It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 years to ET-Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d1f2e3584af.jpg[/atsimg]
Contemporary Smalltown Architecture of the Year 2150

If you look at History you know that from the time people start talking about something to it coming true a time-span of about 100 to 300 years passes. For example, people started talking about an Industrial Revolution and Machines in the 17th Century, and it came true in the 19th Century. People were talking about the fall of the Roman Empire hundreds of years before it actually happened. Some were talking about a "worldwide information exchange net" in the 19th Century and it comes true as the Internet in the 21st Century.

Widespread discussion of UFOs and Extraterrestrials began around 1950 so we should have full contact by 2150.

Im writing this because, unfortunately we learn nothing about mass-consciousness, streams of energy, introducing change-to-mass-consciousness, etc. in school. This is also for everyone demanding "Disclosure of Extraterrestrial Life" will happen soon, demanding "the secrecy to end".

There are very good reasons I think it should not, must not, will not happen anytime soon. (But: From a broader perspective 200 years is pretty soon)

The people ready for Disclosure make up around 1% of the World Population. Those insisting on Disclosure even less. For the rest of the planet, Disclosure at anything other than the current snail pace would lead to psychological, social and economic breakdown.

Introducing change into mass-consciousness is a slow process. Introducing a higher system to a lower system needs to be done gently, giving the old system time to adapt. Some examples:

* Trying to make countries that are not ready for democracy "democratic" leads to widespread fear, hatred and war
* Trying to teach a girl in kindergarden calculus before she has learned simple math will lead to overwhelm.
* Trying to water a plant by breaking an entire dam over it, destroys the plant.

Introducing Extraterrestrial Civilizations to Humanity at this point in time would have some unpleasant consequences:

* Desperate Greed and Competitiveness
"Our country gets exclusive interview rights with the Alien!"
"We get the technology, you dont!"
"It was me, me, me, me that was chosen to fly with them!"

* Lack of Representatives
"Damn, we did not have time to get our act together because we did not believe you guys were coming. Which nation to we choose our representative from?"

* Breakdown of Religious Values
Since an immature Society does not know morals and ethics without forceful religious conditioning the breakdown of those values and religion in general will generate chaos on a massive scale.

* Inferiority Complexes
Feelings of Inferiority among the Populace who realizes its just a speck in a much bigger Universe. Contact would, at this stage be disempowering rather than empowering.

Dont believe me? Read some of the threads here to get an idea on which level the "leading edge UFO-enthusiasts" are:

"Will ETs stop our Wars?"

"Will ETs solve our Energy Crisis?"

"Will ETs unite the World?"

"Will ETs get me off of this damn planet?"

Having a bunch of people readily willing to give up their self-reliance just because a few spacecraft are flying around is an indicator of immaturity.

* Incompatability of Energy/Mentality-Levels

The result of having one type of reality-level meet a foreign one is overwhelm. Ive always considered myself calm and "open for contact", but in the few instances I actually had real broad daylight UFO-Sightings my body froze up in shock. Had I not been frozen with fear I`d have run for the hills. So much for my "readiness".

Now imagine an elderly lady who has been content living a simple life on a farm all her life. She has never been to the city. Then, one day, she takes that trip. Will she be overwhelmed and uneasy? You bet!

However, that city-visit is nothing compared to the UFO landing in her garden. Probable result? Instant heart-attack.

And yet...a bunch of people are calling for "Disclosure" and saying contact will happen this year or next year or by 2012. If that were so, it would lead to the traumatization and eventual destruction of humanity. Is that what you guys want?

From my understanding, contact with certain individuals will happen until that time, but most certainly not a revelation towards the world as a whole. For that to happen the world would need to be whole in the first place.

Until that time we`ll continue to have snail-pace-familiarization:

Stage 1

This started with science-fiction literature and movies. The first stage is science-fiction that portrays aliens as ugly and evil. The majority of works in the last 100 years have portrayed aliens this way. Its the only way a certain frame of mind (one that lacks self-confidence) can handle the concept.

Stage 2

Disseminating various pieces of Information through the new field of UFOlogy for the subcurrent of mass-consciousness that is ready and willing to accept it.
For the rest of society, its the ocassional mini-revelation such as "Is there water on Mars?" "Are we alone in the Universe?" "Could there be ETs out there?", SETI, etc.
We are currently going through this stage. Most of the evidence of UFOs and ETs remains very vague, keeping mass-consciousness SAFE. And if hard evidence is found now and then, it is either not noticed/perceived by most or mysteriously "goes lost". This is in part due to a little bit of a cover-up but it is also due to the nature of human perception itself. Something that is not accepted as real is difficult to perceive/notice.

Stage 3

The next stage from 2030 onward (and not 2012 imo) will see an increase in witness-accounts, sightings and more optimistically oriented science-fiction. Furthermore, Extraterrestrial Life will be admitted to, but projected to be elsewhere, just not "too close to home". This should be disclosed by around 2050 and send shockwaves through mass-consciousness. How quickly these events come to pass depends on various political and economic factors. The Internet itself, is, in my opinion, one step in the direction required to connect to ETs. If humans are not properly connected and in exchange, there will be no connecting to other species.

Stage 4

This stage, from the year 2100 onward will see a popularization of the ET idea, several celebrities and politicians disclosing ET presence (without any official contact having been made yet). Since this is more in the distance on the timeline its hard to say how it will play out. It will probably not be one specific day and hour in which their craft land on the lawn of the White House and hold a speech to the world, but more of a gradual thing, first with communication-lines being established to another civilization (officially), before they arrive here in the flesh at a wide range of locations. Stage 4 also includes the realization that many ET civilizations dont even exist in the "flesh" as we understand it (in my opinion).

Stage 5

Stage 5, from 2150 onward will include official announcements by Government and the declassification of past contacts. Before the average joe goes into communication, trade, exchange with them, the ruling class will. In later stages, extraterrestrial races will be no different than what foreign countries are for us today. What foreign countries are for us today will suddenly feel so much more familiar than realms beyond earth.

Disclaimer: All of this is only my opinion based on observation of History, the UFO Phenomenon and the Behavior of Mass-Consciousness. It is not my intent to prove anything, only to offer an alternative viewpoint on the subject and find out what others predict.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Extrapolating from this basic idea it is my humble opinion that:

* Advanced Extraterrestrial races are unlikely to be evil because evil breeds self-destruction rather than advancement.

* Advanced ETs are likely to have a non-interference policy for the reasons stated.

* A "sudden shift" as in the 2012-Theories circulating is highly unlikely. It is more likely that things such as the Internet are an indicator of this new age than a sudden "return of the Gods" on December 21st 2012.

* Not all lack of knowledge about UFOs is due to a government cover-up. A large part is also due to adaption/perception difficulties. Imo many government officials are just as bewildered as we are.

* A Oneness of the Planet (not the so-called "NWO", not a loss of national sovereignty or individuality, but a Oneness that mainstains diversity) is required to communicate with other civilizations out there.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Excellent points made.

Heck, I'm still waiting on those Personal Gyrocopters that Popular Mechanics has been promising for decades.

Regards.....KK

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I like what you did there.

But the real problem is. Do you really give this world another 200 years? We want this.. but more importantly, we need this. If we can't save ourselves, who can?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Extrapolating from this basic idea it is my humble opinion that:

* Advanced Extraterrestrial races are unlikely to be evil because evil breeds self-destruction rather than advancement.

* Advanced ETs are likely to have a non-interference policy for the reasons stated.

I disagree, I believe that if they come here there is a good chance it's not for a house party but a conflict. If oxygen atmospheres are scarce they may be looking for realestate and are likely to be hostile to us.

If FTL travel doesn't exist then you could have small genrational convoys of scientific study travelling from system to system. I still doubt they have non interference. I always liked the Larry Niven story about the 'Monks' and the travelling luxury goods ship and I figured that would be our first type of contact.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
you bring up some really good points, and i just about wholly agree. I think before man uses FTL travel we have some issues that need to be worked out first. We are really in the baby stage right now, i wish i was born in the future, but then again i am content here. Imagining how cool things will be in the future gets me no where, even though it is fun. I think technology can be advanced to an almost god like state, depending on how long the developer has been around. We have all seen what our technology is capable of, and it really really is still only in infancy. Assuming the human race is not wiped out, can you imagine where we would be in another 20,30 or 40,000 years? ( hopefully not like warhammer 40k, thats for sure lol. )

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
IMO, using human analogies doesn't work on this subject because you're dealing with an external extraterrestrial force. At least if the subject has truth to it.

If highly advanced ETs are coming to this planet then we're at their mercy and discretion as to how and when they'll make themselves known. Any timeline our governments may have, and I do not believe they have one for disclosure, may be nowhere near what ETs have in mind if they decide to announce their presence.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Yeah. That part might be wishful thinking on my side. Lack of oxygen, lack of the right genes, lack of water...anything could be driving them.

The reason I project benevolence onto ETs is because, in my Cosmology, they've been around the whole time. They've been aware of us, we have not been aware of them. The ancient Vedas as well as many other ancient myths speak of "Sky People" and "Sky Gods" deciding on non-interference toward humanity because of the disastrous consequences interference has created. This is not the place to go into it, but thats kind of where Im coming from.

Another thing to keep in mind is that more evolved or resourceful beings are less inclined to subdue other beings.

Also keep in mind that much of the fear of evil aliens comes from all the movies and literature that teach just that.

That said...of course there is no guarantee that they`re nice.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveGeneric
I like what you did there.

But the real problem is. Do you really give this world another 200 years? We want this.. but more importantly, we need this. If we can't save ourselves, who can?

In any case I think its irresponsible to desire ETs to solve our stuff for us.
I dont know whether we will make it, but humanity is pretty tough.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by deloneninja
Assuming the human race is not wiped out, can you imagine where we would be in another 20,30 or 40,000 years? ( hopefully not like warhammer 40k, thats for sure lol. )

My imagination goes blank about 10 000 years into the future and then goes to "spiritual realms" rather than more technological advancement...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
IMO, using human analogies doesn't work on this subject because you're dealing with an external extraterrestrial force. At least if the subject has truth to it.

Maybe so. If ETs are very dissimilar to us, then everything we say about them is nonsense. But if life in the Universe is generally similar to us, we can make half-valid predictions on their behavior.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Frith

Maybe so. If ETs are very dissimilar to us, then everything we say about them is nonsense. But if life in the Universe is generally similar to us, we can make half-valid predictions on their behavior.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Skyfloating]

very true.

And the problem is, we don't know which one it is!!!
Those of us that haven't been abducted by reptilians that is.

i think one way possibly to describe life in the universe would be to take a pie graph. Numbering 1 to 100, each .001 sized sliver of the graph is a different life form, so humans would be one type of life in the universe, with almost endless other possibilities. I think it really all depends on the given conditions and that the path of evolution that occurs depends on the conditions present(look at the dinosaurs) but that is all just IMO.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

bloody hell that's a ways off.

I hope they develop some sort of life extension so that I can see the day

dreams are cheap!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This thread speaks to me
I think you have very valid and sound assumptions and reasoning, people should take note of this thread and heed the hidden warning within it if they want to move this subject forward.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
In my opinion i think disclosure will actually end up happening much sooner than 200 years. My reasoning behind this is that humans are technologically advancing very quickly. What I mean by that is even within the past 10-15 years, more people have come to accept the possibility of life on other planets because of alternative media like the internet. I believe that this trend will continue to increase, and that more people will believe because of all the evidence we have here on the internet. As the months and the years go by, the evidence will keep stacking up more and more here on the internet. More people will be using the internet to get the latest news, instead of from the mainstream media on television. Yeah, that's my opinion. please share yours.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have many views on this matter

If you believe in density's and the universe...how we are in the 3rd density. 3rd density, the primary goal is to "LEARN RIGHT FROM WRONG" (if my research is correct)
if that's so, and these aliens are in a "HIGHER DENSITY" then the obvious answer is NO they will not help us. There is a huge difference between KNOWING the answer...and UNDERSTANDING the answer.
"here humans take this technology fix your #, horay!" were saved...
but we never LEARNED nor struggled to UNDERSTAND and APPRECIATE IT,thus it would cause a PROBLEM in density's
They say 2012 might bring the movement of 4th density here on earth,or rather its already starting. maybe until then they CANT help us (you have to understand they WOULD know the universe A LOT better than us)

Would it honestly be in our best interest to help us? imagine we bump up to 300 years of technology over night. How would that help our Earth?
economically
spiritually
religiously
etc.
would just there mere presence, disrupt human's so much so...that riots,mass suicides,deaths,killing would occur. You have to think how the WORLD would feel if aliens showed up (yes i know most of us "ARE READY")
but like they say...you can say I WOULDN'T BE AFRAID OF DEATH, but until your faced with it..you TRUELLY know your character.
I always said i wasn't afraid of death no biggie, when i almost died, i freaked and remembered saying in my mind...im not ready to die...to much to do and see...hense...i THOUGHT i knew what i wanted but did i really? (off topic)
anyways...they seen humans...they studied us...they know that TRUELLY this probably wouldn't be the best. If anything they migh TEACH US, and let us discover the answers for ourselves.

I watched transformers 2 last night and Optimus prime responded to the "head guy" about why he wouldn't share there weapons with humans he flat out said;
we seen you humans,your wars,your capacity for hate. us sharing our weapons would NOT be in the best interest to the human race.
quite bluntly and honestly put (sorry not a DIRECT QUOTE)

3. Quite honestly they just dont trust us. why put trust into a species that cant even trust themselves (Not towards the race...LITERALLY THEMSELVES)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, that's depressing. 200 years.

And I've been holding out for my very own Stepford Wife.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
we live in exponential times. doesn't need to take that long.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I hope not, I can't wait that long.

Not unless I get my head removed and cryogenically frozen.
then bring me back to life.

you know, like on futurama.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Upon re-reading the OP I am left thinking that the premise is somewhat human-centric.
(as in ethnocentric) By this I mean that the OP maintains some sort of cosmic, orchestrated disclosure process. And we humans are simply hapless, uniterable participants.

It fails to consider:

Our (human) potential to explore space and perhaps by crashing things into the moon
or flirting with nuclear annihilation we somehow accelerate/invite the need for galactic intervention.

A potential calamity / catastrophe by ET's (crashed ship, fleet or drone) yielding undeniable proof of existence and witnesses.

Our blistering and ever-increasing advances in the evolution of technology. (Much faster than example given of industrial revolution.) Look at air travel from Wright Brothers (1903) to present. Advances are inversely proportional over time.

Still, a great thread nonetheless.

Regards...KK

[edit on 24-6-2009 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join