It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian revolt Explained - Wake Up!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hrum,Slayer I think Obama is just following the old adage"keep your friends close,but keep your enemies closer." in the case of Hugo Chavez.Having Venezuela joining a anti-American government bloc is the last thing his handlers want.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You know what's funny about that?
Iran may be the first Gulf country that will need to import fuel efficient cars.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Good job Slayer

Just curious

How would a food shortage play in this great game? Or does it?

Seems to me it would factor in some how. Possibly the country that can produce the most will have the upper hand.

"Eating Oil" was the title of a book which was published in 1978 following the first oil crisis in 1973 (1). The aim of the book was to investigate the extent to which food supply in industrialised countries relied on fossil fuels. In the summer of 2000 the degree of dependence on oil in the UK food system was demonstrated once again when protestors blockaded oil refineries and fuel distribution depots. The fuel crises disrupted the distribution of food and industry leaders warned that their stores would be out of food within days. The lessons of 1973 have not been heeded.

www.countercurrents.org...

The collapse of complex systems is actually predicated on the idea that the systems would mutually reinforce each other’s failures. This is now plain to see as the collapse of banking (that is, of both lending and debt service), has led to the collapse of commerce and manufacturing. The next systems to go will probably be farming, transportation, and the oil markets themselves (which constitute the system for allocating and distributing world energy resources). As these things seize up, the final system to go will be governance, at least at the highest levels.

dailyreckoning.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

What I find interesting and nobody seems to either care or maybe missed it and that is how The US/UK-West can use it as a tool to rein in China.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on this growing story for a few weeks now.

I'm not exactly sure how it fits in? Maybe just to artificially raise prices.

Oil Rises a Second Day on Equity Gains, Shell Pipeline Attack

“The factor supporting oil is the situation in Nigeria,” said David Moore, a commodity strategist with Commonwealth Bank of Australia Ltd. in Sydney. “It seems to have intensified and it’s something that’s helping keep prices at a higher level.”

Yesterday, the contract rose $1.56, or 2.3 percent, to settle at $70.23 a barrel. Oil has gained 1.5 percent this week after falling 3.5 percent last week.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I've been keeping an eye on this growing story for a few weeks now.

I'm not exactly sure how it fits in? Maybe just to artificially raise prices.

Oil Rises a Second Day on Equity Gains, Shell Pipeline Attack

“The factor supporting oil is the situation in Nigeria,” said David Moore, a commodity strategist with Commonwealth Bank of Australia Ltd. in Sydney. “It seems to have intensified and it’s something that’s helping keep prices at a higher level.”

Yesterday, the contract rose $1.56, or 2.3 percent, to settle at $70.23 a barrel. Oil has gained 1.5 percent this week after falling 3.5 percent last week.

Situational comedy:

Nigerian Militants Say They Attacked Shell After Amnesty Offer

The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, the main militant group in Nigeria’s southern oil region, said it attacked an oil facility run by Royal Dutch Shell, hours after an offer of an amnesty by President Umaru Yar’Adua.

An oil well at Shell’s Afremo offshore field was blown up about 11 p.m. yesterday in response to “a punitive” raid by the military on Agbeti community in Delta state, Jomo Gbomo, the spokesman for the group, also known as MEND, said in an e-mailed statement today.

www.bloomberg.com...

Such "military" operations are as valid as OPEC decisions to increase or decrease oil production

Create scarcity and prices go up. War is the pending scarcity.

Once the Third world is under firm control of the PTB, they will be sold clean and expensive energy. Want to bet?

Tomorrow, "solar input and output" will be taxed.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I am thinking that oil is the main issue in the big picture - the ONLY picture - but not for energy needs. I am sure they have advanced solar technology, possibly electromagnetic energy, all kinds of things for harnessing nature that they dont have mainstream. But the oil, that is important for CONTROL!!
What happens when you dont have oil in your car? Cant get to work. Cant make money. Cant support family/self. Cant buy fancy things that run your life (ie. going out for dinner, movies, magazines, mp3 players, sexier cars, etc).
Thus: he who controls the fix, controls the user.

It works the same way with drug dealers, they can get anything they want from people by threatening to cut off the supply to users.

I think the most dangerous part is that every big player in this area knows this too, and they are all vying for top spot on the NWO or something...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Remember from the "Dune":

He who can destroy the spice, controls the spice.
If Iran makes a N bomb, then it will be able to destroy the oil.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Excellent thread SLAYER69 its so refreshing to see that others know whats going on in this world and aren't blinded by the beaurocratic spiel we are forced to hear on a daily basis.

Taliban what Taliban ?

Star, flag and friend

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Afghanistan: Coalition troops launch massive assault on Taliban

edition.cnn.com

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Coalition troops launched a massive assault on a Taliban stronghold in southern Afghanistan and were able to push militants out of some areas they had controlled, they said Coalition said in a statement.

About 500 troops were involved in the operation, the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force announced Tuesday.

Coalition used more than 25 aircraft to drop hundreds of troops into the area at about midnight June 19.
Don't Miss

The troops, mostly from the United States and Britain, were able to secure three main crossing points in the area and w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I was saying it tongue and cheek, I mean to say that when people hear the word taliban forces they think of a group of militia hiding in a cave with a few guns. Oh how wrong they are.

When I speak to these very people who think the same as above, and I say if thats the case then whos supplying them the guns? and how have they managed to fend off european troops for so long? ........Suddenly there is silence, you can almost hear the cogs turning in their heads.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
CNN reporting the reinstatement of US/Venezuela diplomats.

U.S., Venezuela reinstate top diplomats

It's funny how important Iran was until M.Jackson died. I think Iran is being about mentioned about once every 30 minutes now. At least they're not showing incoming Twitter's anymore.

I suspect we will now see more emotion than we have in the past few week while 100's beaten/died/arrested in Iran.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Staringintoinfinity]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Well you're not going to hear any great outcry about Innocent people being killed the profits from the crises are too good of a deal

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
2nd UPDATE:Gazprom, Naftogaz Reach Pact On Jun Gas Supplies

Europe is aiming to diversify its gas supply routes away from Russia to transport gas via the Nabucco pipeline project from energy-rich Central Asian countries like Azerbaijan. The second stage of Shah Deniz is viewed as a potential source for Nabucco.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hey, I happen to have $.02 in my pocket, so I will use it. Personal values/ethics/morality are not always in sync with national v/e/m.

While a politician might be filled with personal anger at/loathing of a nation ("axis of evil" sounds great in a speech), on a larger scale this type of thinking might not give intended results. Despite all the American tax dollars and lives spent in a war with Viet Nam with the expected outcome not achieved, we now smile and trade with them. With all the ranting and raving for years about "Communist China", we smile and trade with them.

Likewise, what we assume are altruistic actions at a national level might just as well be because something is wanted in return/makes for a good image. Helping with AIDS in Africa IS a good thing, but it also makes for a good image at a time when another nation (China) would like to make friends there, too.

Of course oil is a commodity and prices rise and fall, but what is happening in Nigeria has been going on for years. When income derived from selling a national resource is seen as not benefiting citizens, there can be turmoil.

Some American politicians and pundits would rather not publicly bring up the fact that America is made up of "classes" (the "haves" and "have mores"), deriding "class warfare", talking as if the (shrinking) middle class is the only class to which we all belong. Hey, look, you can have a beer with me and feel that I'm one of you! (Image can be everything in temporal affairs.) They would make better class-less communists than the people they chide! But people in other countries certainly know one class from another.

I can believe that Ahmadinejad did actually get the majority of the votes, as he has declared himself to be on the side of those with less money (power) in his country. Spread the oil revenue around. The increasing middle class has made for increasing dissatisfaction of his economic policies, which have sometimes resulted in not so good outcomes for everyone.

Perhaps helping to increase a middle class could do more than going to war. This idea might be intolerable to those whose job is to rant and rave, but maybe it's about time to turn a deaf ear to those who would prefer a bully policy to a bully pulpit. Maybe helping to give a growing middle class a larger voice is preferable to bombing them back to sticks and stones.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by RDR17

Everytime I hear someone discuss Reagan in a positive manner I can't help but think of the 1986 Iran-Contra war political scandal

ah the memories

You mean the Iran-Contra scandal that Mousavi helped happen?

In 1986, Mousavi played a great role in the Iran-Contra affair and secret negotiations and dealing with USA on helping them free the American hostages in Lebanon, in return for sale of the American weapons and spare-parts that Iran's army badly needed for Iran-Iraq War.

This whole uprising reeks of a CIA psy-op.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by jam321

You know what's funny about that?
Iran may be the first Gulf country that will need to import fuel efficient cars.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

Somehow I believe that GM may be willing to assist them in that regard.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yeah, this is a good analysis of what's really going on. You gotta wonder tho...who are the players behind the players?
Obviously the NWO believers would name the usual suspects: Rockefeller, Rothschild, Warburgs, Morgans, etc.
I believe there's something even greater going on. I believe it's possible that people who made the rules for this "game" play a direct part in our evolution. Let me explain.
Whatever is planned to happen is going to happen, there's pretty much nothing we can do about it. We as a whole have already made this possible, by paying taxes, voting in corrupt politicians year after year after year, believing in propaganda (I believe we can either chose to or not chose to believe in what that squared box spits out),but more importantly, by being consciously unaware. We have yet to see this game for what it really is.
This game is not something that can be won or lost, it has to be experienced. And the way we react and respond to whatever events might occur is what's going to affect our experience of the events. This is the key. Most of us will feel very afraid, angry, dissapointed, betrayed, (insert negative feeling/emotion here), some of us wont give a damn either way and even some will embrace the NWO and fully support it.
The ones who see this game for what it really, and really all it is is an illusion, will gain the most experience from it and evolve more than the ones who dont and can continue to keep creating their own reality and walk their own path.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thereaintnospoon

Well if that's true then Iran would be going down for sure.
Iran wouldn't go along with the NWO. It doesn't fly with Islam.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
When everything is said and done, the ones to watch are the jewish nation. In the end, everything seems to center around Israel, allways has, allways will. Everybody wants a piece of them, most nations hate them.

The center of attention today is Iran, the real center of attention tomorrow, will always be Israel in my book. They play a part of everthing that happens in the MidEast, one way or the other. Just keep one eye on Iran, and one eye on Israel.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join