It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn's Orbo Technology Fails Independent Jury Tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
From the Jury Panel site:

Twenty-two independent scientists and engineers were selected by Steorn to form this jury. It has for the past two years examined evidence presented by the company. The unanimous verdict of the Jury is that Steorn's attempts to demonstrate the claim have not shown the production of energy. The jury is therefore ceasing work.

stjury.ning.com...

Irish Times:

An Irish company had promised it could deliver non-polluting, virtually cost-free power but an international jury said yesterday it did not work.

However the verdict has not deterred the company, Steorn Ltd, from continuing to develop a magnetism-based technology it calls “Orbo”. “It is a disappointment, but we had seen this coming for quite a while,” chief executive Seán McCarthy said yesterday.

www.irishtimes.com...

Another blow for the free energy devotees.

But Sean McCarthy is persistant:

The dream lives on, however, as Steorn prepares to begin licensing its Orbo technology “definitely before the end of the year”, Mr McCarthy said.

The company is inviting 300 engineering companies to sign a developer licence agreement, giving them free access to the technology. The call represents a final test of the system, according to the company’s website.

(same source)

They do not give up easily now, do they?

T4H

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Truth4hire]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Which indicates that there is something to it. Why else bother building something that wouldn't work?

The story is that while researching/developing something else they tripped over this discovery. So it's not a money scam as far as I can tell.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Are you suggesting that the "jury" was bribed or compromised somehow then?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Who didn't see that this was going to happen?

Nice scam and funny to see that they're still going on with the licensing

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

An entirely plausible scenario is that one or more persons on the jury were "planted" there to ensure negative results.

I like that theory and I'm sticking to it.

Besides, we know that we are constantly lied to by those in power, science and the MSM. It's one of the reasons that ATS exists.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Guys, I am not implying that Steorn ever intended a scam.

On the contrary, I had a lot of faith in them and Sean and was a frequent visitor of the Steorn forum, even after the presentation disaster.

I was really hoping that against the repressive Corporate Tide there would have been a positve outcome by the jury but that (to my surprise) has not happened.

Like Sean stated: "It is CoE against CEO"

I really wish they will go ahead as scheduled and give engineering firms access to the technology, the world seriously needs it.

Were there "plants" on the jury? I would probably have to say yes.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

The whole Steorn and Orbo thing could also be a planned hoax to help discredit all the legit "free energy" inventors.....

new topics

top topics

join