It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somalia blames Al Quaeda for Suicide Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Somalia blames Al Quaeda for Suicide Attack

www.cbsnews.com

(AP) A suicide bombing outside a hotel in western Somalia killed at least 20 people Thursday including the national security minister. The Somali president accused al Qaeda of being behind the attack.

Witness Mohamed Nur said a small car headed toward the gate of the Medina Hotel in Belet Weyne, then drove into vehicles leaving the hotel and exploded.

Information Minister Farhan Ali Mohamud announced the death of National Security Minister Omar Hashi Aden but declined to give any other details.

Somalia's president accused al Qaeda of being behind the bombing, which he said also kill
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't get why we first assume that whenever we're attacked we automatically assume that Al-quaeda is behind these attacks. I want to propose a radical change in thought. There are several different terrorist organizations out there and intelligence organizations and lone nuts that could carry out these kinds of attacks themselves. Why do governments like to blame Al-quaeda for everything? I guess Al-quaeda was responsible for all of those suicide bombings in Israel too... ha. I think this is getting old. We need to start seriously questioning what our elected officials say and we can no longer take them at face value for the truth and spoken word. Now even other governments automatically blame Al-quaeda for everything. They are a terrorist organization. I don't think they're responsible for everything however.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join