It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for Dignity: Powell does the right thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Finally, Colin Powell stops playing the Uncle Tom role and is leaving this disgusting and criminal administration. Finally, he is searching to get his dignity back. Finally, he is going back to a man that balck Americans can be proud of.

Powell's chief of staff, Larry Wilkerson, on whether Powell will return for a second term: "He's tired. Mentally and physically. And if the president
were to ask him to stay on -- if the president is reelected and the president were to ask him to stay on, he might for a transitional period, but I don't
think he'd want to do another four years."

Ullman on Powell's relationship with Vice President Dick Cheney: "I can tell you firsthand that there is a tremendous barrier between Cheney and
Powell, and there has been for a long time ... It's like McCain saying that his relations with the president are 'congenial,' meaning McCain doesn't tell
the president to go f*ck himself every time."

Ullman on National Security Advisor's Condoleeza Rice's comments that Powell and Cheney are "on more than speaking terms," and that they're "very friendly": "Condi's a jerk."

Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage on Powell's presentation pre-war presentation before the U.N.: "It's a source of great distress for the secretary."

www.prnewswire.com.../www/story/05-04-2004/0002166707&EDATE=

Finally, he is returning to be the man of honor, the man he worked his whoel career to be until this crapola administration destroyed it.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Colonel]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Shouldn't he have resigned before all this mess happened? IMO, its too little, too late. The dirty deeds have already been done. Seems to me that Powell is like the rest of Bush's cabinet members who got out and only blabbed once it was too late to stop anything from happening.

Though this article doesn't really say anything other than perhaps Powell won't be seeking a second term with the Bush administration.

I would not be too worried about any of these guys getting into trouble. Whomever gets into office next, or even if Bush stays in, will make sure to pardon every major name regarding Bush administration crimes and nothing regarding justice will be meted out.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I kind of feel bad for the guy. Its too bad he got involved with these criminals and idiots.
Did he need the money? I dont think so. Wasn't he pretty well off beforehand?
Maybe he was fooled, but that only makes him look worse. In his book he said he doesnt like chickenhawks and the likes, but then he went to work for them, I couldnt understand it. Then he went and lied to the U.N. for them.
Colin Powell is the only piece of this administration that has never fit. He has his lame son running the FCC and embarrassing himself too,with Howard Stern.
I am surprised he stuck around this long, I know he is not loyal to the bush administration, but where do his loyalties lie?
He should of never got involved with these embarassments.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashley

Did he need the money? I dont think so. Wasn't he pretty well off beforehand?

Maybe he was fooled, but that only makes him look worse.

Nobody at that level does it for the money; gov't jobs pay crap compared to private industry. Most often, they are well off before accepting these positions. Powell could be making $20,000/hour on the speaking tour. He'll make millions on the book deal which is sure to follow.

Powell was too pacificist for this administration from the outset. He wasn't fooled, either. You don't rise to CJCS without knowing the game and buying into it. Also, he's probably just ready to retire. It's not at all uncommon for many cabinet level appointments to be one term.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I know someone who worked for Powell (one of his former military aides) and he has nothing but praise for the man. I suspect he probably stayed because he is Republican and wanted to make a difference, and has the military ethic: If you sign on for a job, you don't abandon it.

I hope he retires after this term. I would have liked to see him as President or as a cabinet-level position under ANYone but Shrub.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
He's already done too much for that Crime Family. He's one of person's who really pushed the Iraqi war to the UN and to the world.

He's the only one with brains in the Bush Administration. If he opts to leave, he wins and we lose.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
He has prostituted himself beyond the pale.
As if none of us served in the military & understand duty & sticking with what you sign up for. There also comes a point when you switch your chain of command unquestioning obedience for rational thought. That he never did is his extreme flaw of character.
I don't need a "good soldier" at that level, I demand a leader. He had all the credentials for it but obviously none of the fortitude.
I'm glad, as per the Dave Chappelle show last night, that he and Condi were drafted by the other team!

new topics

top topics

join