It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define your true essence.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Not to you, not in a million years lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

I've always known love is the answer. It's so corny and cliche that I don't say it much anymore. But, since I was a kid before memories I was this way. My mother told me that when I was two years old visiting my grandparents in Austria, I would pick flowers and give them to various people in the park. It lightened their burden, warmed them, and made them smile. That's all I wanted.

Growing up I still believed that as I studied religion and ran up against competition for the minister-in-training. All I wanted were answers and was told I understood things from a deeper reality than others who were threatened by me. I just couldn't grasp why people were so mean to each other.

Studying spirituality and metaphysics helped a lot, and science with quantum and chaos theory somehow supported my original belief.

Depression and anxiety have follows me as I hardened and learned to make my way through life. But even at this age, that is, to me, the essence - love. If we truly loved one another, our differences would be subjects of interesting study, not reasons to fight wars.

My essence is still love, deep inside me. I've release it as compassion and empathy in my job for 20 years, and my clients have told me so many beautiful and horrible stories.

Yeah, yeah, yeah to all the skeptics. I know that territory too - wanting to believe in love but being terrified of it at the same time.

I still give flowers to strangers, just not with the innocence of a child. Sometimes all the love someone needs is a nod of acknowledgment in a store, opening the door for them, listening. It's very easy from the heart and difficult from the street-smart adult.

Love is the answer.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join