It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay Exorcism" Enrages Gays

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

All things are a choice.
Even the fact that you "chose" to get up and face the world today.

This is not to say that homosexuality is wrong, as "wrong" is a subjective term.

But homosexuality involves choices, just the same as heterosexuality does.

I only point this out to support the following: Take accountability and responsibility for what you do in life. Don't surrender your freedom of choice so easily.

If you do not believe that homosexuality or heterosexuality is a choice, then you certainly would have no trouble explaining how monks can "choose" abstinence. By the very fact that abstinence is a choice, the opposite of abstinence, too, would be a choice.

I bring this up philosophically, not argumentatively.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

One's sexual orientation is not a choice. You are attracted to who you are attracted to. I will admit that engaging in sexual activity, whether homosexual or heterosexual, is a choice. But what sex "trips your trigger" is not a choice. Either you like boys, or you like girls, or you like 'em both. I hope that clears this up. It just angers me when someone implies that sexual orientation is a choice. It is not!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ok a few question's.

Was he cured of the gayness?

And if so why is it so bad?
If in fact it was a demon causing his gayness...

If he is still gay lol
it must not be a demon..right?

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I find this reprehensible! They should not have posted that video of that poor young mans exorcism. Bad form. It's not appropriate to make a spectacle out of the supernatural - and the poor mind numbed general population will not believe it anyway. Most of the Jerry Springer generation believes living with such overt demon possession is normal. It is most certainly demonic. After all if the behavior were to be adopted by everyone ~ the human race would cease to exist. So there can be no doubt that it is destructive mental disease of demonic origin. But that is no excuse to publicly post a video of this young mans struggle with this demonic influence. The only good that can come from it is if others see it and go get exorcized as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

One's sexual orientation is not a choice. You are attracted to who you are attracted to. I will admit that engaging in sexual activity, whether homosexual or heterosexual, is a choice. But what sex "trips your trigger" is not a choice. Either you like boys, or you like girls, or you like 'em both. I hope that clears this up. It just angers me when someone implies that sexual orientation is a choice. It is not!

I agree with that entirely. Orientation is not a choice.

Don't get me wrong. I could care less if someone is gay or not. I am a die hard "live and let live" mentality. I am just discussing.

It would be interesting to look at your last paragraph in greater detail, philosophically speaking...but that would go WAY to far off topic and would likely incite an ATS riot. LOL.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

So anyone that does something "wrong" or "sinful" has a demon in them. People should try using that in court!

The irony is, that tha is how it used to be when xtianity had influence over the common people.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is an xtian gene.

Thank god the cult of christianity is dwindling into nonexistence, every new space on a pew is one step closer to living in a safer world.

Pleas god send xtianity to the burning pit, \I'll choke my chicken for you if you do that.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It just angers me when someone implies that sexual orientation is a choice. It is not!

Not wanting to be pedantic my friend, but, I'm heterosexual and this I choose to be I'm not homosexual because I don't choose to be that way. But i could always change my mind so that would be out of choice no ?

I wasn't born to like trifle, I had to try it first no ?

our thoughts please.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

OMG!!! What a bunch of Frakin' feces!!!! Just another excuse to not take responsibility for one's own actions!! "It's not my fault, a demon made me do it!" PUHLEASE!!!! Demons do not make people do bad things (not that homosexuality is a bad thing, just nature), people decide to do bad things!!!

Also, let me make this VERY clear to all the non-homosexuals out there! HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A CHOICE!!!!!!! We didn't wake up one day and say to ourselves, "Hey, I don't feel nearly as ostracized by society as I would like. I have way too many civil rights! I know, I'll be gay!!!" I mean really, folks, did you decide to be heterosexual?? Or is it just what you are??? Ignorant statements saying homosexuality is a choice really grind my goat! SO DON'T BE IGNORANT AND THINK BEFORE YOU SAY SUCH THINGS!!!

first as a reply to the tone of your text i find it disturbing that you are yelling in my face metaphorically as in i had no intention of offending anyone but simply stating the truth. You have exposed your ignorance in this matter, displaying you have no real idea how the spirit world works or the inner workings of the spirit man. I was created to be heterosexual, it is that way from the beginning. The biology of a man is to have a woman to produce offspring, the nature of the man and the woman indicates we were created to be heterosexual. There is no proof that men were created to be with men or women with women, it is obvious there is no way such could have offspring in that matter. A man has no way of creating an egg or carrying a uterus to create life and the anus is designed to expel waste not to recieve a penis and sperm. The person in which who wants to be a homosexual "Learns" it by watching or thinking about homosexual acts, by then it sown into the persons heart, once that has come to fruition he develops the desire to be homosexual then there comes the conflict with his heterosexuality which ultimately gets suppressed and the dominate desire rules the man which chooses to give into this act.

This brings me back to the topic of Exorcism. Demons can manipulate and influence a person with "Thoughts,Ideas & Suggestions" of Homosexuality and it is the "Choice" of the individual to give into these, Now i'm not saying that it is Completely demon control it is not, it can also come solely from the individual. In some cases the Individual can allow the demon to "Possess" his body, but the Demon cannot possess the individual without his consent, he can only oppress from the outside until there is a door open in the individual for him to enter in and possess. Let me make this clear it is the "Responsibility" of the individual, the blame is not passed on to the demon but the individual who did not guard his heart and make healthy decision but chooses his path with free will to do the intentions of his heart.

Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Spoken like some who hasn't a clue what they are talking about. And yes, I was screaming in a way, not just at you, but at anyone who is ignorant enough to think that sexual orientation is somehow a choice or that it is learned. I also don't need a biology lesson from you or anyone else. I am quite familiar with how the plumbing works.

As to the workings of spirituality, I am far more versed in the subject than you appear to be. People like you think you have all the answers on the subject of spirituality, when in fact a true student of spirituality (which all on this plane of existance are) should have nothing but questions, which when you think you find the answers only lead to more questions. Demons are a creation of the human mind, and if you do truly believe in them, they do exist for you, only because of the power of your own mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wow, well this conversation is getting a bit out of hand now isn't it? Anyway, I have posted my thoughts on this topic, but perhaps I should go into detail a little more.

Legalized Child Abuse is what that tape shows, pure and simple. The second thing is, even if by some weird coincidence that child was no longer "gay", it was out of fear, not being exorcized.

Secondly, no homosexuality is not a choice. Trust me, If I could be straight, I certainly would be. What a wonderful thing that must be. But I am not, and although I will agree that sexual activity is a matter of choice, who I am attracted to isn't.

I don't have to use philosphy either, I can use Biology. Attraction is a chemical trigger in everybody's brain. Certain chemicals mix together to create the sensation of sexual desire or emotional desire. These things I have no control over, they are a natural occuring event.

Whether it be form past child experiences, or the general environment in which I was brought up in, I will never know. But what people fail to realize, is this is just like black vs white fifty or sixty years ago.

Where there is NO difference in between these people but some silly thing such as skin colour, and yet people loose their minds over it. In this day and age? Don't you all think that is a bit ridiculous?

How could you, as a parent, christian or not, condone such disrespect, pain and emotional scarring for your child? It's suppose to be for his own good? I fail to see the logic in that.

Then again, I think we've revolved the conversation around whether it's ok to be gay or not, which is not the point. This is about a child who was put through a ridiculous activity, because of the fear and ignorance that lives within adult hearts.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Spoken like some who hasn't a clue what they are talking about. And yes, I was screaming in a way, not just at you, but at anyone who is ignorant enough to think that sexual orientation is somehow a choice or that it is learned. I also don't need a biology lesson from you or anyone else. I am quite familiar with how the plumbing works.

As to the workings of spirituality, I am far more versed in the subject than you appear to be. People like you think you have all the answers on the subject of spirituality, when in fact a true student of spirituality (which all on this plane of existance are) should have nothing but questions, which when you think you find the answers only lead to more questions. Demons are a creation of the human mind, and if you do truly believe in them, they do exist for you, only because of the power of your own mind.

If you don't believe demons actually exist then you are gravely mistaken. You are deceived in your thinking. True, I do not have all the answers on the spirit world. I am grateful for what I do know about the spirit world and humbly admit I know only enough to get in out of the rain. My foundation is built upon the bible and the knowledge it brings and my relationship with God which is most important. the bible is a book of "Freedom" freedom from the oppression of the devil and his evil spirits. Jesus came and died for us so that we don't have to be a slave to sin and the devil. Homosexuality enslaves people to sin and death "for the wages of sin is death" Christ came to save mankind from their own destruction. If you truly know about spirituality and the spirit world and the spirit of man you would know that Christ exists and that he is the propitiation for our sins and that God loved the world so that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him will have everlasting life. Christ came and defeated Satan and Death, to all those who believe is free from Sin and Death. So God gives man a choice, Life and Death is laid out before you, Choose you this day which you are to believe.

Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Wow, well this conversation is getting a bit out of hand now isn't it? Anyway, I have posted my thoughts on this topic, but perhaps I should go into detail a little more.

Legalized Child Abuse is what that tape shows, pure and simple. The second thing is, even if by some weird coincidence that child was no longer "gay", it was out of fear, not being exorcized.

Secondly, no homosexuality is not a choice. Trust me, If I could be straight, I certainly would be. What a wonderful thing that must be. But I am not, and although I will agree that sexual activity is a matter of choice, who I am attracted to isn't.

I don't have to use philosphy either, I can use Biology. Attraction is a chemical trigger in everybody's brain. Certain chemicals mix together to create the sensation of sexual desire or emotional desire. These things I have no control over, they are a natural occuring event.

Whether it be form past child experiences, or the general environment in which I was brought up in, I will never know. But what people fail to realize, is this is just like black vs white fifty or sixty years ago.

Where there is NO difference in between these people but some silly thing such as skin colour, and yet people loose their minds over it. In this day and age? Don't you all think that is a bit ridiculous?

How could you, as a parent, christian or not, condone such disrespect, pain and emotional scarring for your child? It's suppose to be for his own good? I fail to see the logic in that.

Then again, I think we've revolved the conversation around whether it's ok to be gay or not, which is not the point. This is about a child who was put through a ridiculous activity, because of the fear and ignorance that lives within adult hearts.

~Keeper

then I ask you, Murder,Strife,Hatred,Revelings,Theivery,Jelousy,Bitterness,Fear,Greed are all those just chemical reactions? All these things are natural. If so then we are guided by chemical reactions and to descriminate to such is wrong. Thats why we have a Mind. So it comes down to Choice, what will you choose? It is a Choice to be Gay or not to be Gay, it is learned by the individual. Like i said previously it is not for me to Judge these people since I am not involved in the situation, read my previous postings on the subject of demon possession on my opinions about this matter.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I do believe in the existance of demons, but we differ as to their origins. You believe they are the creation of Satan, and I believe they were created and given power by the human mind. If we stopped believing in them they would lose their power and cease to exist, IMO. Sorry if I came across a little strong, as I am a firm believer in the right of others to believe what they choose, and I was just a tad cranky when I posted my first response to you. You have every right to believe as you wish as long as you grant that same right to others. In the end, we are all only responsible for our own beliefs and actions, and should not try to force our beliefs on others.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Everything is a chemical reaction friend. And those emotions are the product of our animalistic ancestry that we have yet to shed.

I don't see what those had to do with this conversation however. Again it's not a choice, for choosing to be straight for me at least would be to live a life in which I was not happy.

Why make such a decision?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I completely agree. I was raised Catholic, and even though deep down I knew better, I got married, had a kid, etc. etc. etc. In the end, I was very unhappy and could no longer 'live the lie'. I don't regret having my daughter, and I just ADORE my three grandchildren, but I do regret trying to fit in, as it was not who I truly am!

Welcome to my list of Friends!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Personally, me thinks the religous people who believe in bigotry are the ones that need an exorcism. Jesus said He didn't come for those that were whole, but those that were sick. And, if you read the New Testament closely enough, it was the RELIGOUS LEADERS that seemed to follow Him, in their bigotry, and cause all sorts of problems.

So perhaps the exorcisms should start at the house of God, and excise the stupidity and bigotry from the leadership.

I saw a bumper sticker once that sums it up pretty good, "I'm not afraid of Jesus, it's His followers that scare me."

Bigoty and religous fanatacism is what cause things like the coolaid party in the jungle of the leader and sad, blinded people of the "People's temple Church" and Rev. Jim Jones, or Marshall Applewhite and the "heaven's Gate". cult.

Stuff like this is like Arsenio Hall put it, "Things that make you go HMMM."

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
You know, your avatar was the perfect choice to post this story. What a clown act this is.

My god, Gay Demons eh? I must be hella possesed then.

Anyway, on topic I would assume that we won't hear about this at all in any of the major news outlets, but I would love to hear from that kid, see if it "worked"

This is just ludicrous behaviour, and your right, what a bunch of morons for filming the thing. What was is suppose to be, an educational video for the Vatican?

"Welcome To Exorcising Your Gay 101" They will probably get the ShamWoW guy to do the infomerical.

Sad...

~Keeper

My parents are fundamentalists and they truly believe there are demons responsible for everything bad you can think of.

Got cancer? Foul spirit of cancer.
Stub your toe? Foul spirit of clumsiness.
Morning wood? Foul spirit of lust.

The list is endless, and rather humorous at the same time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join