It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[ALERT] HR 2454: Destroying the US Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I just received an email from the Houston Tea Party Society at 1:14am and believe we here at ATS must take a good look at this.

Here is the main body of the email:

A TEA PARTY NATIONWIDE EMAIL PROTEST
TAKE ACTION BELOW
THE HOUSE VOTE IS THIS WEEK

HR 2454: THE AMERICAN CLEAN ENERGY AND SECURITY ACT

IMPOSES MASSIVE PENALTIES AND TAXES ON THE COAL, OIL, AND NATURAL GAS INDUSTRIES

WHICH PROVIDE 86% OF OUR COUNTRY’S ENERGY NEEDS

THIS PUNITIVE LEGISLATION WILL

· DRAMATICALLY INCREASE PRODUCTION COSTS

· REDUCE COAL, OIL, AND NATURAL GASPRODUCTION AND SUPPLIES

· INCREASE ENERGY COSTS BY AN AVERAGE $3100/family/yr

· RESTRICT ENERGY USE AND REDUCE PRODUCTIVITY

· REDUCE ANNUAL GDP BY $393 BILLION (average: 2010 – 2035)

· ERODE THE US JOB MARKET

· INCREASE DEPENDANCY ON FOREIGN OIL

· EFFECTIVELY TAX ALL AMERICANS TO SUBSIDIZE

THE ECONOMICALLY UNVIABLE GREEN INDUSTRY
TELL CONGRESS TO STOP MANIPULATING THE PRIVATE SECTOR
WITH YOUR MONEY

(Sorry mods Im just too tired to type that out. Forgive the capital letters.)

Here's what the government has to say about this bill...

American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009

To create clean energy jobs, achieve energy independence, reduce global warming pollution and transition to a clean energy economy.

current 111st session of congress

Open Congress Summary:

This is the Waxman-Markley comprehensive energy bill, known for short as "ACES," that includes a cap-and-trade global warming reduction plan designed to reduce economy-wide greenhouse gas emissions 17 percent by 2020. Other provisions include new renewable requirements for utilities, studies and incentives regarding new carbon capture and sequestration technologies, energy efficiency incentives for homes and buildings, and grants for green jobs, among other things.

The House Energy and Commerce Committee began markup of the bill on May 18th and it will likely be on the full House floor in June. It is expected to be significantly weakened during the legislative process by Republicans and conservative Democrats in both the Senate and the House.

OpenCongress.com

The Comments are worth a read alone!

Summary of Bill / Entire Text

Personally I am against any bill that is obviously a scam on the American People. This only benefits big business and hardly, I say hardly passes as a bill to protect the planet.

Wanna protect the planet Congress? Go off yourselves... world is better without you these days.

[edit on 6/25/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is important if you already didnt know about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Well, one hedge you can make against this is buying energy futures. That will lock in a low price now, which will offset the expenses later.

Also, don't blame the government:

Finally, if you wish to change this grim looking picture, then you have to realize that the government isn't your enemy, but the only democratic institution you have a voice in, and the only institution with the power to reign in the plutocracy.

The plutocrats didn't come to power by force -- they too used the vote, and now they are trying to take that away from the rest of us. It's time to wake up, stop playing these childish games lead by the main stream media, and take back America, for your own interests, but also for the 300 million other Americans whom this war is being waged against as well. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Hi Tentickles,
this is extremely interesting!
In Australia (Sydney) we have had announcements on talk back radio, regarding the cost of electricity and water. It has been stated that prices are about to spike by about 20%!
No surprise. Australian and American governments are familiar bed-fellows

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

"This only benefits big business"

(like those who owned the Coal & Oil business?)

LOL! yeah! and the people all over the world who has to breath dirty polluted & toxic air!

But yeah! beside them no one else benefits!

It's the same here in Europe! tree-huggers everywhere!

Damn! they they are trying to take away my right to pollute!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Be weary of gifts from lobbyists and energy companies.

They're never really "gifts."

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Yeah gotta watchout for any of these 'Green Businesses'!
here we have all these govt. rebates for solar this, solar that conserve water this and that; and another govt. rebate!
I smell the filthy rotting corpse of a rat.

They tell you to get a rain-water tank, because of pressure on greenhouse and environmental targets; yet you need an ELECTRIC PUMP to dispense the water! Go Figure

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It's already passed the house.

The day after it passed I saw an interview with a senator on FOXNews that stated, confidently "That bill is dead as soon as it gets to the senate..." (after their July 4th vacation.)

I hope so, I want the privilege to pollute as much as I want... that includes a huge, wet, smelly fart of a kiss for congress. I want to spread some noxious gases towards our spineless, traitorous congress.

Take a look at the linked site OpenCongress.org ... The current unofficial poll of that bill is currently at...

1173 NO
143 YES

Nearly 10:1 ... do you think for an instant that they care about what their constituents think? Got Representation?

There is too much relevant information about what Cap & Trade really entails. Greed & Corruption.

If they really wanted to get people in gear to innovate Green Technologies ... It seems that they've accomplished quite a bit just by passing that bill in the House.

(For those that don't remember the gas shortages of the 70's; there was great promise of Green Technologies then too ... No one seemed to follow up on great proposals of alternative energy back then. AND gas was $.60-$.80 CENTS a gallon, not $4.50)

Enough with the mandates and meddling. Green Technologies are expanding rapidly and even solar is becoming very affordable.

top topics

join