It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 years to ET-Disclosure

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Im not saying that malevolent beings do not exist. In fact, my actual opinion is that if we invoke and summon contact to ETs today, they would be of the malevolent sort, because only that sort would interfere at our current stage of development and only that sort would be a reality-frame-match for our own sort...

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Bingo.
Steve "disclosure king" Bassett lost close to 30grand to his "disclosure by May 31st or else....ummm well make another date up" conferance.
This was due to the economic crisis triggering cancellations on alot of pre-bookings and a reduction in the normal walk up entries into the events, most of the key speakers were promoting books too btw etc.

I for one don't think the PRG disclosure effort makes any sense, but hey what do I know there are a whole lot of conferances lined up in early 2010 that I could attend to try and make sense of it though.

On your Original post.
Nice work.
I thought though, that using certain cultural changes like the industrial revolution etc was a little off. Et's are external factors believed in or thought to exist or at least be possible in some way or form. But we do this with othr figures just like God, or the Anti-christ. I use these two examples as(God and the anti-christ) similar figures that have been thought to eventually be discovered or make themselves known or that will be "disclosed" soon, and we have been doing this for thousands of years, just like Et's are now thought of in the same way, that they are there, that only believers accept this amd that eventually everyone else we be told this by authorities or that these Et's will make themselves know to us.
I think it is reasonable for us to envisage where our own ideas, technology and culture maybe heading(which you point out in your OP quite well), but I believe this reason gets blurred when we start to include abstract figures, or unknown entities.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by davedat2
On a slight negative i would like to say that i dont think i can agree that the massive events you talk about, the fall of the roman empire, industrial revolution etc, can all be spoken of in one generalisation.

What I meant to say is that todays UFOlogy is a foreshadowing of things to come, just like 19th Century Sci-Fi was a foreshadowing of things to come.

Humans have the ability to "sense" things before they happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
this thread has to be one of the most logical ones I have seen. hundreds of years ago, for people of America, people in China, Japan, India, etc. were these "aliens" we speak of today. and look at us now. they are not the best of friends with them but they do know about them and are in contact with them. if there happens to be another group of beings out in the vast space, than eventually something or other will happen, and we will be united with them. sooner or later they will become China to Americans.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

Steve "disclosure king" Bassett lost close to 30grand to his "disclosure by May 31st or else....ummm well make another date up" conferance.

I'm assuming not all of that 30 grand was his own money. I guess that counts as a scam, but perhaps not if it's intentions are truly genuine (if perhaps misguided). It's like giving money to an cancer research charity. Sure, these charities don't promise a cure to cancer by May 31, but I don't know that Basset actually promised disclosure.

At any rate, I'd personally need confirmation of 30g lost, and also that the 30g is in fact lost and that none of it will be funnelled into other disclosure projects.

BTW, I'm not saying we need disclosure as much as we need a cure for cancer, just making a comparison.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev

I'm assuming not all of that 30 grand was his own money. I guess that counts as a scam, but perhaps not if it's intentions are truly genuine (if perhaps misguided).
If the best intention is to make money, then Basset was misguided or perhaps unlucky that economically, things are bad for buisness.

It's like giving money to an cancer research charity. Sure, these charities don't promise a cure to cancer by May 31, but I don't know that Basset actually promised disclosure.
Your comparison is assinine. Cancer charities don't tell you that the Govt. has the cure for cancer but won't disclose it, in a conferance that you have to pay to attend, where you hear people tell you that in "their book or DVD" they have insider knowledge and whistler blowers accounts detailing this cure exists but needs to be disclosed.

At any rate, I'd personally need confirmation of 30g lost, and also that the 30g is in fact lost and that none of it will be funnelled into other disclosure projects.
Here the man tell you himself, Veritas Show with Mel Fabregas had him on last week. Go to iTunes and subscribe. It is free btw.

BTW, I'm not saying we need disclosure as much as we need a cure for cancer, just making a comparison.
Well, you comparison is dumb.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
wait? you're telling me I have to try and stick around for another 141 years(2009-2150)? Bah, forget that excuse me while I go get a crunch wrap at Taco Bell.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Aron1138]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
isn't this just simply the gambler's fallacy... the mistaken notion that the odds for something with a fixed probability increase or decrease depending upon recent occurrences.

aka just because it took 100-300 years for things to happen before doesn't mean it will happen in this instance?

oh by the way, other than the prediction everything else you said was on point and a good read

[edit on 25-6-2009 by dannyfal]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

If the best intention was to make money, then it was a scam. If the best intention was to discover the truth, it was deluded or misguided (without witness to his interaction with 'sources' it's impossible to tell)

Assinine is a bit strong I feel. Neither did Bassett's claims offer his supporters a chance at life if they paid. Whether it's hidden by a group of people, or hidden by nature, both groups offer the assurance that what their supporters seek (ie disclosure/cancer cure) exists and is obtainable.

And while the current cancer treatments are not directly linked to these cancer charities, it's fair to say that the amount the cost is comparable to the cost of these books and dvds that Bassett's people sell.

I'm not saying it's a spot on, 1 for 1 comparison, but it's far from assinine.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by TheStev]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As I see it Disclosure and Contact has already been made it is just not accepted.

Skyfloating your threads are always enjoyable.

I will admit with everything that is going on at this time on the Planet it is hard to figure out what is going on....is it for the good or not.

Things have to change drastically for human survival. We do need to get off Fossil Fuels now and even more importantly we need to Plant trees and Plants in mass there is a reason thoughout time you hear the words "The Tree of Life."

From what I was shown by the beings I go to, this Planet will survive but the peoples will not if they do not wake Spiritually and realize "life" is what is most important. All the people have to work together for one another.

I was shown that if humans "don't change" and clean up what they destroyed that on March 17, 2046...........almost all will be void.

Now I understand that members will take me as "one of those" but we have to move past are ufo's and aliens real or are ufo's alien ships.

Yes, ufo's and alien's are real the ships are piloted by alien's these beings are able to travel the Universe and are here so they are Terrestrial and Extraterrestrial.

The truth's that people need will come in time and as "THEY" say, whatever is to be will be.

Alien's are not going to come down and repair the destruction mankind has caused this race has to repair it themselves. As they say, we will only confer one time to interfere and that is if you are about to destroy Earth for if you destroy Earth you would destroy our Laboratory.

Interfere is an interesting word and this one can be taken different ways by different people.

Sadly time is ticking quickly

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If people fail to see the design within themselves, how are they gonna see it on the outside of themselves, and there are those in human guises, why do we not know we are already looking at a Disclosure, because the dumbed down ones are still in power. Little by little, the advancement of Earth happens through its children, I can't wait to see how they showcase this century. This is the time for "Gathering" all the worlds energy and using it to advance the hue-man race. Maybe within our abilities lies the importance of another tommorrow.

The existance of being somewhere and anywhere matters not but where your at in the present moment. Fear over rides confusion when we release our habits of control. We must let go of what we think the world is and let the world release its potential.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I`ll put $5 Dollars against that.

Run it! LOL.....

We know you have had contact, but a lot of us haven't and some of us really, really hope that day comes very soon. Plus I have my research and sources, as well my own logic and feelings (almost an oxymoron right?). You said "you can't wait till 2500 when there is teleportation booths", care to share your aging secret with the rest of the board my friend?lol

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

Originally posted by Truth hunter
You forget buddy, that time is speeding up exponentially and our exchange of information and the level of technology brings it closer like nothing before. You might be wrong on this. We not only plan for Disclosure it is happening massively and not only behind the curtains.

what good
is the speeding
of time
when
you are falling
into
abyss

look around
you, your
planet is dying

and time is
speeding up
to Her death

You're right on that.
But if Disclosure happened as soon as possible we could save Her...
There are good people on the inside knowing this better than we do.
So I think you won't have to wait that long

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
We know you have had contact, but a lot of us haven't and some of us really, really hope that day comes very soon.

Isnt it a bit narcissistic to be saying "I want it to come sooner so that I´ll be around to see it". We have the development-level of an entire civilization to consider. Precious Humanity. No point in exposing them to the vastness of the universe when they`re not even comfortable with the vastness of the world?

Plus I have my research and sources, as well my own logic and feelings (almost an oxymoron right?)

No oxymoron...the perfect union

Anyway...of course it might be much sooner. But I seriously doubt 2012 (if you think its 2012 let me know and I´ll challenge that).

You said "you can't wait till 2500 when there is teleportation booths", care to share your aging secret with the rest of the board my friend?lol

I am consciousness. Im not a body.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have a feeling if nothing happens by 2012, extraterrestrial contact with Earth never existed and the government was responsible for all of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
I have a feeling if nothing happens by 2012, extraterrestrial contact with Earth never existed and the government was responsible for all of it.

Nah, because my family have been visited .... as have I.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

I wouldnt put my hopes in the 2012-cult.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannyfal
isn't this just simply the gambler's fallacy... the mistaken notion that the odds for something with a fixed probability increase or decrease depending upon recent occurrences.

aka just because it took 100-300 years for things to happen before doesn't mean it will happen in this instance?

oh by the way, other than the prediction everything else you said was on point and a good read

Yes, re-considering the OP, thats a fallacy.

Nevertheless, metaphysically speaking, or speaking in terms of the hundredt-monkey-syndrome, a certain cricial mass has to be reached before something comes into being for all. I really dont see that critical mass reached yet. Not even close to it.

The bigger fallacy is that members of a tiny fringe-movement called UFOlogy believing that everyone else thinks just like they do.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Nice post. But may I suggest that the future is not fixed in any usable way and that it can ALL change for the better or worse on any given day?

While such warnings and date-predictions may serve to awaken some, I cant possibly conceive how they would have any validity in a field of possibilities that is ever-shifting.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well you know me, narcissistic jkrog!

LOL

I think that 2012 very well could be disclosure, but I have always thought that we will have a public landing around 2012-11, with 2012 being the start of a major battle, That is my take on it anyways.

Of course I am probably wrong but you know..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join