It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. will suffer mass starvation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
We have CCD taking out all of our honeybees - 30% of our food supply is grown thanks to bees, and their populations have been cut in half over the past 4 years. Brazil is going to join the BRIC nations, which are designing a new currency, and will likely reduce or stop food exports to the U.S. in the near future, as they will likely choose to support China, India, and Russia. (Brazil is a major source of meat and grain for the U.S.) AND the Fed has now targetted U.S. farmers with new taxes and laws that are intended to drive them out of business - take for example the new taxes on freaking cow farts. (WTF!?) When you combine this with the over-printing of the dollar, and the lack of faith in our economy, which will soon lead to hyperinflation - food prices are going to skyrocket. Not just a little, but a whole friggin lot. There won't be enough to go around, people are going to starve.

Many here have already tried to prepare for this, but a lot of us haven't, I hope you all make it through this.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have nothing to worry about, I plan on feeding off of your fear.
Ahhhh how fat and happy I shall be. Don't worry, I will throw you a bone.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

... Touche' .... ahaha, that was a good one. Well at least maybe now the rest of the world will stop saying how fat we are ........ and I can finally start working on my inner thigh definition.

.... Its hard to imagine the US goin hungry from a lack of resources, .... lack of money ?? maybe.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I dont think we will die due to starvation. I think many other things will kill us, including that abyss that will open and swallow us whole.

I wonder what its like in Limbo.

Steve Quayle claims something is coming from behind the Sun and he has been advised. I think by the time anything hits here we will be kind of glad to be "gone"

www.stevequayle.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Source

These are indeed interesting times.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Don't notice the avatar, apparently someone thought noone else had it.....wrong though.

I can't see the USA going into starvation.

I mean though if we look at it relatively no.

But I figure if each citizen ate only 5,000 calories per day, they would consider that starvation!

Edit forget the title, got a much better avatar now;

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I would like to believe all of you, but I think this has been engineered. The Fed WANTS to take the American people down, and they will use anything from starvation, to plagues, to violence to do it. If you look at all the pieces, and keep an open mind, it's obvious.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I really don't understand how people think we eat to much. Yes we are an obese nation. We don't exercise as much as we should. A lazy nation, yes. But having been to Germany I can honestly say those people make us look like amatuers.

Hungry at 3 am? Go to one of many Donor Kabob stands that are open.

Walking through the shopping areas and get a hunger pain? Hundreds of food stands, fast food, restaurants easily at hand.

Good fattening, stick to your ribs food too. Walk up to one of many vendors and order yourself a brat stuffed with cheese with mustard and kraut.

Our eating habits have nothing on Germany.

Crap now I'm hungry and everything is closed.

On topic.

The US won't have mass starvation.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well, see, I grow fruit trees that are self-pollinating. Bees? Beeeeesssss? I don't need no stinking bees!!!!

And I know how to pollenate my corn plants without the help of bees.

I don't really mean to make light of this, well, sort of, less bees for my barefoot grandchildren to step on, but, yeah, bees are still a very important necessity for some fruit and vegetable pollination.

I did notice that late this spring, when my holly trees blossomed, there were no bees, unlike last year when my son-in-law was run out of the area while mowing the grass near the holly.

This really is disturbing on many different levels. Mobile beekeepers are hired to take their bees to orchards to pollenate the fruit. It's a no win situation for the beekeepers and the farmers.

I apologize for not knowing how to correctly spell polinate.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
From what I see on a daily basis, Americans could use to skip a few meals.It wouldn't kill us/THEM.

I am disgusted wherever I go by the shear numbers of obese people.

As for being starved to death....Who cares? Do you really WANT to live through what is on the other side of all of this?

Start letting go of your stranglehold on life right now and embrace eternity.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Don't notice the avatar, apparently someone thought noone else had it.....wrong though.

I can't see the USA going into starvation.

I mean though if we look at it relatively no.

But I figure if each citizen ate only 5,000 calories per day, they would consider that starvation!

Yeh seeing that avatar threw me off for sure. I was hoping you hadn't changed your name. lol

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well..
If such things do happen...We'll slowly but surely know beforehand.
These things just don't come about overnight and out of the blue...they work themselves slowly...and right in front of our eyes...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by peskyhumans

Well it comes down to this.

If your money is worthless, who will take it for goods ?

Derivatives are ticking time bomb per warren buffett

Within one year the prior time bomb dbls in size.

1,000+ Trillion with a "T" derivatives bomb set to go off

This is just one piece of the puzzle.

Other things are happening that are lining it all up for serious
problems, and one of them will be this giant monetary collapse
that will dwarf what happened fall 2008.

When the trucks stop delivering to the stores because our
money is considered a joke then we got problems.

When Tim Geithner talked to Chinese students how the US will make good
on its debt and everything will be fine they laughed LOUD in his face.

Chinese students laugh loudly at Geithner's assurances

The funny thing all these "think positive" ppl keep missing is this has
happened before throughout history on several continents.

It is not a new occurrence, you just need to read a history book.

I think our problems will not even start with food, it will be totally
collapse of jobs, banks, and a domino effect that will pull many
unexpected things into the vortex of financial ruin.

How many of you reading this already knew the Federal pension
guarantee fund was near collapse ?

44 million ppl may stop getting their checks ?

Food will be one of the last things to fall apart.

The disaster will be far more focused on other events.

There are parallel disasters lining up like all the car companies
tanking, and then all the suppliers under them tanking.

We have cities voting on bulldozing entire sections of cities
that stand empty with foreclosures or burn outs while some
ppl end up living in tent cities or on couches of friends and family.

With some heirloom seeds you can do a victory garden like they
did in WW2 and most will be ok unless they live in the concrete jungles
that do not have enough sq. ft. to feed millions.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
No one really OWNS an avatar from a common symbol.
Share the toys kids lol.
Post unto others as you would have them post unto you.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Yeah, but people will think thats me.. got to find a new one now, ugh.

Still looking for one.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
If push comes to shove, we'll just take it by force. I dont think we'll let everyone die, but some will have to before we go all out and just take what we need. Do it like the Vikings, take what you want, leave, then come back when you want more. I'm not being sacastic either, I say we do it. It'll be like the good all days, the all or nothing days

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Get out of the cities, learn to grow a little of your own food. Learn to hunt..fish..trap..

A country boy can surviiiiiiive

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by peskyhumans

The CCD killed the bees? What? .. I don't see a food shortage, I see prices going up but that's just a side effect of our dollar weakening.. even still, I seriously doubt famine on a large scale will ever hit the US.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Im willing to make a bet the bees didnt die, they were stolen by the wealthy to seed the underground bases food and flower stalks. How hard with over reaching cash is it to swoop up a bunch in mid -air or lure them somewhere? I mean it makes sense that we have a group, they want most of the world dead, the are building underground bases. Planning on blowing up the moon, igniting saturn or jupiter, or just releasing hell on earth in a satanic orgy of meaningless death for some deluded sense of self elation for power. How sick does being a billionaire make someone>very.

Well what the rich dont realise is that the world is this way because they created to be this way, if the rich want anyone done away with, they should start with themselves, as the error lies with them first. And how unappealing is a bunch of snooty control freakism, very. Id love to make a few billion just to buy out people who live like this and ruin there hard work just to shove back in there faces.

Like I have said WE WILL NOT STARVE IF YOU LISTEN TO ME

We have advanced irrigation techniques. lets use them

We have technological knowledge-lets use it

We have a land with acres of farming land-keep on using it with non GMO!!

We have people who are lazy, and living off welfare. THey can be harvesters and planters. In this moneyless future.

What im eluding to is a pseudo agreed shared food communism with the main focus of our countries survival being Food, subsequently liberties and rules interplay with all this. BUt basicly you get it.

Start a backyard garden and share vegetables or something. Its not that hard.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by mastermind77]

new topics

top topics

join