It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's new moon probe sends back moon shots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

NASA's new moon probe sends back moon shots

hosted.ap.org

NASA's new lunar probe launched less than a week ago has already sent back some shots of the moon.

The satellite swung by the moon Tuesday and took pictures for an hour, passing within 2,000 miles. Now, it's well past the moon in an elongated orbit around Earth. In October, it will slam into a crater at the moon's south pole.

A second spacecraft launched aboard the same rocket is now circling the moon. The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter is expected to provide a precise 3-D map of the moon and help pinpoint safe landing spots for astronauts.

The two spacecraft are part of NASA's effo
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nasa.gov

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

(click to open player in new window)

Do hope that perhaps some members have their telescopes available that is if they are able to get a shot in or at least a rough glimpse.

To think on earth were all arguing about everything and anything and here are the true rulers sending their probes to the moon and mars, not bothering anyone until they decide to change everyones perception of history.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Great find...

I cant wait until they get in close to view those 3-d images. Being Tax payers dollars and all we better get a damned good view. Unlike our Japanese friends over there who only gave bits and pieces. I know they released some images but not the whole shabang!@

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Cool! I hope this will quickly put to rest the conspiracy theories that we've never been in space. I look forward to more footage. I'll check out the video.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 24-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

SEE!!!

That's a perfect example of why people think NASA Sucks!
BORING!

Well actually to me it's amazing!

But to the average Joe on the street with the attention span of a gnat it's BORING That's why NASA finds it hard to keep its funding. Not very exciting!

They need to JAZZ it up a bit with music or a sports announcer type person calling blow by blow descriptions!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I do feel some glitch is going to hit at the exact time when the next broadcast is to be live, maybe while shooting onto the surface.

Thats when your going to read some wild conspiracy posts.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

or forget to edit out afew ufo's

i searched but saw nothing

not even a meteor!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yeah I know I already have them all lined up and ready to go.

Swamp Gas
Venus
Birds
Plane
Ball lightning
Some fat kid with a kite

[edit on 24-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Would be a change to see while on live feed some weird "space junk" crossing over and suddenly changes direction.

I guess that would be called USD "Unidentified Space Debri", oops did i just let the cat out of the bag, USD, United States Dollar. Oh well even if it's true, who's going to believe a person a conspiracy site.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yeah I know I already have them all lined up and ready to go.

Swamp Gas
Venus
Birds
Plane
Ball lightning
Some fat kid with a kite

[edit on 24-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

so what about these chineese lanterns?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
is this one what the news was talkign about today where they showed the lunar landing sites?

and the trailes from the lunar rover etc.

kinda puts a whole in the conspiracy theories that we never went one would think but nope

they will still it was all fakes with cgi.

top topics

join