It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford Admits Affair!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hi ships,

Yes I heard about this insne situation. This actually happened to an ex Boss of mine.

He was having kid and marrige problems, left his truck and supplies in it then went camping for 2 weeks.

The search and rescue found him 2 weeks later and because he had a handheld radio and was listening to to search party he was stuck with a 25,0000 bill for the search. I hope the same happens to this guy.

The coldness and audacity of these guys. I guess it's better than jumping from a building?

S&F

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Now that would make me smile, if he had to pay for some of the turmoil he caused!

Thanks for posting that story too. We need to discourage men from thinking they can do this, and not pay through the nose.

In other words...
hit em below the belt, or in the wallet where it hurts!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I totally agree with you!! there is another agenda here, its a diversion

for something else, don't know what though, maybe he was going to

blow the whistle about something??

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth/seeker
reply to post by warrenb

I totally agree with you!! there is another agenda here, its a diversion

for something else, don't know what though, maybe he was going to

blow the whistle about something??

Hummm ok well I am all ears for an explanation beyond the one that Mark is offering himself! Some people thought he was maybe doing a secretive succession type of thing. What else would it be.

What the governor has said has a the ring of thruth though.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Hummm ok well I am all ears for an explanation beyond the one that Mark is offering himself! Some people thought he was maybe doing a secretive succession type of thing. What else would it be.

What the governor has said has a the ring of thruth though.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by burntheships]

Well, he went to Argentina, right? I'm not confused by my ADHD right? Who else is there? I say he's either colluding with Nazis or hunting Nazis. The affair is probably less of a personal sacrifice than failing in such a mission. Somewhere, somehow the Pacific Northwest will come into play...Seattle...well, I dunno about that one.

And don't cry for me Argentina.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So now what happens to the lady in Buenos Aires? Does he dump her in his pathetic attempt to reclaim the dignity of his office?

Man up! Move to SA with your 'other woman'. Or don't. Your wife no longer wants you. Grow a pair and concentrate on raising your sons to be honest men. Forget politics - you blew that cushy job you had.

If I hear this guy beg for forgiveness from Jesus , I think I will puke.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
dang hypocrite's.

The man had a affair what's making you mad?
he spent S.C tax dollar's? prove he did before we assume anything

Bill clinton did same ..people screamed kick him from office.

Common folk's a affair or being a bastard child is not grounds to kick ANY man from a office.

If so your beloved obama would have never got elected.

We do not care if the man cheat's on his wife.

this should not be new's other than he was found safely.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
We do not care if the man cheat's on his wife.

I think the issue is whether or not he is cheating on us. In other words, is he having an extramarital affair with another than lady liberty.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here's what I wanna ask:

What's NEW?

Our politicians do that ALL the time.

In fact, all this nonsense is so ridiculous it's making Sarah Palin look like the National Republican Committee President, with her fidelity. Though her daughter, clearly, is going the way of her mother's friends.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KarlG

This is truly the point, politicians have affairs all the time, we are only

human, why drag them through the mud?.... why plaster it all over the

news, what does this accomplish? you people worry about him using tax

payer money, what about bail out money?? trillions of it, NOW THAT IS

SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT????

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So this is, I magically tell my guards to "stay" While i run off to mythical Plane, with Pilot, Who just happens to be rdy and is allowed to fly away undetected on all levels so that not even Officials can track... They would never know the plane is missing.

Or This is i can magically go into an air port, not scan any type of ID and enter a plane unoticed and come back Without any one knowing ...

Sorry I call BS .. A. The cost and resources used to take this trip Would mean People would know where he exactly went. Fooling his wife ? I can believe. Fooling the state while he govener. A bit out of the question.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
As strange as it may seem, this man actually tried to refuse the "Stimulus Package". It didn't seem to work out. Any possible connection?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by betosuave

Could be, there is more going on here than meets the eye!!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Well I would say that now e-mails have emerged, rather steamy ones at that! No doubt about it...
The governor had an affair, and that is all there is to it. No cry for me Argentina...just an adultrous relationship.

I do not care to quote the e-mails here...but if someone else wishes too, well that is fine with me. They are here www.thestate.com...

Yeah I know...some of you do not care...and only care about larger sums of tax dollars being spent on bail outs. Wrong begats wrong.

If all of the governors were like this man, our country would be worthless!

"He shouldn't have lied to us. He should have been up straight," said college student Gerald Walker, 19, in downtown Columbia. "It's very embarrassing for someone in a leadership role that we are supposed to respect, especially me being a young guy."

Glenn Mitchell, of Columbia, said he felt Sanford's absence showed a lack of concern for the state.

"He left the state unattended," said Mitchell, 54, out of work recuperating from surgery. "He just hasn't been there for us."

apnews.myway.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The sore point here is the governor's ostensible neglect of his state by so mysteriously disappearing and, if one is inclined to be fickle, his mismanagement of funds by possibly using government resources to fund his excursion (fickle by acknowledgement of most other politicians' private use of government funds).

True to form, the American media and ever-receptive public will focus not on these aspects but rather on who he decided to sleep with, grasping for every last sordid detail they can get their hands on. I had to pick my jaw up from the floor when I walked by a TV this evening and overheard Larry King reading the "steamy emails" sent between the governor and his partner-in-crime. The gluttony, the ever-raging appetite of Americans to simultaneously revel in and castigate politicians' affairs is just beyond nauseating at this point.

Most of the world has moved past this childish behavior and on to more adult evaluations like, I don't know, how a politician has governmentally managed his locale. The governor of South Carolina has screwed up in that realm as well. Is it too much to ask that we lambast him for failings in the governing of his state, rather than focusing so heavily on his bedroom indiscretions?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
You know if they felt it necessary to make public his affair, for whatever reasons, that's one thing, but to make those emails public is quite another. There is absolutely no reason in the world that the public needs to be made privy to that information.

I don't care what that man and his mistress did, or said to each other. It was so irresponsible and careless of them to publish those emails without even giving a moments thought to what his son's will go through when they become aware of them. His sons did nothing wrong, yet they will be the ones to suffer because of this.

It's a shame what passes as journalism these days.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
What? A devout christian and republican having an affair? This has got to be BS!!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The affair is one thing. Nobody should throw stones unles they and their entire expanded family is blameless. It's just the human condition - some people are weaker than others.

But he should lose his job for two reasons:

He used public funds to finance his trips

He left the state 'unattended' for nearly a week. A governor cannot do that.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am with you there...the media will sensationsalize the emails...and focus on them and the woman. Obviously that has already started!

IMO Journalists fail when they trash up stories. I did not care to quote the personal emails, as I am far more interested in the real story,
That being that the Governor acted in such a manner showing a complete lapse in judgement! He is not fit to hold his office any longer, and needs to step down.

Apparently from the dates on the emails (they are good for something) this goes back over a year, likely longer than that. I would like to see an investigation into the financial angle. If the Governor used state dollars in his pursuit he should be made to pay them back!

"Lust" or "love" does not justify misappropiated funds on this personal issue,

Aside from all of that, I could ask these questions. Did the wife release the emails? Who else could have traced them if they were sent from his house? Maybe someone set out to assignate his character...but he gave them all the ammunition they would ever need!

[edit on 25-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This story reminds me of another ... When the Lt. Governor of Washington State left is family for another woman he'd fallen in love with. Her name was Gini Sims.

If you read that one email, I say he's truly in love with this dark skinned beauty.

n another, dated July 10 at 12:24 a.m., he wrote, "You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty. I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night's light

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join