It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

youtube covert service denial theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So, I have a youtube account in good standing. I'm not posting this to spam my account, just bringing up something that has been aggravating me. I have noticed that when I make certain comments on videos with articulate, compelling arguments for unorthodox ideas falling outside of the status quo I encounter much problem with reloading and displaying the comments or at times even getting the youtube homepage to load. When this occurs, there is no problem loading any other site, just youtube. Right now youtube is "Down for Maintainance" which occured IMMEDIATELY after a wordy and eloquent argument on a police brutality video. I don't simply leave the obligatory contempt responses so many others do (not knocking them) but rather I try to offer solutions and revolutionary thought. So, my theory is that so many youtube channels are on watch lists. It goes without saying that this is true. Having said that, I believe youtube may be denying service to certain users at certain times. How/why does this occur? That's beyond the scope of this initial post. That's why it's conspiracy "theory" though, isn't it? It's just a theory which may or may not prove to be true.

Do you have any stories of denial of service on youtube? I suppose this would include (but not be limited to) video removal, false DMCA/TOS violations, votebotting, censorship, targeted viewership service denial and bannings.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Christ on a crutch...I intended to post this is GENERAL conspiracy theories, but accidentally clicked 9/11 conspiracy theories. I apologize now for the mistake. If a moderator could please move this post I would appreciate it and I do apologize for the wasted time you had to endure to do that.

*sigh*

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've commented on those iran videos on you tube, portraying the US in a bad light (nothing offensive or rude mind you), and some of my comments went missing. There is something funny going on there. If they are censoring comments, who knows what else they might be up to.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
not to be any sort of 4-letter word, but what good would denying you access to youtube at random times really do if youre still able to access it and make comments?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
not to be any sort of 4-letter word, but what good would denying you access to youtube at random times really do if youre still able to access it and make comments?

I think he meant that random comments disappear, not inability to access the site. Pardon me if I read it wrong.

top topics

join