It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salt Finding From NASA's Cassini Hints At Ocean Within Saturn Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

ScienceDaily (June 24, 2009) — For the first time, scientists working on NASA's Cassini mission have detected sodium salts in ice grains of Saturn's outermost ring. Detecting salty ice indicates that Saturn's moon Enceladus, which primarily replenishes the ring with material from discharging jets, could harbor a reservoir of liquid water -- perhaps an ocean -- beneath its surface.

Link to source

Our measurements imply that besides table salt, the grains also contain carbonates like soda. Both components are in concentrations that match the predicted composition of an Enceladus ocean

I was listening to the wireless sipping a nice mug of tea, pondering on the things I have to do when I heard the presenter mention 'extraterrestrials' Bearing in mind this radio programme mainly discusses UK and US politics. I nearly spat my tea over myself!

I turned the radio up and heard the presenters talking about saturn and how Cassini has found a large body of water that could be the answer to the lifelong question are we alone? I thought this would be all over the net but at the momento (its still early here) there doesn't seemed to be the media wave I was expecting.

I firmly believe in my heart that disclosure is coming sooner than we think. Next up vegetation discovery or signal from SETI.

I will try to find out more as the day goes on.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hi beat you to it Fran - a first for me

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hehe

B

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by badBERTHA
Hi beat you to it Fran - a first for me

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hehe

B

Haha love the avatar, thats great lets move the party over to yours.

Mods: Please close up Many thanks

join