It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Woman Cries out on CNN for World to Stop Islamic Massacres

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Iranian Woman Cries out on CNN for World to Stop Islamic Massacres

www.youtube.com

This is beyond belief! The world must stand up against such brutality! Women of Iran: remove your head scarfs in silent peaceful protest! Men of Iran: Refuse to work! Hold your girlfriends hands...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
OK so what can the UN/USA/Britain actually do then....

IMO
1. Draft a UN resolution to condemn the regime
2. Each leader strongly condemn the Islamic regime as well as its violent acts in a public speech.
3. Draft UN resolution to boycott all Iranian products, oil, gas etc.

Russia and China will undoubtly veto these resolutions and refuse to boycott Iranian oil and products.

Where do we go from there if worker strikes do not cripple the Islamic regime?

You could use this thread to post other youtube videos as well....

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I was just watching this. I couldn't tell if it was legitimate or not. I am guessing it was real. Good post. Very informative.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah, they cry out for help now, ..... Untill we actualy get there and the suicide bombings start.

The US can do no right nowadays. It's their country, let em sort it out. We've already gone through a revolution and a civil war.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

I was just watching this. I couldn't tell if it was legitimate or not. I am guessing it was real. Good post. Very informative.

Thanks. I did post this video on 2 other Iran threads, but I thought it deserved one of its own.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is informative as to the protests today, cannot confirm accuracy of it though.

shooresh1917.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Yeah, they cry out for help now, ..... Untill we actualy get there and the suicide bombings start.

The US can do no right nowadays. It's their country, let em sort it out. We've already gone through a revolution and a civil war.

Yes the west cannot bomb basij barracks as much as it may seem a good idea, we have to wait until the Iranian people ask for that to happen.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sooo...have we actually seen evidence that accounts for such a large win for ahmadinejad being fraudelent? i certainly haven't..it may well have been rigged,but given the huge support he recieves outside of the cities it is hardly clear cut.Of course deaths in protests is always a tragedy and that should be called out for what it is(that goes for western countries too) but i think people should not let emotions cloud their judgment here on ATS and the world.Take a step back and look at the bigger picture before buying into propaganda which anyone with two eyes can see that this situation is being used for.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Sooo...have we actually seen evidence that accounts for such a large win for ahmadinejad being fraudelent? i certainly haven't..it may well have been rigged,but given the huge support he recieves outside of the cities it is hardly clear cut.Of course deaths in protests is always a tragedy and that should be called out for what it is(that goes for western countries too) but i think people should not let emotions cloud their judgment here on ATS and the world.Take a step back and look at the bigger picture before buying into propaganda which anyone with two eyes can see that this situation is being used for.

Have you looked at the bigger picture?

How come everything gets turned into evil USA all the time?

On newsnight yesterday we had 2 ex-prisoners of the regime, and they were tortured until they confessed to being spies, when they were just students or journalist visiting or writing an article.

There are over a thousand prisoners held by the regime now. I'm sure you can guess why some have confessed to being spies.

Anyway the regime is commiting human rights violations. The number of votes is not even an irrelevant point anymore. The regime admitted discrepancies, yet won't allow an investigation by the UN, full recount or a re-run. If Ahmadinejad won legitimately don't you think one of those would be allowed rather than let protests continue?

It's all common sense really.......

This no longer has anything to do with votes, this is about the people wanting the regime gone so they can live in freedom. They were singing "death to the Islamic republic" yesterday.

Originally this was "where's my vote gone", changed to "down with the dictator", then "death to the dictator/khamenei" and now "death to the Islamic republic". I don't think most people have yet got to grips with what's going on.

To say "death to the Islamic republic" would NEVER have been dreamed of 2 weeks ago. That would be punished by death in the Islamic law.

IMO, for these people its revolution or catastrophe. Catastophe may be worse oppression than in 1979,1980 just after the Islamic revolution - women covering faces fully, regular stoning of raped women etc etc. Or it may be all out civil war that goes badly, and even leading to war with the West in an all out last ditch attempt for khamenei to win his people over.

I just don't see how number of votes matter anymore. The regime have back-tracked already, so proved they lied originally. We can't trust a word they say. It's way past the stage where there can be negotiations between the regime and the opposition.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Iran is an associate of Russia. I find it interesting how quiet the Russians are on this series of events. Normally, I would expect Russia to step in and make some effort at restoring human rights, election monitoring, and so forth. China is working on the N Korea problem, which is similarly at their doorstep.

As a country, we stand for freedom and human rights. Of course, standing for something means nothing unless you apply the standards through action. Is it fair at this point to ask the US military to go into yet another war front to stabilize a region? They are already on multiple repeating tours through combat.

If you are going to start becoming the nation to end world problems, you had better do a couple of things:
(1) Earn enough to pay for it, and
(2) Draft this generation into the military forces.
Put your blood and money where your mouth is, or else find another path to world peace by using your head.
Military should be a very last resort. I speak that as a Vietnam Era Veteran.

Iran is a famous case of the old saying "It's either ballots or bullets." If the ballots aren't legit, the population will have to learn how to check their votes manually, like the days of the "hanging chad" in Florida. Assuming the votes are registered by number to individuals, it would be good to validate the papers if they kept their numbers from their ballots.

As far as the US is concerned, we have some other options. You have peaceful demonstrations, like Ghandi and MLK suggested. You have the diplomatic arm of the UN with the support of surrounding countries to coerce another election with heavily monitored results. You can hope the people of Iran will come to the truth by their efforts. If they are out in the streets being slaughtered, I say they should get off the streets, get organized and equipped with weapons, and then go back out in the streets, so to speak. This is an internal problem in Iran. We don't solve internal problems worldwide. Let's see how it goes for awhile. My ggggggrandfather was in the American Revolution, from day one. I didn't see any foreign nation coming in to assist us, and we did ok, right? The reason we succeeded was because the Scots came to the US and demanded freedom from England. Up until then, nothing was going on. From 1492 to 1776 is a heck of a long time. Scots came over in 1700 and were freedom oriented. Iran doesn't have Scots, but maybe their new generation has some courage to demand freedom.

Lucky for us, Islam translated means "peace, purity, submission, and obedience." www.barghouti.com...

This time, before going to war, figure out if it is legal or not. Here's groups of our US military academy graduates against the war in Iraq, and the legal reasons why: www.westpointgradsagainstthewar.org...
www.sagaw.org...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Russia backs Iran election results

Russia says it backs the results of Iran's presidential elections - a crucial voteof confidence for hard-liner Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who says he won re-election by a landslide. The Foreign Ministry also says that disputes about the June 12 vote "should be settled in strict compliance with Iran's Constitution and law" and are "exclusively an internal matter." The statement was posted on the ministry's Web site late Monday. Iranian opposition supporters allege systematic fraud and have demanded a new election. They have staged near-daily protests challenging the Ahmadinejad claim to re-election. Meanwhile Tuesday, Iran's state TV reported that the country's top electoral body found "no major fraud" in the vote and ruled out annulling the results.

www.thejakartapost.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
this is exactly what my wife predicted a week ago

that we would have a reason to form an international alliance in order to overthrow the Iranian govt

for years no one would EVER let Bush invade Iran no matter what, and now it looks like we have the "magical reason" that will let us invade

IMO the shadow gov controls both the Standing Iran govt, and the revolutionary party that is protesting

that way they can totally control the outcome of the situation

Invasion!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Yeah, they cry out for help now, ..... Untill we actualy get there and the suicide bombings start. The US can do no right nowadays. It's their country, let em sort it out. We've already gone through a revolution and a civil war.

The U.S. should stay out of it, If we do anything it will be "our" fault. The Russians are their friends and allies, let the Russians come to the rescue. There is entirely to much America Bashing now, lets mind our own business on this one while the world cries out Help us USA!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Yeah, they cry out for help now, ..... Untill we actualy get there and the suicide bombings start. The US can do no right nowadays. It's their country, let em sort it out. We've already gone through a revolution and a civil war.

The U.S. should stay out of it, If we do anything it will be "our" fault. The Russians are their friends and allies, let the Russians come to the rescue. There is entirely to much America Bashing now, lets mind our own business on this one while the world cries out Help us USA!!!

Hang on a minute... you're saying the Russian's should come to the help of the regime that is butchering Iranian's... because the Russian's support the regime, not the people of Iran.

I don't think you've thought this through.... as that would be disastrous for the people of Iran, which are on our side remember. Duh!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Hang on a minute... you're saying the Russian's should come to the help of the regime that is butchering Iranian's... because the Russian's support the regime, not the people of Iran. I don't think you've thought this through.... as that would be disastrous for the people of Iran, which are on our side remember. Duh!!

Duh! Every time the US tries to help, they end up getting blamed for something...Burn me once shame on me, The US should stay out, let someone else, the Russians for example, help the Iranians. The US should sit back and watch this time and when all the worlds bleeding hearts come crying to us we can say...sorry not this time!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well what can fix a problem stemming from years of mental abuse from a two tiered control system? Money, wars, drugs, liquor? no. Only love. Real love. Not oh your this or that so it must not be love..

But real live and let live attitudes. From the world. THats the only way were going to get along. Stop the rat race.

top topics

join