It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea vows a 'fire shower of nuclear retaliation' if attacked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

N. Korea vows a 'fire shower of nuclear retaliation' if attacked

www.jpost.com

North Korea upped its rhetoric on Thursday, vowing to enlarge its atomic arsenal and warning of a "fire shower of nuclear retaliation" in the event of a US attack.

The jingoist statements come as the regime marked the 1950 outbreak of the Korean War.

Meanwhile, the US Navy followed a North Korean ship suspected of carrying weapons in violation of a UN resolution punishing Pyongyang's May 25 nuclear test, and as anticipation mounted that the North might test-fire short- or mid-range missiles in the coming days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Is Obama ever going to take them seriously or just continue to laugh them off like usual? If this was Iran using this degree of rhetoric I think we would be acting a tad bit different. I just can’t understand why the entire planet is just like oh don’t worry about Kim he just like a spoiled child ...........yea till soul is turned into rubble . I don’t know I just can’t figure out Obama's policies..Is it just me or is he making the US looks weak??...............................

www.jpost.com

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
We have looked weak for many generations, but i have to admit, the obamanation is realy setting us back...

I think we should all pull his 'man' card and disbar him from the union.

The sad part is while most blow off lil kim, oh i mean Kim as nothing, who's to say what they have gatherd up in the past few years, i mean look at all our dear govt. has and has done that we dont find out about until many many years later, in a dictatorship like NK who knows.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I think it's a bit of a "boy who cried wolf" situation. Kim has made so many threats over the years that most people don't believe him anymore. He might be serious this time, but he might not. Ignoring him may end up being the wrong thing to do, but really what other options are left for us? We don't need another war. Our military is stretched too thin as it is, they need a break not another deployment. So what else can we do aside from ignore his threats and not give him anything to use as an excuse if he is being serious this time?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
great, bring it on. It's profesised to happen, wether we like it or not. So lets get on with it and stop pussyfooting around!!

War is coming folks, and it's going to be sooner rather than later.

CX

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This is getting boring now.

The MSM do a new story every time Kimmy uses a new word to describe how he's going to annialate the US.

Ok....he's gonna get the US if they attack him....we get it!

CX.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Keep your eye on Isreal, Night attack it will be, Iran , and the pope getting an heart attack soon is also something to look for !!!
Just ONE POPE LEFT, and the destruction of the city of seven hills is On !!
- ' Play Ball ' -

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
When are people going wake up and realize that NK is a threat to no-one?

Leave NK alone and there will be no problems - but the Bilderscum don't want to leave it alone - they don't want anyone standing up to them. That is what KJI has done wrong - defy the scum controllers.

Iraq had sanctions applied - it disarmed as it was ordered to do - did that save it from attack by the US? No.

Iran has publicly said it is not and will not pursue a nuclear weapon strategy - has that saved it from attack? No - however, the attack so far is by agents and political strife. The winds of war are blowing though - the MSM are stirring public sentiment for another mindless war for the benefit of the scum controllers.

Stop buying into the media lies - KJI has developed nukes to protect his country from US imperialism - I hope he builds a thousand nukes. Nukes are to be used as bargaining chips - nothing more. The threat is worth so much more than they would be worth putting them into effect.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
North Korea is the "swine flu" of the geopolitical world.

In other words, it's relatively harmless, but treated like armageddon incarnate.

Do they even have any nukes? I thought they exploded the only one they had underground

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

Is Obama ever going to take them seriously or just continue to laugh them off like usual? If this was Iran using this degree of rhetoric I think we would be acting a tad bit different. I just can’t understand why the entire planet is just like oh don’t worry about Kim he just like a spoiled child ...........yea till soul is turned into rubble . I don’t know I just can’t figure out Obama's policies..Is it just me or is he making the US looks weak??...............................

www.jpost.com

what are you talking about?... N. Korea is covered like a wet blanket on a hot stove. you think the military is going to come out and tell where they have staged? and what their plans are? and as far as obama's policies go regarding N. Korea, what do you think he should do?...stomp up and down while calling names? nuke them? we have an adult as president now...get use to it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The thing about lil' Kimmy is he's so nutty that he seems apt to consider most any affront an "attack" of one form or another.

Granted, I do not think he has the ability to pose serious threat to the US mainland. However, he's been throwing temper tanturms lately and its hard to tell what will provoke him to actually attempt something.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
to those who say obama is doing the wrong thing by laughing this off, i have a question and a thought.

the question - does the american public really want to go to war with anyone ? and if so why?

the thought - governments are doing the right thing ignoring this propeganda ... anyone with a grain of sence knows nk is no threat to america.... usa coudl wipe them off the face of the planet in a few hours and probably never even need to set foot in the country.

personaly, i dont buy any of the recent NK stories, they come accross as nothing but anti NK propeganda and the sad thing is craploads of people are getting sucked right into it demnding that america starts another war, which is what i dont get, war = death to the antagonists and protaganists. If these threats are actualy true, then the best thing to do IS just ignore them like we would with people flame baiting on forums . all these so call "threats" are nothing but flame baiting, with the world media being the forum.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I don't think that NK will let themselves get the shock and awe treatment without firing off their nukes.

They probably feel that once a bombardment starts they will get no quarter anyway, so what do they have to lose?

If DU or precision guided munitions are used on them I feel they will launch under attack.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh look another Threat of Nuclear war from Lil Kim, man I am so bored of all this chest beating. Stop boasting and get over yourselves.

Learn to live and let live.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We won't need a national health care plan if we're all dust from nukes...or dying from the radiation. Living under a constant threat is not freedom. We should be bombing their facilities right now for even talking about destroying us. This is now a serious issue as these threats have become far more insane than were previously...How many more threats and missile launches does the guy need to see before he makes a move?

[edit on 6/25/2009 by AceOfAces]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

what are you talking about?... N. Korea is covered like a wet blanket on a hot stove. you think the military is going to come out and tell where they have staged? and what their plans are? and as far as obama's policies go regarding N. Korea, what do you think he should do?...stomp up and down while calling names? nuke them? we have an adult as president now...get use to it. I didnt say nuke them you did! I just think he should show a little more backbone in the public arena ,he looks like a meerkat searching for preditors ducking in and out of his hole...to use a quote from a friend
And he is just the new president that is in Cahoots with wall st,and not the military industrial complex and big oil...as his predecessor was

[edit on 25-6-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I agree -- I think all of this media attention is giving him exactly what he wants. He now has the entire world watching North Korea. Which begs the question: while everyone is busy watching and waiting for North Korea -- who aren't we watching and what are we missing?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Obama is making us look weak? What should be do instead? You guys sound like you want Obama to start a war with NK. Regardless of the power behind NK, there doesn't need to be any war.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

so true ...but if he did start a war, they would also be the people screaming to get the troops home because their getting killed in said war.

people need to wake up ... PEACE IS ACTUALY GOOD!

what obama is doing is what should be done! he is not rising to the bait!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Kudos to that. We should not entertain Kim's ideals of glory. He probably *deserves* to be destroyed, but to give into what he wants is not going to buy us anything.

On the flip side, I got word last night that the son of a friend of mine is being diverted to Korea. He is in the Air Force and was *going* to be stationed in Iraq for 3 months. Instead he is being deployed to Korea (in August or September) for one year. His family is being left in Florida, indicating to me that they don't want to bring civilians into a possible hot zone. Another friend of mine has a son that used to be in the Air Force but is not working for a private firm in Georgia doing the same thing for more money. He calls the shots for "assets" in the area, telling them where their targets are, etc. He has been working Taliban targets, but is now getting briefed on essentials on Korea.

It seems like the US is prepping for an escalation, but I don't imagine that necessarilly means it HAS to happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join