It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roswell Story Challenged - Heard This Podcast Before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As they say here, "my right honourable gentlemen" provided an interesting rebuttal to the Roswell incident UFOlogy is so commonly inspired upon. I apologise if this has been shared before but I thought it was worthy of a thread on it's own.

Click here to download/stream the podcast

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

It's over here . . . . and it's a pile of worthless crap. One quick listen, a little typing and a couple of web links and his shoddy work was easily debunked.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That thread seems to me to focus only the 'crash dummies' segment of the debunking theory. How about the other points he raises in this podcast, particularly the ones relating to Glenn Dennis?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
That thread seems to me to focus only the 'crash dummies' segment of the debunking theory. How about the other points he raises in this podcast, particularly the ones relating to Glenn Dennis?

I personally do not find Dennis to be convincing, but he really isn't at the core of the story. By focusing on Dennis, he uses a dishonest debunking trick by making it seem that Dennis is more important to the story than he really is.

He also gets his facts wrong regarding how the story got into the media, the press just found out about it . . . . wrong!, and who misidentified the crashed material. He actually claims it was Mack Brazell.
That's just flat out laughable.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What would you say are the core points of the Roswell theory?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Something crashed, no one denies that. It was either something we made or it wasn't. A few core points, as I see them:

1. Credible professional military men claim they saw debris with out of this world properties. The wreckage, whatever it was, was flown to Fort Worth the next day. What was the hurry?

2. The story made the papers and radio news but once the lid came down on it, it came down tight as a drum. It is an amazing story, regardless of the full truth, and vanished completely for about 30 years.

3. Actions taken by President Truman himself indicate there was something to this and a number of other events that occurred in late 1947. See the thread in my sig.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by fls13]

[edit on 24-6-2009 by fls13]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Compare that podcast slop job with this. Some very good stuff here.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
How many Roswell stories are there.
Unsolved Mysteries had a re enactment that jived with the
conspiracy story of Bill Lyne who was in New Mexico at the time
and years later interviewed first hand people.
The saucers and parts was just not up to Hollywood standards
at the time and would do a better job now.
Except for the memory metal was a good use of some useless
high tech project and goofy artist that placed in 'symbols'.

top topics

join