It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Massacre day, June 24, 2009 Tehran Baharestan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by john124

more disinfo & speculation?

call me suspicious but since you joined a week ago, 98% of your posts are about Iran and tend to be speculative and offer no real verifiable proof for what they claim.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by warrenb]

Erm.. because I have Iranian friends and plenty is going off in Iran.

I'm passing on information from various sources that I've been reading or watching. You don't have to believe them. It's your choice.

In more recent posts I've said IMO quite a lot for some stuff, and provided sources for those which I've said are factual.

This Forbes news article talks about tanks entering Tehran:

Read it, read it all: An Iranian Revolution That's Not Over Yet

After joining here I didn't expect as many idiots to be on here, but you are plentiful.

So I will repeat this for the last time: this is CNN news giving you this information, not me I'm just passing it on.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

do we choose door A or door B?

Unfortunately, it would seem we're left to decide or determine After the fact. (?) Sad. That.

With no official statements, aside from the few state-released commentaries, it would seem we're left to dissect, consume and/or digest the whole of both sides prior to making or coming to a final determination... each and every... to each their own, if you will. (?)

What gets me are the claims that Amendenajad supposedly garnered such an overwhelming "victory" despite the lead-up showing a "split", not in his favor, across the board. (?)

These peoples may Very well have the right to express their disdain. Who are we to say otherwise? I'm Not there.

Are You?
[impersonally speaking]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I cannot find any video evidence of this supposed "Massacre" .. Is there anyone that can link an official news article? I have heard nothing about this, aside from one poor girl who got murdered, I have heard nothing about other deaths, especially on a large scale.

I truly give up!

There are no foreign journalists in Iran.

This is given to you by CNN, your problem is with them.

Either you believe it because you personally know Iranians who have contacts in Iran - like me,

or

you are on the fence about it.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
These are the last ten tweets from someone ive been following for updates from Iran.
he/she has been very consistent in posting reports and encouragment. There has never been a break of more than a couple of hours it seems.

but 8 hours ago it stopped. I am worried about this person and all the others who are really fighting there for humanity. Forget the politics, this is real. there seems to be a real lack of new footage and info now coming over the internet and that's a worry.

I Hope and pray he/she is just having a long well deserved rest, but i doubt it.
anyway take this how you will...

From Twitter user Persiankiwi-

rumour they are tracking high use of phone lines to find internet users - must move from here now - #Iranelectionabout 9 hours ago from web

reports of street fighting in Vanak Sq, Tajrish sq, Azadi Sq - now - #Iranelection - Sea of Green - Allah Akbarabout 9 hours ago from web

in Baharestan we saw militia with axe choping ppl like meat - blood everywhere - like butcher - Allah Akbar - #Iranelection RT RT RTabout 9 hours ago from web

they catch ppl with mobile - so many killed today - so many injured - Allah Akbar - they take one of us - #Iranelectionabout 9 hours ago from web

Lalezar Sq is same as Baharestan - unbelevable - ppls murdered everywhere - #Iranelectionabout 9 hours ago from web

they pull away the dead into trucks - like factory - no human can do this - we beg Allah for save us - #Iranelectionabout 9 hours ago from web

Everybody is under arrest & cant move - Mousavi - Karroubi even rumour Khatami is in house guard - #Iranelection -about 9 hours ago from web

we must go - dont know when we can get internet - they take 1 of us, they will torture and get names - now we must move fast - #Iranelectionabout 8 hours ago from web

thank you ppls 4 supporting Sea of Green - pls remember always our martyrs - Allah Akbar - Allah Akbar - Allah Akbar #Iranelectionabout 8 hours ago from web

Allah - you are the creator of all and all must return to you - Allah Akbar - #Iranelection Sea of Greenabout 8 hours ago from web

There is no more.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by john124

You seem to be taking a special interest in ATS forums about reporting all kind of propaganda coming from Iran and Iran so call "witness".

I guess you are passionate about the country of Iran.

Hey are you going to join any group to get Iran out of misery and to have their government changed? or is just posting "news" to keep the people informed even if the news sources are not reliable.

I find all the big deal about Iran nothing more than a way to keep American people from the problems in this nation, specially the now scandal involving the Fed the BofA and Merrill.

But hey people are suckers for bloody news after all.

So far most if not of your threads are nothing but about Iran.

I've seen members who write 90% threads about aliens, or 9/11 or whatever. What does that say? Only what they're interested in at this current time. Some people look too much into things.

Anyway yes I'm just posting news to keep people informed. At first I was interested to see what people thought. But so many of you just jump to conclusion that CIA is trying to overthrow the mullahs without saying much in support of it.

With little to go on from Iran there are only youtube videos and twitter comments. I just post youtube videos as they are, and twitter comments I say are unconfirmed where possible.

The rest of the stuff I source or call it an opinion. If I'm saying massacres are taking place, well that's because I also believe other sources such as friends who are there who I definitely believe. Of course I can't confirm that to you, so from your perspective be sceptical, that's perfectly fine.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

I cannot find any video evidence of this supposed "Massacre" .. Is there anyone that can link an official news article? I have heard nothing about this, aside from one poor girl who got murdered, I have heard nothing about other deaths, especially on a large scale.

I truly give up!

Haha! I guess this comic piece would fit right in here with that comment?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b63237a2b602.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry! but I found this piece today and I think it was too funny!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Darth_Prime

exactly

let's face it, the US cannot in any way shape or form AFFORD another war of any kind. Bush's war in Iraq made sure of that.

all these conflicts are distractions for public consumption while the shadows plot and maneuver

Or maybe something tragic is happening that has nothing to do with America. I mean the USA didn't always exist, and bad stuff happened then.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

reply to post by john124

call me suspicious but since you joined a week ago, 98% of your posts are about Iran and tend to be speculative and offer no real verifiable proof for what they claim.

I've been thinking the exact same thing but wasn't sure if i should say it!
real fishy character imo.

Maybe you guys aren't used to someone on here who can think for themselves, and doesn't go for the NWO conspiracies as the answer before using a bit of thought. I mean are there really that many dis-info agents from the US government, or aren't you just a little bit paranoid.

You know to assume 1 premise is correct, and then to ignore all facts which don't fit in with that premise is what I would call loony.

Now certain conspiracy theories are plausible such as ufos = alien craft, but I have yet to see any real sound basis for NWO stuff. It's all irrelevant hype that the pro-NWO folk chuck at me. I would say you guys have failed to convince me, rather than me trying to sway you from what you call the truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

I truly give up!

Haha! I guess this comic piece would fit right in here with that comment?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b63237a2b602.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry! but I found this piece today and I think it was too funny!

It is funny!

Although my first comment was incorrect, it should have stated there are no foreign journalists in Iran allowed on the streets to film or report. Because there is at least 1 BBC correspondant stuck in his hotel under orders from the regime, as far as I know.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Ok,i hate to be the one to point it out.But aliens and the NWO have nothing to do with this thread and the opinions expressed,its called geopolitics.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Most of your sources are anonymous and nobody can verify them factually.

Your sources include: anonymous blogs, opposition party blogs (suspicious because they are still online, oh I guess the shadows forgot about that part)

You either swallow everything the government feeds you or your part of the shadows

A report on a blog post of a blog post of a blog post that gets posted on CNN is not factual news

**edit to add:
Oh and the only idiot on ATS is the one who swallows disinformation spread in the media and posts it as 100% fact without stopping to think for two seconds about how Intelligence Agencies operate.

In April this happened, which shows he has plenty of support

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran's president, returned home to what was officially described as a warm welcome yesterday after causing outrage at a UN anti-racism conference in Geneva, where he attacked Israel as a "racist state" created on the "pretext" of Jewish suffering.

Irna, the state news agency, reported a "sensational scene" awaiting Ahmadinejad in Tehran. "People from all walks of life, including university students, [who] had gathered as of the early hours of Tuesday morning, warmly welcomed their political leader at the airport," Irna said.

And this bit is what got the SHADOWS working in the background, ok maybe earlier but this shows the seeds.

Ahmadinejad, facing an election in June, is popular in rural Iran but widely blamed for the country's economic crisis. Many Iranian critics say his grandstanding has brought the country into disrepute. Tehran is at odds with the US, the west and Israel over its alleged nuclear ambitions and support for groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah in Lebanon.

www.guardian.co.uk...

But that doesn't suit your agenda, so let's skip it shall we?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

Most of your sources are anonymous and nobody can verify them factually.

Your sources include: anonymous blogs, opposition party blogs (suspicious because they are still online, oh I guess the shadows forgot about that part)

You either swallow everything the government feeds you or your part of the shadows

A report on a blog post of a blog post of a blog post that gets posted on CNN is not factual news

If you're delusional it ain't my problem

You could try answering this question - If the Iranian islamic regime did ban all foreign media from reporting on the streets and such massacres did take place, how would this information get to us?

OK your opinion is US govt. spies, NWO etc.... my opinion is a little more down to Earth.

It was worthy of reporting by CNN live on tv so I guess we can call it news after all!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I truly give up!

This is given to you by CNN, your problem is with them.

Either you believe it because you personally know Iranians who have contacts in Iran - like me,

or

you are on the fence about it.

Quite frankly the caller on that video didn't appear to be truly honestly distressed about the savagery.. it was just something in her voice..

And yes, I do require an in depth and detailed examination if your going to accuse a government of butchering hundreds or thousands with axes ... not just one distressed caller claiming every evil deed known to man is taking place before her eyes.

And honestly.. the God honest truth.. what if it was taking place? What can we do? Oil embargo? Trade embargo? The west already rejects Iranian oil, the East is their main consumer. War? Send in the troops to save the minority? Worked well in Iraq. Let's say the Iranians are slaughtering their people like animals, what the hell can we in the international community do???? We already knew they where an ultra religious dictatorship.. we already knew the students and enlightened individuals wanted change since the last revolution..

I see no point in airing the distress in Iran, unless it's to harden the thoughts against it's government. The Government declaring Israel should be destroyed, faux evidence of Iranians supplying militias, ties to hezbollah.. these did nothing what so ever to make Americans think ill of Iranians, we called it war mongering...

Now we show all this supposed suppression (to me it looks like it's still a minority demanding change of the majority) and we in America and Europe are supposed to now HATE the Iranian government...

So I am sorry if I don't buy into these sensationalist claims.. every bit of news is someones propaganda, and I look out for my own understanding before believing a word anyone says to me anymore. You say slaughter, I say prove it.. if you can't then it shows someones propaganda is working very well... and I think we should all fear if it's being aided by the west to beat the drums of war..

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

Erm.. because I have Iranian friends and plenty is going off in Iran.
to be on here, but you are plentiful.

Indeed. I am suspicious of you too john124.

Not only do you focus on iran but you focus through sourced news

It has already been shown on twitter that the majority of those inciting Iranian violence have Isreali IPs....

It has bugged me to no end that the guy who lost has called for war...I would think that if you love your people you would not call for war but for peace... Peace at any cost.

But know this. You remind me of other members that stick to one topic..like 911 or Katrina...Recently it was proved that the army corp of engineers were tasked to refute conspiracies...

With free speech violations like this we have good reason to be distrustful.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Wow you guys on here really have issues....

You can make your own mind up about the massacres, I never said it was set in stone.

The islamic regime has always behaved in a disgusting fashion, IMO Obama was blind to think he could discuss things over dinner with them. I have always thought they behaved despicable, and the last 12 days just gives more reasons to think that.

Anyway time will provide the proof. We can wait can't we and behave civilised until then. You guys must spend too much time on ats IMO. Oh wait do I have to find a source to prove that. Jeeez just chill out man, as the Americans say.

If it mis-info and proven to be I will change the title of the thread accordingly. Until then it's just a video from CNN showing what they say appears to be an Iranian woman in distress. Since I wrote the thread I'm allowed to place my opinions in the first message window, or are you so touchy you would prefer no opinions until your's high and mightyness has been heard.

If ats didn't require 50 words minimum when starting a thread I may not bother as much with opinions, but once you get going it's difficult to stop.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

How is that Iranian opposition party websites are still online but the central government website is not. So if the opposition parties are still online and are posting all these juicy tidbits for you, then how come there are no photos or videos to prove their claims? did all the cameras and camcorders suddenly stop working?

Take your time and think about that.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

How is that Iranian opposition party websites are still online but the central government website is not. So if the opposition parties are still online and are posting all these juicy tidbits for you, then how come there are no photos or videos to prove their claims? did all the cameras and camcorders suddenly stop working?

Take your time and think about that.

There are videos on youtube!

There could be a multitude of reasons why they don't upload photos there, maybe blocked from inside Iran is one of them. That doesn't mean the IP is blocked for you! Use some common sense please.

They can access facebook and twitter using proxies, it's likely opposition websites are now under regime control anyway. What's the need to take it down. You think as though Iran is like the USA and you assume too many freedoms.

Anyway the videos are not juicy tidbits, they are videos showing people shot and dying.

You show a lack of rational thinking... shall I call you an islamic regime spy. oh noooooo lets all call each other spies. Now you guys see how pathetic you are getting.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by john124

Ok,i hate to be the one to point it out.But aliens and the NWO have nothing to do with this thread and the opinions expressed,its called geopolitics.

I was just using that as an example that people have hobbies and interests. Why can't someone be interested in Iranian affairs in much the same way someone is interested in ufos, or say a sceptic of ufos would be a better example. Oh no I bet the extra-delusional (pro-everything ufo is alien craft) group scared them away by calling them govt. spies. Imagine that I bet you guys on here scared all the scientists and sceptics away, and left you without any rationality whatsoever.

That applies to what you were saying because it's analogous to it. You and many others bring up false disrepute, which has nothing to do with this thread.

Judge the CNN video for yourself. And wait listen to this: I don't care what delusions your mind hosts.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

oh wow videos on YOUTUBE

what does that prove? It could be protest in IRAQ or Pakistan or maybe some INTEL agents incite a riot within IRAN

Your arguments bear no weight whatsoever

Usually I'd add you to my ignore list but my 10 slot limit is full of juveniles at the moment but in any event your posts are entertaining to read. Like watching inspector Clouseau trying to find his way out of a toilet stall.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Oh my God...

There is no turning back for these people now. All that is going to happen if they give up is a massive witch-hunt by there gov, occuring over the next years. Police-State stuff.

And some are calling this propaganda... ok just tell me what I shouldn't fall for? Don't fall for a draft on America? check... Don't fall for warmongering? check. Don't fall for demonization of another culture? check...

There is no turning back if this is true. The people themselves will have to go on strike completely that's the only option I see. Those oil workers in Iran need to shut down the plants as well, and stop. They are probably isolated from the news even moreso than other countries if you consider that possibility... then I don't know

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join