It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama makes me sick (as a liberal)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
First of all, I think he is better than McCain and definitely better than Palin, but not by much because he is a puppet of the same people.

Anyway - I do think Obama has some goodwill in him, and I hope he exposes the government for what it is.

I don't think he will though. He is, I think, basking in his messiah/hippie/civil rights hero cult of personality.

It makes me sick to think most of the people on the Left who idealize world peace and equality and a clean healthy planet actually think this guy has come to save the day. He is just like the rest of them, so far ....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Why is he better then McCain or Palin?

You speak of Obama as if he is Darth Vader and you are Luke Skywalker.

"Anyway - I do think Obama has some goodwill in him, and I hope he exposes the government for what it is."

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Well because McCain is cranky and mean and Palin is downright sick. With Obama there is at least a chance he will turn against his masters.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Well because McCain is cranky and mean and Palin is downright sick. With Obama there is at least a chance he will turn against his masters.

Funny I never have thought of McCain as cranky or mean. I'm not sure why you refer to Palin as sick.

You keep clinging on to your "hope" and "change you can believe in". See you in 4 years when his new slogan will be "change is still coming, be patient".

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

He's McCain with a better tan, and a much better PR firm working behind him. Even before the election, if anyone bothered to actually look at their policies there were plenty of striking similarities -- especially in foreign policy, which were almost completely identical.

I don't think the government is to blame, here's a thread I started discussing that. Lets not forget that the government is a democratically elected institution, the only institution in your life which you have a voice in.

If you're looking for someone to blame, I would start with big business interests, since they are the ones who control the media, and thus the debates/issues that get talked about, as well as hold significant leverage against the economy. AIG, alone, was nearly responsible for crashing the entire world economy. Do not underestimate the power of the corporatocracy.

Also, realize that the plutocrats didn't come to power by force -- they used the vote. Now they're trying to take that vote away from us, and so far they are succeeding.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Funny I never have thought of McCain as cranky or mean. I'm not sure why you refer to Palin as sick.

You keep clinging on to your "hope" and "change you can believe in". See you in 4 years when his new slogan will be "change is still coming, be patient".

I never said I liked Obama. He annoys the crap out of me.

But he is the lesser of two evils. Palin takes pleasure in polluting pristine lakes and shooting moose from helicopters. Not to mention she uses her children as pawns for her political career and wants women to buy rape kits.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I think Nader was the lesser of three evils. In fact, he wasn't evil at all -- and he was actually on the ballot because he is a third party candidate, unlike poor Ron Paul who was forced out of the election by his own party in the primaries (not his fault. He was made to look like a kook -- again, by fox news, AKA, the corporate media big business interests.) Same story with Kucinich, except he's even less known.

Don't debase yourself to voting for the "lesser of two evils." Evil is evil, and there's no reason to pigeonhole yourself into one terrible party vs the other.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So she enjoys hunting?

Every Politican flaunts their children during the campaign.

As for the rape kit thing.

townhall.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The idea behind the myth of the Palin rape kit will be stolen by Obama.

Do you honestly think his healthcare is going to be free?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

and Palin is downright sick.

i have no idea what your talking about here

Palin is not "sick" she is just "really really stupid beyond belief"

theres a difference

anyways, i agree with your sentiment about Obama Donnie, he is a sell out, but theres no surprise there eh?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Palin is not "sick" she is just "really really stupid beyond belief"

What do you base that opinion from?

I think she is an intelligent conservative woman that had to be discredited and destroyed at all costs which is why the MSM practically lived in Alaska during the campaign to dig up as much dirt as possible and even stretch the truth or all out lie about her and her family.

If Obama got half the tough questions she did we would have had a much closer presidential race. Obama can't even speak without either his teleprompter or pre screened questions.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

So she enjoys hunting?

Every Politican flaunts their children during the campaign.

As for the rape kit thing.

townhall.com...

Hunting from a helicopter. I would like to see her hunt them from the ground.

And she was happy to dump waste into the lake because it would "create 345 jobs". And she takes joy in battling environmentalism.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

While I voted for Obama and continue to defend him in regards to hysterical posts from the wrong wing I never had any illusions about him... he is a politician with all that implies both good and bad...

NO politician ever gets in power if the are a threat to the powers that be much less get into high office or to the presidency so I am not really surprised, let down or annoyed... it is pretty much what I expected.

Still given the choices the GOP puts forward a flawed Obama is better than anything they have.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

It will come from taxes i presume.Dont have any polls(for what its worth) but i don't think the majority of americans wants a NHS.One things certain though,being the richest country in the world,spending the most on health care yet coming between 35th and 37th in the top 100 health care systems in the world shows you really need to get your act together.Grover...why not...vote for a party other than the democrats or Republicans?
and on that note,what do you think about Obama giving more power to the federal reserve...you know,the ones who told you it was none of the publics business where 7 trillion dollars went?

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

An intelligent conservative woman? ROTFLMAO!!!

She was chosen because she was pretty and that is all.

If MaCain had wanted to chose an actual intelligent conservative woman there is Olympia Snowe... Kay Bailey Hutchenison and many more...

Palin doesn't even come close.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
why this type of thread makes me yawn as a human

because it's redundant. obama won, more people voted for him, get over it.

unless he presides numbly over the worst terrorist atrocity this side of the inquisition, starts at least two disastrous wars and actually nukes wall street he'll be an improvement on his predecessor.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Still given the choices the GOP puts forward a flawed Obama is better than anything they have.

Yup, unfortunately that's the truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

First of all, I think he is better than McCain and definitely better than Palin, but not by much because he is a puppet of the same people.

Anyway - I do think Obama has some goodwill in him, and I hope he exposes the government for what it is.

I don't think he will though. He is, I think, basking in his messiah/hippie/civil rights hero cult of personality.

It makes me sick to think most of the people on the Left who idealize world peace and equality and a clean healthy planet actually think this guy has come to save the day. He is just like the rest of them, so far ....

Hello Donnie Darko,

I am glad to hear you say what you have said admitting you are a liberal..because there may be a touch of conservative in you by making the statements you made. I am conservative...but...I am willing to point my finger at those that are in the public eye and elected officials that wear the conservative badge and point them out for what they are. Really, like you said Obama works for the same people. Look at what we have...an unknown really up to about 2007...no experience...and he came out ahead of everyone else on the Democrat ticket. Believe me he has a fairy god mother or father somewhere and he owes them and he will pay that debt. It is my believe there are unseen hands influencing world events and these are very wealthy and powerful people that care only for themselves and will go to every extent to make sure they are in control and these folks know no geopgraphic boundary...their loyalty is to themselves and the almight dollar...euro...gold ....silver you pick the currency or vehicle...it all leads to one thing power and control and that is what they want because they know better what you need than you do...and really and truly they thing there are 'too many' of us breathing their air...drinking their water...eating their food...and taking up their 'eutophia here on Earth.

The problem here in the US and other Western Nations is we are stupid. We don't think...we watch ABC...CBS....CNN...and whatever they say is the gospel. Give us a place to stay..a Walmart to go to and shop a little and we're happy..riding there in our new car we are sweating blood every month to pay for. And these folks know this...they have shoveled out the money for decades now..and it's payday. Now our new president wants to put us more in debt and many people think we can borrow our way out. No way Jose...it don't work that way. This problem is much deeper and wider and he is pouring salt on wound. People should wake up and think for themselves.

I agree...we didn't have too much to choose from in 2008. It is a shame neither party could offer better..in a country with 300,000,000 people. Obama's popularity is a few months before tanking out. I'm glad you are smart enough to see it...we should all think more for ourselves that's why we have our own personal brain...if you make a mistake it's yours then not someone elses you have to pay for also. Thanks for your post.

With best regards,
seax125

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
...what do you think about Obama giving more power the the federal reserve...you know,the ones who told you its was none of the publics business where 7 trillion dollars went?

Downright wrong for the public to conveniently ignore and keep quiet on this.
If Bush had done this you know the "public" would be screaming 24-7, but since it's Obama, all of a sudden it's OK.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I never said I liked Obama. He annoys the crap out of me.

But he is the lesser of two evils. Palin takes pleasure in polluting pristine lakes and shooting moose from helicopters. Not to mention she uses her children as pawns for her political career and wants women to buy rape kits.

You got the Drive-by Media talking points down pat! I find it interesting you bash Palin more than McCain. I guess when you have a so-called Republican agreeing with your side more than 50% of the time it's kind of hard to bash him too much? Palin, a real conservative, is a much easier target for media, and I see they have conditioned you well.

I think your problem with Obama is that you fell for the "Hope and Change" and the whole "Messiah" bit and feel extremely disappointed.

BTW: I now have 52397 ATS pts!

[edit on 24-6-2009 by RRconservative]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join