It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-duty officer shoots 2 in lot after Angels game

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents:

I agree with what the cop did, in his shoes I would have done the same.

My problem with the situation here is that any normal (non-LEO) person would be jailed for this. I see a lot of posts about CCW and what not but the bottom line is that there are NO states, not even Texas, where a CCW carrier is allowed to bring a firearm to a place where Alcohol is sold.

If this had happened to me, or countless others, we would have been beat to death by these two guys, not mention the wife and kids. Because we wouldnt have our CCW weapon.

If I had carried my firearm to this game, and somehow got it in, I would be jailed for defending myself in the same way the cop did.

Seems a bit unfair to me...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Lets be Honest the cop wanted Revenge. If you have ever known any cops( i have known 4) they don't like anyone getting one over on them.. Pulling out a gun in a public place & then firing it at least 2 times with hundreds of kids running around is inexuseable. He should have followed them and got the police. (the ones ON DUTY) If this guy doesn't get prision it's a shame.

I Live in St Petersburg FL. and I can tell you everyone i know here NEVER calls the police for any reason because down here these cops are cowboys in the worst sense of the word. Everyday in the paper down here cops who are called to homes end up causing more problems then they solve. Now I have lived in Arlington VA. And Danbury CT. and can tell you the police there have a stellar relationship with the community. It just depends where you live.
One thing people forget is, police are Public Servants. There here to serve and protect You the community that's it. When I deal with them I say as little as possible, and never say "Sir" or "yes Sir" or "Yes Ma'am" It always make me laugh when people kiss there buts talking about how "dangerous" their jobs are.. lol... You have a 10x better chance of being killed working at a gas station or driving a cab..

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Smoking a few evil doers keeps the rest of them guessing about who they may attack without consequence. Unfortunately these two are still in the gene pool and may yet reproduce.
Maybe armed citizens in the UK would deter the famed soccer hooligans who have ruined the sport and sometimes banned jolly olde Englande fans from attending games, eh. Of course there are always knives or swords for self defense and defense of family when attacked. Much more civilised and gentlemanly than firearms.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"The officer, who was walking to his car with his wife and two small children about 25 minutes after the game, was hit in the head with beer bottles, police Sgt. Tim Schmidt said.

"We think he was the victim of a crime," Schmidt said.

The officer called a dispatcher at his department and asked for help, saying two men had choked him and asked him to get away from his car, Sgt. Rick Martinez said."

Based on this, I'd say good job. Too bad you didn't kill both of them. Felonious assault justifies deadly force. Period. Don't give me the, "he had other options", crap. NO one is entitled to assault me. If they do, they won't do it again.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wow such nitpicking! For those of you who are against gun's I'll remember that If you are attacked by someone trying to inflict bodily harm. I will respect your beliefs and not use my gun to help you. Mr. Lizard you gotta a pair? Spit them out !! You talk like you are some sort of unarmed combat expert, and most unarmed combat is only good vs 1 person your examples of what you have done tells me you also got it handed to you once or twice! If the cop was attacked in the parking lot odds are they had glass bottles. Everyone knows in the U.S. parking lots before games or concerts has lot's of drinking from home brought supplies.What makes anyone think saying "stop I'm a cop" will stop a crime? Assumptions that will get some one killed or seriously hurt! As for the three shot issue maybe someone got hit more than once? Oh and the pathetic examples of things being thrown into a crowd, It's not like the cop was hit randomly by a thrown bottle! He was the target. Boo Hoo the 2 men were shot in the interest of fairness were they going to wait and come one at a time? I think the LEO's can correct me if I'm wrong, but police are not obligated to protect a private citizen, it's the public well being. I know it seems off topic but it is a little lesson in comprehension. Last but not least how long would the off-duty cop have to wait for back-up?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I agree perfectly with what the cop did. I admit, he'll probably be in trouble for having his pistol at a ball game, since that is illegal. Also, like someone else said, there would likely be countless bystanders around. I still woulda shot the guys though. Anytime I feel that my family is threatened, I'll fight dirty as it gets.
The police in my neighborhood have been called to my house on two occasions to arrest people I've beaten down for trying to break in, or trying to cause harm to my house or family. They all say they'd have done the exact same thing.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981

Ok this is just unbelieveable, this officer shoots two unarmed men after they "assulted" him following a baseball game. So apparently it's ok for cops even off duty to use firearms against others, here is another example of the "law" going to an extreme, I have in the past defended the actions of police officers in regards to issues like this but now I'm starting to see that these kind of police related incidents are increasing at alarming rates, see the article.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Not it's entirely beliveable and I along with most of my brothers on here and elsewhere would probably do the same thing.
Defend yourself! It's your right and you have to in times of danger like this.
Would you rather he took a beating and worse? Get with the libertarian groove and ditch this UN mentality man.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Any sane person in his situation would of done the same thing. I know i would have. What gives the guys the right to enflict harm in the first place?

Thats what's wrong with this country today. People have more remorse for the people that do wrong and get punished properly for it. No one knows what the intentions of them were and the cop wasn't about to find out.

And i don't want to hear any BS on let the judicial system punish them for their crimes, cause that system is way too flawed and if the cop didn't shoot them they won't think twice next time about trying to mug someone. Just think about it. Jail to most of these guys is nothing and they have more friends in there then outside so it's cake. But since they got shot it hurt them and they'll think twice about it now.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join