most western governments wont even allow marines on their civilian vessels..So it was just a matter of time before private investors plunged into it..go for it!

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Im not 100% sure how reliable Ananova is for info...

But I'd LIKE to see something happen from this.... Picture [Insert politician here] On a trip "relaxing off the coast of africa", moments before being sent to that warm place downstairs care of a little Somali's RPG-7 (incidentaly, also of RUSSIAN make!)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I like the idea. If all know what the score is then let them have at it. Wanna be maritime Rambos against Somali pirates. Whats to lose? If there were some way to televise it that would even be better.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I saw a website that had this offered on it but am pretty sure that it was just a joke.

Surely ... it is a joke ...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

the boats would be armored with composites to withstand RPG's .

hell, I don't like that idea , somalians have been forced to become prirates because of circumstances , because western corporates have turned coastal Somalia in poisonous waste dump , thus driving away fish and fishermen starve

such kind of behaviour , makes me feel that the rich regard the poor subhuman

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The Somalian 'pirates' are simply poor fishermen trying to protect their lively hood from illegal fishing, and also from illegal dumping of waste.

They have no navy to protect them - if they had a navy, then there would be a lot of incidents in area - incidents in which the Somalians would be clearly justified.

Why do people simply believe the MS all the time and never do any research?

That people are now going there to kill these poor people is sick.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If it is real, those guys are much much worse then pirates. Pirates do not go out to shoot people - for them this is just a possible complication of job of stealing and blackmailing.
I am perfectly fine with military personal shooting at pirates, sinking them and even killing. But for some bored civilian to go and hunt them like wild animals .....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
I saw a website that had this offered on it but am pretty sure that it was just a joke.

Surely ... it is a joke ...

I don't think so and otherwise somebody will come up with this..In Thailand you can pay $5000. on the net to shoot criminals or let somebody do it for you, and i believe even watch it online..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
If it is real, those guys are much much worse then pirates. Pirates do not go out to shoot people - for them this is just a possible complication of job of stealing and blackmailing.
I am perfectly fine with military personal shooting at pirates, sinking them and even killing. But for some bored civilian to go and hunt them like wild animals .....

Yeah sure, tell that to the crew and their family of the "marathon"[under Dutch Antilles flag with Ukranian crew] were one guy was killed the first day of the hostage and another badly wounded.And our defense secrety still wont allow marines on the ships[with protest of the parliament]..These pirates deserve only one thing, and that is a bullit between the freakin' eyes and a rpg parked on their boats...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Interesting. Let's see what happens to these Safari hunters after they make their first kill. I hope that this is just a joke because many of this little pirates have RPG's. So, I wonder how well armed these yachts are??

If you bothered to click and read the short article, you'd find out just how well armed those yachts are, including RPGs.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalph

If you bothered to click and read the short article, you'd find out just how well armed those yachts are, including RPGs.

Thanks Gandalph. The whole story is speculative and just how does a private yacht owner arm its vessels with rocket launchers (legally). I suppose anything is possible in Russia.

Bear in mind that commercial ships are not allowed to arm themselves in this manner. Hence the pirate activity against unarmed ships. The laws of the sea are complex indeed. If the owners of these yachts are accepting payment, does that make them commercial vessels and thus subjected to international laws.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We have reverted back to a few roots here..
Heads on sticks!!!

This is insipid, unthinkable and frightening indeed.

Peace...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalph

Thanks Gandalph. The whole story is speculative and just how does a private yacht owner arm its vessels with rocket launchers (legally). I suppose anything is possible in Russia.

Bear in mind that commercial ships are not allowed to arm themselves in this manner. Hence the pirate activity against unarmed ships. The laws of the sea are complex indeed.

i believe that it could on basis of licence and registration , hell russian gun laws are much more liberal in Russia today, though at central level , russian govt does not permit automatic rifle (only semi-auto) , b ut , many provinces and republics have different gun laws and seem to permit ownership of fully automatic rifles(there is a lot of mods done by villagers in russia illegally to make Ak fully auto) . hell,today's Russia looks more and more like USA , while USA looks more and more USSR/Nazi Germany like whether in terms of taxes,economic rights,gun rights etc.

how ironic the times can be . I never imagined I could ever see such times

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Kombatt98]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is more evidence of the continued slide if humanity. If someone has a way to exit this sick planet (other than suicide) please let me know. The people who are saying this is a good think have no clue what they are asking for.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Havoc40k

This is a hoax. The details are similar to a joke-article recently posted.

THE ULTIMATE ADVENTURE CRUISE

To The Point is excited to offer the ultimate adventure cruise along the pirate-infested coast of Somalia!

We board our luxury cruise ship in Djibouti on the Gulf of Aden near the entrance to the Red Sea, and disembark in Mombassa, Kenya seven adrenaline-charged days later.

Starting at $5,200 per-person (double occupancy, inside room) and $6,900 (veranda complete with bench rest), you'll relax like never before.

That's because you are welcome to bring your own arsenal with you. If you don't have your own weapons, you can rent them from our onboard Master Gunsmith. Enjoy reloading parties every afternoon with skeet and marksmanship competitions every night!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That's why i think it is strange they won't operate on high seas..only then is the jurisdiction of the flag's country legal binding(if they even carry a flag/"pirate flag
") ...on the other hand Somalia can't enforce its laws within its territorial waters, nobody s really watching the store

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join