It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 years to ET-Disclosure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I disagree aswell, (I can't believe I am disagreeing with Skyfloating).

I believe that disclosure is coming sooner than we first thought. Everything points to it. I say the human race does not have long left on this planet without disclosure.

I am not saying that ebe's will save the human race, I am saying that humans will save the human race once the blinkers have been taken off and people can actually see for themselves the slavery that has engulfed this planet.

I believe that certain things happen for a reason in this universe and even TPTB don't have control over this as they think they do, To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction thats life and applies to everything even in the metaphysical.

Yes TPTB will disclose on their terms and try to tighten the control of this planet but for how long? how long before another race tries to overthrow the original PTB? , how long before the people of this planet rise up and say enough is enough? How long before the pawns put the king in check?

Its a slow progress because first of all people have to come to terms that they are not the superior beings they thought they were, and will have to be put in their place in order to realise their true purpose in this world and I can assure you its got absolutely nothing to do with MONEY - POWER and GREED.

Exciting and worrying times ahead.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Good Post, and good point brought to light.

I am someone who feels as if contact is within my lifetime. Though, sometimes in retrospect I wonder if it's just greed that makes me think so. Is it vain to accept that I have a special front row seat in the whole history of humanity for the contact of another intelligent species? I dunno.

It's kinda like how people have always felt like they were living in the end times, though that has turned out to be false for all previous generations that thought as much.

Truthfully, I would have to admit, the future generations of humanity do have a better shot through the advancement of technologies and civil understanding at making a contact than the generations alive today.

But, none the less, I still cross my fingers.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Very nice post, but I disagree.
Think back to the 50s and 60s...they didn't go about gradually with disclosure back then: Ufos, Aliens, Abductions, Killer Tomatoes, the Full Monty was "unleashed" to the population, and I can't recall people having heart attacks en masse as a consequence of it.
Disclosure is near, and when it finally happens it will be a day of joy and it will feel natural: after all they are our brothers and sisters

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
1st Contact
What if we will be swallowed by soulless computer like organisms that had originated on another solar system? The speed at which they will colonise Earth, record All Earth Data and make it (and therefore us) virtual will be unnoticeable.

2nd Contact
What if there is no such thing as interference and non-interference? What if the contact with ET's is completely voluntary - anyone at anytime can join Universal Society. What if life in Universe has a natural openness towards new members and all you need is the willingness and technology to do that. The technology could range from using Ayahuasca, Loving unconditionally, Teleporting to another dimension, Breaking the speed of light... or it is not discovered yet.

3rd Contact
What if most contacts with ET's has a cyclical structure - i.e. once in 24 000 years stars align in a specific manner making it possible to have a one way ticket to another solar system?

4th Contact
What if this type of Universe is so scarce (among trillions of other universes) that species, who have evolved into individual energy balls, from other universes are breaking into or looking for ways to break into this Universe?

5th Contact
What if life evolved differently on other planets - very high temperatures or very low temperatures or in completely different environment (like breathing Helium, high atmospheric pressure...)? Then we would not be able to shake hands and have a drink.

6th COntact
What if evolution on other planets has created a different kind of high consciousness? I.E collective - similar to bees or any other. May be planetary - the whole planet is an organism...

==============================

What if life on other planets is something I or you can not even think about or imagine?

What if ET's are walking around us, seeing us, trying to talk with to us without any success? Because we can not see them, hear them or feel them. What if their body is made from magnetic field or a field that is not discovered yet?

What if consciousness in other places has evolved without body limitations?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well written piece.

Unfortunately, you have not accounted for accelerated change.

In your examples you set out your reasons for a 200 year timeframe based on historical precedent. But you failed to factor in the fact that as we become more and more sophisticated, everything happens at a more accelerated rate. Including information exchange and cultural changes.

e.g. Prior to mass telecommunications, a simple message would take weeks to deliver...sometimes much longer, now it is instantaneous.

Travel to the other side of the world would've taken months..now less than a day.

Mankind has dreamed of travelling to the moon and other planets for thousands of years, yet once the commitment to go had been made, it took less than 10 years to realise it.

The average person, in the west at least, is far more technologically savvy than say, his or her 18th century counterpart.

With an understanding or familiarity with advanced technological concepts, humans are far more able to look with an educated eye, rather than a superstituous one.

What may have appeared as magic or 'the work of the devil' just a century ago, is perfectly understood and accepted as technological fact.

What may have taken a couple of hundred years to 'acclimatise' to say in the 17th or 18th centuries, would perhaps only take a decade or two in the modern world, simply because people are more open to technology and advances in it, than they were way back when.

So when you factor this in, you'll realise we are in fact overdue for disclosure, not 150 years away from it. (especially when one argues that carrying on as we are, is going to lead to a worse planetary catastrophy than any social impact from the news of disclosure would...as for economic collapse...have you been keeping up with world economics? The economic collapse has already happened.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
You have so many valid points, I think we all want this so much and might be getting ahead of ourselves. I know that when I read that it would take at least 200 years it felt as though I had nothing left to live for..

Although I do think that we cant realy predict how fast we will advance technologicaly or spiritualy..things happen faster and faster each year... I also think that the government might not accually hold all the reighns in this one. If they decide to make themselves known, I doubt that they would consult the government before doing so.
If they where trying to keep themselves secret for now, they wouldnt be flying around for millions of people to see.. Unless they understand the phases we are going through and know that the majoraty of the population has no voice or power in the times we are living in against the government.

Way too many probabilities, ifs ands or buts to figure this one out.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnJetson

The majority of people are only ignorant through conditioning, not choice.

The social conditioning aspect to Ufology, especially in the west, has been one of the major success stories of the cover-up.

Most people will watch the evening news, and titter along with the newsreader, when the 'loony' Ufo story titbit come up on the news.

That and the presenters' mocking smiles are enough of a mental 'cue' to most watching, that the whole subject is a joke...and anyone who seriously contemplates the subject is treated to cringeworthy ridicule.
I have personally seen this happen dozens of times on TV.

It's always the same thing...the UFO story snippet is usually regarded and presented as a joke or light feature, and consequently sneered and laughed at. All it takes is for this to happen regularly enough, and you have instant ignorance of most of the subject. Not really out of choice, but more social conditioning.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i think this is a great post! star from me

but one thing bothers me
when talkin about selfishness and greediness of nations on rights who fly first, who has landing base, blah,blah..
wouldn't NWO be only solution then
one world goverment who represents earth
imagine that there are a vast number of alien species and there is a alliance. they send a representative to earth and he must talk to all the earth's nations.
he can ask for a paycheck rise immediately

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Wish I could give you an applause for that, but a star will have to do. Exactly what I was thinking... And agree with you 100% We are infact way overdue but as I've said in my previous reply.. Why is it up to the government to decide when disclosure happens? Surely if they wanted to make themselves known, they would not need permition from anyone.. or is it a 'respect' factor?...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Disseminating various pieces of Information through the new field of UFOlogy for the subcurrent of mass-consciousness that is ready and willing to accept it.

I think that is whats really going on anyway. Not sure if you were just illustrating from a hypothetical perspective or if this is your true opinion of our current time frame.

Its interesting that you mention a new field of UFOlogy, I think times are changing for that, and I hope to see real change on that front. However the disclosure crowd arent gonna go away anytime soon sadly.

I've said before that its a hopeless cause and people like Stephen Bassett have taken their personal issues too far. So much so that hes willing to do anything, even if it means going the questionable route like Greer.

And if its not Bassett then its some other huckster making false promises to scam people, like that Cohen guy from all-news-web.

I say that if anyone wants disclosure then they first should study UFOlogy properly and come to their own conclusions for the time being, people could learn a lot from Skyfloating, I certainly have. If only more people worked as hard as you do with this subject Sky. I live in hope.

At any rate, IMHO I think it may take longer than 200 years, Ive always been saying 400 or 500. Just think of how much acclimatization increases in one year... increments and small doses! - Planet Earth obviously needs a higher dose than 200 years, it seems you are more optimistic than myself.

Meanwhile, 200 years is not that far away (broader perspective)

Cheers,

[edit on 25/6/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

I like that and I like the way you think!
all of those are valid assumptions due to the simple fact the we are mere humans and we have a lot to learn.. people might think its crazy now but youre probably right on at least one of those theories.. A long while ago people where covinced the earth was flat and that everything revolved around us-what a humbeling experience it must have been when they where proven wrong!

GOOD READ! You get a star! x

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

No probs. All I know is that I know nothing compared to what is ''knowable'' and that everything is possible.

Slavery scenarios are ridiculous anyway, because we live in a
perfectly covered slavery society already - it can't get much worse.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Think about it this way.....50s-NOW.....is DISCLOSURE>>>>>>.......
....Now its all down to put it....FACTUAL....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
the OP maintains some sort of cosmic, orchestrated disclosure process. And we humans are simply hapless, uniterable participants.

On the contrary, I think its 100% in our hands when to join the intergalactic community.

Just like its North Koreas choice when to join the rest of the world and give up their isolationist views.

I agree on a lot of what you say, but none the less, you are leaving the "choice" up to somebody else.

Any single individual can have contact, imo.

Originally posted by esteay812
Take the car for example. When it was made the United States and other Industrialized nations were ready for it, but many nations weren't and still aren't today. If we had waited for some of the tribes of Africa to catch up technologically and philosophically we may still be waiting to drive our Model T. And what about the radical idea that all people are equal. I know it is a touchy subject, but if someone hadn't taken immediate action against racial inequality we may still be drinking from separate water fountains, and thinking it is the right way to be. What would happen if we eased those principals into place?

Those things took a long time in coming. At the time of horse-carriages there was already talk of "driving machines". In the 17th Century there was already talk of racial equality here and there (some already practicing it in SECRET). They were eased into place and only appeared radical to those who had never considered it.

Also, if we go by history and the speed of advancement wouldn't 200 years in 1700 be like 10-15 years now?

As many here have mentioned, exponential growth could speed up the process...

Surely we haven't crossed the last great frontier (on our planet). what's next? Faster than light travel, instantaneous communication, tele-portation? I would settle for any of those I guess.

A guess: By 2050 we wont be buying laptops/TVs/Funs but will be wearing something around our wrists that projects somewhat of a virtual Holo-Deck around us. Flying Cars too. By 2500 airports, train-stations, cars, sky-cars, etc. will be extinct as we`ll all travel in teleportation-booths. Really looking forward to it all.

Originally posted by jkrog08
The time is coming, the time is now. In my very humble opinion the time will be here very soon.

I`ll put $5 Dollars against that.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

July 16, 2186 : Solar eclipse[6] of 7 min 29 s (very close to the theoretical maximum). This is predicted to be the longest eclipse during the current 10,000 year period, from 4000 BC to AD 6000 (eclipse predictions by Fred Espenak, NASA/GSFC.DEPP)[7].

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating, I love your posts. They're always well composed and on such interesting subjects, but I have to say I find your reasoning a little specious on this particular occasion. We don't have enough of a real historical record to show what 'people' were 'talking about' throughout history.

Sure, we can show some references to certain subjects in literature, even in media, but that's very different from what's in the mind of the public conscious. That's just such a difficult thing to judge from history. To use it as a measuring stick for disclosure is a little dodgy.

Also, I'm of the belief that the world is beyond repair. It must be broken down in order to be rebuilt. Maybe that's my depressive cynical catastrophilic nature, but that's how I view the 'should' question.

On disclosure in general, it's synonymous with revelation. I don't mean that in a biblical sense (although that did just occur to me which is kinda cool) I mean that someone is going to decide to reveal. Disclosure means that someone tells us they've been hiding the UFO presence. That's about considering the someone, not the public conscious. Sure, they're obvious people in power, and they're react to the public conscious, but you're gauging the someone, not the public.

Otherwise, we're talking first contact. They're not the same thing, although they're often discussed as if they are. But even with first contact, I think it's a big leap to say aliens wouldn't be evil. To say that evil breeds self-destruction is like scientists saying 'planets capable of supporting life'. What they mean is 'planets capable of supporting life as we know it', but that's far less definitive. Point is, who knows what planets could have life, and who knows what effect evil would have on the society of another race.

Also, crap happens. If we got so far as to nuke each other, and aliens had any kind of interest in this planet - for resources, let alone humans as a race, they'd intervene. Maybe if an asteroid hit. Or perhaps the aliens themselves have some kind of emergency and despite their non-intervention policy (which I do agree they are likely to have), they are forced to make contact.

There's just so many variables, that it's interesting to discuss, but it's impossible to come to a conclusion, let alone put a year on it.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by TheStev]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
If someone has a "secret" agenda and their intentions are not in your best interest they are usually sneaky and dishonest.

I starred your post a few pages back. Great work. The only thing I`d like to object to is this statement. Secrecy has been employed in the past to hide from tyrants. Its also been employed to hide destructive technology (such as the high-altitude electromagnetic bomb). Despite the belief-system of the conspiracy-theorist, not all secrecy is evil.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Well, if this was composed by someone with less seniority on ATS this could have easily been dismissed but its been written by skyfloating and will problably hurt a few people who are looking for disclosure pretty soon....

I personally would love disclosure to come soon but I think skyfloating is right. Maybe not 200 years but at least 50 -100 yrs before its known.

I know people here say we are ready on ATS but thats why were on this site...I wouldnt like to see what happens to the general population if disclosure is announced.....I think it will be a bad thing and needs slowly addressing...

Have you ever thought that we are just not meant to know....If we were, we would have known by now....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Summary-Reply to everyone who says Im wrong because of exponential growth and accelerated pace:

You may be right. I failed to consider exponential growth in the OP. However, 200 years is not a long time from the viewpoint of a greater cosmic context. From the perspective of ETs who have been around all along, 200 years could feel like a few weeks.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I am truly impressed by this entire thread and all its participants. Bravo. It's so refreshing to see such intelligent debate and discussion in the Aliens and UFO section of this website, instead of people bashing each other about a UFO video and how its CGI blah blah blah etc etc. I thank Skyfloating for making such a great and well thought up thread, it is greatly appreciated. It is better than going to the Aliens and UFO section and seeing a bunch of threads that are very lame. examples, "I am an alien" or, "OMG undeniable proof of aliens" and stuff of that nature. I am glad you made a thread that is written well and all that jazz.

But after giving you all that praise, I would like to say once again I don't think it is going to take 200 years to disclose. Like others have said, maybe the aliens have their own plans on when they want to come down and make themselves known to the masses. Let's say that happens, and the entire world sees UFOs and aliens. It's not like the news stations are going to be like "yeah... those aren't UFOs, its just massive amounts of swamp gas!" They are gonna have to come clean if something like that happened you know? So yeah, that's my two cents before I go off to bed. Good night!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join