It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, and if it has please delete this. After hearing of the explosions in Athens, I kinda got a gut feeling that there was going to be something like this during the olympics. Kinda like the Atlanta Games, but on a higher scale. I don't necesarrily feel it will effect every country, but a majority of them. You don't think Al-Queda is plotting something for this do you? With the U.S. and it's allies here. I hope nothiung happens but I guess we'll find out this summer.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think the chances of seeing some sort of terrorist activity at the games is high.

my guess, more of a prediction really, would be that the attacks would be focused on the olympic villages- take out the athletes, therfore ruining the game.

Security will be terribly high at individual events, so unless the attack comes by air, over a stadium or the like, i don't think we'll see someone sneaking in a dirty bomb, or anything along those lines.

Suicide bombers also could be a problem- what better way to kill a bunch of people than to drive a car into a crowd and let it explode- whoever doesn't die from being hit by the car will surely die in the blast.

put yourself in the mindset of a terrorist, just for a moment, and picture the easiest way to kill a lot of people. it'll scare you, some of the things you can come up with.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One of the bombs at a bank was accompanied by a note warning "well-to-do" Americans to stay away or they would die. I think that hotels and restraunts will be the primary targets ala the plaestinian suicide bombers. All in all with the political conventions and the Olympic games, it may be a very eventful summer.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Why do people think there is going to be a "terrorist attack" in Athens?

Athens is going to be the world's number secure location for the entire summer.

There is more chances of a "terrorist attack" happening in the United States than in Athens come Summer time.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Athens is going to be the world's number secure location for the entire summer.

Visit Greece, Experience greek labour and you'll rethink that.

So long as you're white you could plant bombs in the cement and get away with it at this time, security in the construction is almost non existent.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm predicting an attempt will be made.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
With an attack on the Olympics it would be very bad for a lot of people and some of the things john titor said might be true.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
FWIW - Athens has been the target for a number of terrorist attacks over the last 20 years - I was there in 1991 when the terrorist factions hit a number of targets including BNP. The greeks like us in the UK kind of live with this stuff. What is worrying however - and I will agree is the state of security around the Olympic location. However as you rightly point out - it happenend in Atlanta - so why not in Athens. Any hi profile event must be considered a target - but i notice no one has mentioned Euro 2004 due to start in a month - after the attacks on Madrid I actually consideer that a bigger threat at the moment - Aug-Sept seems a lot further off.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Titor wrote that after the 2004 olympics there won't be another one for a loooooooong while.

top topics

join