It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester - Liverpool Light In Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hi

So I see another anomoly in the sky this evening whilst driving up the M6 between Manchester and Liverpool in the UK. I had my camera, but the batteries were dead!

Did anyone else see this? Directly above the M6 approx 5-10 miles north of Jct 21a a bright line of light? Only a very short line just hanging in the sky, did nothing for 10mins, I tracked it all the way from Jct 19 but lost sight of it as I turned off.

Apologies no camera just hope someone else saw it and was able to take a photograph of it.

Harry

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
yo, i never seen it, but im in the lancs area and am always intrested in stuff like this!

what did you see ? ive seen some cool things in the air round these parts! (beside blackpoop)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thats thing I have no idea.

Looked like a 3cm pencil drawn line in the sky and very bright, thought it was strange aeroplane lights to begin with until i got to 21a and was very close to it. I have no idea what it was other than that.

Sorry there is not more detail.

Seen a few moving stars in Lancs though, you seen them? What have you seen locally?

Harry

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I never seen the light you're talking about but I have been up and down that motorway zillions of times when I was a courier and have seen something similar, always when I was travelling west back towards gods country (Liverpool). This happened quite a lot when it was sunny and the last few days here in the northwest of England have been beautiful.
The light caught me out many times until one day I managed to get a good look at it and found it was being caused by small private aircraft flying low across the motorway. Seen at a distance with the setting sun reflecting off the body of the plane, it really does look strange.There must be a small landing strip somewhere in that area.
I'm not saying that it is definately what you've seen but reading your account sounds so familiar that I think I may be right.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
What time of the evening was this and which way were you traveling?
I'm aware that the object is North of 21a

Mintwithahole, Barton Aerodrome is close by, also not a million miles away is Manchester International

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hi definitley not a small aircraft but thanks for your post.

It was approx 10pm. I was travelling north from Birmingham, I was half tempted to stop on the hard shoulder, it was bizarre.

HarrY

[edit on 25-6-2009 by arry01]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I live more or less slap bang in
the middle of where you had your
sighting,haven`t heard anything myself,
but the West Lancashire skies have thrown
up some very interesting sights in the
past few years since I moved down here.
I`ll be out in the backgarden with the binoculars
and camera ready just in case!
Nice one for the post!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lancashire seems like a hot spot. This light, do you know if it was travelling on a ley line?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arry01

sorry, late reply, i ended up in bed not long after i posted last night,

ive seen a crap load of things, a few circiluar very high up ufo's(probably jets and angle of the sun),

black/greyed out nimrod flying circles round blackpool ! (that was explained away),

some strange aircraft... strange planes ect, every few weeks a team of people fly past my bit in microlights.

when its dark i get a good few sats (iss my fav)

and a few months ago, i saw a big green fireball (ill link it here) www.abovetopsecret.com...

its very active near the coast in west lancs... i think its due to being between lancaster and warton (raf bases .....warton esspecialy)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

You must be quite near to me?
Warton is rumoured to test out a lot of
new flight technology,alloys,propulsion etc
I`ve personally seen some mad things in the
sky over W Lancs,some definitely military.
I`ve watched a triangular craft over a field nr
Southport on the way back from work and it
was huge,little orbs really high up darting through
the clouds,an oblong blue light that sailed over the
houses before pointing upwards and shooting into
the sky.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

alright alright calm down calm down....Gods country...god must have some nice alloy wheels then...(just kidding).....I saw something like this in Leeds and put a thread up about it......not sure it was an airplane as the altitude seemed very high, almost satelite like but was as bright as Venus...

Have dates and coordinates but not managed to find out through various trackers what it could have been......

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by arry01

There is Winter Hill which has a large transmitter on top. This is North of J21a.
From your description though, I presume the object you was watching was a lot higher in the sky than this if you were able to constantly watch it from J19

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I live in the St Helens Area near the A580 East Lancs Road. On Wednesday evening around 9:30 p.m. I spotted first 4 then more and eventually 9 small lights very high in the sky - they were in the Manchester direction from St Helens travelling in a westerly direction. I tried to rationalise what they were. Were they balloons? They appeared to be drifting slowly but very erratically and not always in the same direction. Were they Chinese Lanterns? - They were so high I doubt that they would have been visible to the naked eye. I looked at them through binoculars (unfortunately not very powerful ones) and they looked round with red on the bottom and white on top. Other members of my family also saw them. We eventually got bored of watching them and went back into the house around 9:50 - they were still there.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by booda

alright alright calm down calm down....Gods country...god must have some nice alloy wheels then...(just kidding).....I saw something like this in Leeds and put a thread up about it......not sure it was an airplane as the altitude seemed very high, almost satelite like but was as bright as Venus...

Have dates and coordinates but not managed to find out through various trackers what it could have been......

From a distance something quite low can seem high and extremely far away! In the early morning, or late evening, as the sun nears the horizon anything flying low will appear extremely weird as the sunlight will reflect not only off the bottom of the aircraft but the top as well leaving the witness with the feeling that they are seeing something truly bizarre.

By the way, really enjoyed your witiscisms concerning Liverpool! Old prejudices die hard!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda

alright alright calm down calm down....Gods country...god must have some nice alloy wheels then...(just kidding).....

Whenever the word Liverpool is mentioned there's always some idiot who spouts off their ignorance, joking or not. Congratulations on being that one. It's actually no different to racism you know, would you spout jokey racism on this board would you? Doubt it.

Anyways, the North West has been swamped with Chinese lanterns lately, resulting in numerous claims of ufo's, although in this case it sounds nothing like lanterns. Bit of a puzzler that is.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Another consideration is a light-aircraft like a Cessna towing a banner perhaps?

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.There must be a small landing strip somewhere in that area.

Have a look at Barton Aerodrome

[edit on 27-6-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

typical scoucer...LOL why it it you all feel so persecuted about everything.!

(i jest btw, i know a load of scoucers and they give as much or more as they get ... being scottish theirs always banter aplenty heeheehee )

if you want, you can call me a tight assed jock... if it makes you feel better!

sorry to go off topic , i dont think their lanterns btw,. ive never even seen one let alone loads, ive been dying to see some so i know what to dismiss though, without seeing them noone can comment though ... lancashire is total mad for crazy unknown aircraft though!

[edit on 27-6-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Taxi for Mr Offended! calm down mate,the guy is just having
a laugh something that is sorely missing from
this website at times!phew

Seriously though I take it your an Ozrics man going by
your location?
Oh and the lanterns thing is beginning to get a bit old
now, having lived down here for a few years I`ve yet
to see one of these in the skies and I live near
a lot of Chinese people...it`s a smoke screen,how many
people on here had heard of "chinese lanterns" a year ago?
Chill pill!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I hold my hands up and apologise to Booda my manner, I was wound up at the time due to something else and typed before I thought. Mind you, those Liverpool jokes are so so very stale, people need some new material.

Elmer, I did mention lanterns and I've seen people set them off lots of times but I did also say that in this particular case it did not seem like lanterns. You're right about me being an Ozrics fan

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
You're right about me being an Ozrics fan

Cool and the gang my man,have seen the Ozrics on
many occasion as well as Hawkwind...ah bubble machines
how I miss them!

Sorry for the OT post!

new topics

top topics

join