It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Offers To Monitor Your Home Power Usage (MSFT)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Microsoft today rolled out its home power management service called Hohm

Source Link: www.businessinsider.com...

Google announced its foray into this business earlier this year with the Google PowerMeter, but Microsoft's been quietly working on its effort for two years now.

Microsoft's Hohm is available to all 120 million households, regardless of their utility company, unlike PowerMeter. Both PowerMeter and Hohm are free for consumers

So Microsoft is nowing going to help us manage the power in our homes? What strikes me as odd is that they had been working on this technology for about two years, "Man" those elites are so far ahead of the game that it is simply impossible for any of us to keep up with them lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

I remember a half a year ago, or a year ago, Glen Beck was talking about this. He was pretty scared they'd do something like this, to force everyone to be eco friendly, i'm tired and won't look for the youtube video but, he's right most of the time.

I know it's something I won't be getting.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

He's right most of the time.

I'll agree that GB has been right about a lot of things and is one of the few who actually discusses issues such as this, I would have to also say that Alex Jones has been right about a lot of things and Steve Quayle and Gerald Celente and Peter Shiff and so on... But GB really get's me angry when he attacks curtain groups (i.e. truthers, Ron Paul supporters) as terrorist! Great post ty

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Um, how is this a bad thing? I would like to get a power consumption meter myself so that I can track what my usage is and figure out the best way to save money on my utility bill.

Look, not everything Microsoft does is a big nasty monopolizing conspiracy. Some of these ideas just come from their developers sitting around and talking about random things.

top topics

join