It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Air crash practice exercise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hello all,

Just found this on BBC news:

Police have found a man's body in a reservoir while preparing for a major training exercise.

While in itself that doesn't seem too suspicious, look at this part:

Underwater search teams from six police forces were at Winscar reservoir near Sheffield, practicing techniques following a mock mid-air collision.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

According to the video the police teams were practicing how to respond in the event of a collision between a light aircraft and jumbo jet, the exercise is thought to be the first of its kind.

I find it slightly strange that this type of exercise has never been practiced before, does somebody know something we don't?

It's quite a specific scenario isn't it? A light aircraft crashing into a jumbo jet.

And what a morbid coincidence to actually find a real dead body in the water!

What do you guys think?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

No this has got to be more than just a co-incidence

imo I think it was this guys body they may have been lookin for, using the exercise as a cover .
But why ???

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It is a coincidence but i dont think it is anything more.
They would have been planning this for months and if they wanted to search for a body in a lake they would just do it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

I might go and check this reservoir out at the W/E just to take a look cos it's not too far from where I live

Can't do it till then cos I've no wheels at the mo but will have on Saturday.
Weird though about the training exercise--why a jumbo jet and light aircraft ??
Do intelligence know something ??

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Why announce they found a body at all then?

As for the training exercise? I don't see anything suspicious with it, these kind of training exercises happen all the time, here's one held near me earlier this year:

BUNBURY will be under siege today as the ability of local emergency services to cope with a terrorist attack is put to the test.
Bunbury port is the target of the ''no notice'' exercise which is being held under the direction of the National Counter-Terrorism Committee.

Acting Superintendent Peter Norrish said the exercise was designed to improve emergency authorities ability to prepare and respond to acts of terrorism.

"The ‘no notice’ exercise being conducted in Bunbury is the third of its kind that the WA Police have conducted recently," he said.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Fair enough comments --but don't you find it strange that the "no-notice" exercise in Bunbury is the 3rd of its kind recently ??

Apart from Sheffield as well, how many more of these are happening ??
Is something goin down soon

Do the authorities know something or is a wag the dog event going to be used possibly in the near future to deflect from a big issue ??
I know I spend way too much time on here but hey-----all possibilities are in the mix !!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

It's just the way things have become I guess.

I know that's not ideal but I guess authorities don't want to be caught on the back foot, I mean what's the point of having an emergency response team that doesn't know how to respond to an emergency?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus please realise that this is the UK--believe me in the event of a major catastrophe it would be absolute pandemonium

If the government here were behind any of the planning in any way we citizens don't stand a chance !!!
Yeah I know we got through 7/7 but man some of the emergency services appeared to be in place before it happened ??

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Thats exactly my point! It seems a little specific a light aircraft crashing into a jumbo jet, I mean I know it has happened before but it just strikes me as odd that theyre practicing it.

The video does say its the first exercise of its kind, I find that strange aswell...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

My gut instinct here is that there's somethin going down !!!
All these exercises and stuff--it's too co-incidental

They could be acting on intelligence but DK I just don't trust this government---they could sure use a wag the dog at the moment with everything that's happening here ???
I'm gonna still check that reservoir out though cos the body Intrigues me for some reason
uz:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You know that really strikes me as an interesting concept and raises a question...

If the Intelligence community had information on a credible threat, would they do a public dress rehearsal of it for the purposes of training, knowing that would give away to the "terrorists" that they have been intercepted? I mean, that would be an incredibly effective system. The plot is ditched and the emergency crews get some much needed training all at the same time. :-)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Some crazy paranoia on this thread guys!

Every exercise the Emergency Services conduct has to be, at some point, the "first of it's kind". Basically, the police planners sit around and come up with a scenario, probably over tea and biscuits and don't think anything of it.

There has actually been over the past year alot of mid-air collisions between light aircraft anyway, so the Police probably saw that as a good enough scenario, but chucked in the Jumbo jet to give it that extra edge.

As for the body, if it was a cover, then why announce it and release a video? They also announced the guys name who they found.

Alot of exercises are conducted every year by our Emergency services and contrary to what "UK Today" said, they are among the best prepared in the world for major incidents. They only appeared to be "in place" already for the 7th July bombings because by the time the camera crews got to site they had been there for some time. It only takes a couple of minutes for emergency crews to respond, on average, and you'd be surprised how quickly they can get places.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I have a lot of respect for our emergency services who are doing the best they possibly can under a government that is incompetent and corrupt !!
But i'm sure their job would be so much easier without the red tape and PC stuff that they have to work under .
As for crazy paranoia on this thread, luckily some people still question the info that's fed through to them by the media and tptb

And why would they chuck in the jumbo jet --for effect ??
Why just not 2 light aircraft colliding--surely that would be enough ??
Why exaggerate it all ??
But this is a conspiracy site and I think its healthy to question --and if this makes me paranoid then bring it on

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
To quote a phase "Nothing to see here, move along now"

As stumason pointed out, exercises like this and many others take place around the UK. There are organisations that recruit people to be the "victims" of such exercises so many of these are not "NO Notice" and all with have been planned for weeks and months. While the people are the front line may get no or limited notice of the exercise, the planning takes months.

And the emergency services needs to plan for a wide range of incidents, uk today and while 2 light aircraft does offer some training, typically 2 light aircraft might have 2-6 people on board. A commerical airline could have up to 500 people of board (A380) and the flight path for Heathrow does go over reservoirs.

And just think of the number of exercises that never reach the media!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

can you be 100% sure that there's " nothing to see here " ??
Yes I'm sure there are many exercises as you say taking place around the UK--but how many produce a body as well ??

Maybe you're right and the whole thing is just co-incidence--but if we do have a mid-air collision over a reservoir involving a Jumbo jet and light aircraft, will you all stop ganging up on me please !!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Okay guys, maybe it is me being slightly paranoid but I just find it strange that this is "the first exercise of its kind"

Yes I will agree that many types of emergency exercises are carried out but I find it strange that this scenario has never been thought about or planned in response before?

As one poster said; light aircraft crashes do happen quite often, so if thats the case then why isn't there a contingency plan in place already?

To top it off they place fake bodies and fake aircraft wreckage in a reservoir and then actually uncover a real body? I know its not relevant to my above point but it still seems slightly weird.

We all know what happened regarding 9/11, and the pre planned responses that should of been in effect - but weren't.

A plan apparently was already in place if in the event a 747/jet plane hit the twin towers, didn't work very well though did it?

As I said maybe its just paranoia, but if a light aircraft collides with a jumbo jet any time soon then I wouldn't be so sure...

[edit on 25/6/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
There should have been an autopsy by now and an inquest is due shortly after concerning the death of Brian Arnold, the man whose body was found. If anyone is actually interested in the truth, instead of baseless paranoia, I would recommend looking into the coroners report into this mans death.

It is also reported in local Yorkshire news that it was a reservoir engineer who found the body, not the Police who were still setting up for the exercise.

It stands to reason that if the body had been there for an amount of time, the only time it would be discovered in a reservoir would be when people where around, hence why it was discovered when the Police were preparing for an exercise. Prior to that, the body could have laid undisturbed for quite a long time without being noticed.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I agree with everything you say, my paranoia was regarding a collision with a light aircraft & jumbo jet - not the dead body, although I think its a morbid coincidence.

Do you know if the deceased was reported missing prior to his body being found? If not then that would strike me as odd...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

It doesn't look as if he was reported missing, at least there is no mention of such. I'd hazard a guess and say he was probably one of these lonely old men out for a walk and, somehow, ended up in the reservoir. The Police say the death isn't being treated as suspicious at this time.

As for the scenario, I wouldn't read to much into it. These exercises happen alot and they always think up unusual happenings to base them on. Not so long ago, they had an exercise concerning a massive biological attack in a major city. It is just to test response and readiness of the Emergency services for various eventualities. They pay people to think these idea's up and these guys will sit around and think "how could terrorists do X" and "what if Y happened". they then design an exercise to examine what could happen.

Thing is, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they prepare, they're accused of conspiracy and people think they plan operations against the public. Do you really think that the Government would openly practice and attack on their own people, with thousands (sometimes) of personnel involved, of which at least a few who would question the suspicious nature of said exercise if that thing did actually happen?

If they don't, they'll be slammed by the public for not being ready when something unusual happens.

There is a wierd dichotomy in peoples thinking. One minute the Government is inept and couldn't get out a wet paper bag with a map and a knife, but in the next breath, they are busy conspiring overly complicated and convuluted plots against their own people. Which is it?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Again, I do see what your saying.

I know these types of exercises are planned out and test alot of the time, I just found it strange for some reason. Maybe I should go get my tin foil hat...

I'm not blaming the government or accusing them of any wrong doing; they may not necessarily doing something wrong or planning an attack on their own people (I highly doubt)

As you said that would be foolish to practice something of such nature out in the open.

There have been many instants of various governments (especially the UK) recieving intelligence about a future event but not acting on it.

rogerstigers post above is an interesting theory which I quite like and answers the question why would the emergency services perform a dress rehearsal of a specific event knowing full.

Like I said before maybe its just me being paranoid

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join